Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

Alexrat1996

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2015
Lehigh valley PA
You buy the new device and choose IUP and when you get the new iphone you have 14 days to return the current device and close out the loan …

If you buy and pickup in store then you have to return the current device in store within 14 days .. if Apple ships you the device then they will also send a return box which you have to use to send back your current device and within 14 days
I have a question for you the main issue my dad did the loan under his name but he shipped it to my house and can I just bring the receipts and they could refund it to his card because I’m gonna be the one returning?

Can I still keep my old loan on my iPhone 14 Pro Max till I get my new phone in the mail?

Will the loan close automatically and my eligibility status with AT&T resume?

I want to make order same day ?

Wxchaser

macrumors P6
Oct 28, 2017
DIA.png

dagored

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2007
Florida
You buy the new device and choose IUP and when you get the new iphone you have 14 days to return the current device and close out the loan …

If you buy and pickup in store then you have to return the current device in store within 14 days .. if Apple ships you the device then they will also send a return box which you have to use to send back your current device and within 14 days
My 2 boxes arrived by FedEx at 5 today. They will be going to the FedEx shipping center tomorrow morning.

I hand them over and get a receipt.

TurboCoder2022

macrumors regular
Nov 25, 2022
That's unlike FedEx. My trade-in package was delivered, but they never updated their delivery page to say it's been delivered. It could have been stolen.

Not happy with FedEx in this regard, because I was relying on that delivery page and didn't bother checking until it was lit up green as delivered.

Good thing my mom was keeping an eye out.

Reactions: 5105973

oops1975

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2010
Frisco, TX
That's unlike FedEx. My trade-in package was delivered, but they never updated their delivery page to say it's been delivered. It could have been stolen.

Not happy with FedEx in this regard, because I was relying on that delivery page and didn't bother checking until it was lit up green as delivered.

Good thing my mom was keeping an eye out.
That sucks

NickyValentine

Suspended
Aug 7, 2023
How long will it take Apple to remove my trade in from my account. I was able to sell my 14PM for more than the 650 quote. T mobile shows a 650 down payment and I paid the “remaining” 550. I want to pay the 15PM off but have to wait for Apple to clear the promo

Apple_Tiger

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2023
I have a question for you the main issue my dad did the loan under his name but he shipped it to my house and can I just bring the receipts and they could refund it to his card because I’m gonna be the one returning?

Can I still keep my old loan on my iPhone 14 Pro Max till I get my new phone in the mail?

If you already traded the phone in then that old loan is closed. If you still have it and not yet traded in it's still open but on hold. You can return the 15 pro max that you have which will then close out that loan. As long as you have the 14 pro max currently, I believe you should be fine.

Alexrat1996

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2015
Lehigh valley PA
If you already traded the phone in then that old loan is closed. If you still have it and not yet traded in it's still open but on hold. You can return the 15 pro max that you have which will then close out that loan. As long as you have the 14 pro max currently, I believe you should be fine.
Do they need original credit card the order was shipped to me under my name but my dad can’t come he’s working ?

Reactions: dadoc04

rixa001

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2012
Washington, DC
How are you guys/gals liking your phone so far?
Even though this weekend has been about updating, transferring and setting up the device (haha), I'm truly liking the 15PM. Coming from the 12Pro, I love the better screen quality (higher nits & refresh rate) and the speed (be it in apps or going between apps). I have to get used to the 'always-on' feature and other aspects. But its all of this on a bigger screen that got me geeked.

My 3 cents.

meetsam23

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2014

You will have your old loan continuing until you return the old phone to Apple and it’s Apple who closes the loan. That happens only when either you pay 24 months or upgrade to new model through IUP.

So until the trade-in / return of old iphone to Apple doesn’t happen the loan will continue..

For the other part - you got to check with Apple if they would allow you to trade in instead of your dad

Reactions: mathiasinthe314

Alexrat1996

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2015
Lehigh valley PA
You will have your old loan continuing until you return the old phone to Apple and it’s Apple who closes the loan. That happens only when either you pay 24 months or upgrade to new model through IUP.

So until the trade-in / return of old iphone to Apple doesn’t happen the loan will continue..

For the other part - you got to check with Apple if they would allow you to trade in instead of your dad
I mean the return for the 15 pro max so it goes back to his card without him being there ?

The order was shipped to my name

rolandkoller90

macrumors member
May 2, 2017
I’m loving my 15PM. Got the Natural Ti. I came from a 14Pro. I take extremely good care of my phones, but I’m just a tad worried about the rear glass this year. They aren’t fully glued to the metal midframe as previous years. JerryRigEverything did a video for durability and the back glass cracked very easily. That’s got me a little worried, but I’m trying to ignore that and enjoy the phone fully.

Reactions: 5105973 and rixa001

Surfsalot

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2023
I’m loving my 15PM. Got the Natural Ti. I came from a 14Pro. I take extremely good care of my phones, but I’m just a tad worried about the rear glass this year. They aren’t fully glued to the metal midframe as previous years. JerryRigEverything did a video for durability and the back glass cracked very easily. That’s got me a little worried, but I’m trying to ignore that and enjoy the phone fully.
how much better is the battery than the 14 pro?

zach-coleman

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2022
Do new stock/cancelled orders still go up at 6am local time or is that only on the day of release? I am going to wake up early tomorrow if it is still happening.

TurboCoder2022

macrumors regular
Nov 25, 2022
Aside from the relatively minor bumps in the icloud restoration process which we will resolve, I love my new iPhone 15 Pro Max. The quality is a substantial improvement moving up from the 12 Pro Max, in everything. From button presses to camera quality and overall screen quality and brightness.

It's been a fantastic upgrade for me. Now to just get my mom's phone taken care of and we will be golden.

Reactions: WaitingForGuacamole

zach-coleman

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2022
Is iCloud backup busted for any of you guys? Ever since my previous phone got the “prepare for your new iPhone” pop up iCloud backups have shot up from 2.5GB to tens of gigabytes. When I got that pop up my phone generated a 146GB backup and my 15P is now generating 26GB backups. I am using iCloud Photos and my app with the most backup data is like 300MB.

I tried to delete it and it immediately generated a 5.6GB backup and is now trying to push an even larger one, however I cannot see what the new size will be as of yet.

This issue had me stuck in the Apple Store for around 5 hours on launch day. 🙃
1695606096015.png

Reactions: a83859372

anjo10

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2020
Chicago, IL
I’m glad I picked Natural Titanium!
my least favorite color during Launch day, but I just learned to love it after seeing lots of photos and hands-on videos.

It was the right move. I’m so happy.
IMG_1777.jpeg

It gets hot so fast though and it also drains quickly. 🥺

How is everyone with your iPhones after 3 days?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.