Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

Apple_Tiger

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2023
Apple does not seem to want my money.

I want to pick up (iPhone 15 Pro) in store rather than risk delivery problems. But the (Apple Store) app wont accept the order due to unavailability. I am happy to wait. Is this usual ? Advice welcome.
For in store pick up, the phone you want physically needs to be in stock and must show available for pick up in order to place the order. If the store is out if stock and unavailable then it’s usually grayed out.

Reactions: x86dude and SpecB

Clingpeach

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2014
Just back for an update. As I was travelling. Everything worked SEAMLESSLY from the iPhone 14 pro max. Loved putting in an ethernet cord into the iPhone 15 my iCloud backup was insanely fast. All 300gb. Man I love technology

• Love
Reactions: 5105973 and SpecB

ZebraDude

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2014
Naperville, IL
For in store pick up, the phone you want physically needs to be in stock and must show available for pick up in order to place the order. If the store is out if stock and unavailable then it’s usually grayed out.
In the past Apple would not list a device as in stock till it was over 5 units so it used to be a good idea to stop in and ask. just my .02 cents.

jamie j.

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2014
The provided USB C cable in the box with the phone is only USB C 2.0 which maxes at 480mb/ second. There are a wide variety of versions of USB C Cables out there. You would want at least a version 3.2 cable to max out the phones capabilities. What also comes into play is the USB port type on the computer. Here is a comparison.
i was not aware of this. this is good to know. heading to amazon right now. thanks!

tekchic

macrumors 68020
Apr 19, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Mine originally said delivery October 4-9th. In fact the apple store app still says that.

But the tracking has it out for delivery today. So early delivery is a pleasant surprise....!!!!!
That's great! What's its status in the Apple Store app? In progress? Preparing for Shipment? Shipped?

wateroperator1776

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2020
Ohio
Mine originally said delivery October 4-9th. In fact the apple store app still says that.

But the tracking has it out for delivery today. So early delivery is a pleasant surprise....!!!!!
Mine still has Oct 6 estimated delivery. No shipping confirmation yet. Hopelessly expecting fedex to show up today 😂

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA

Mine still says Arrives Nov 13 - Nov 20. No shipment notification. I don't expect to see it until after Halloween at this rate!

Xoterin

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2017
via iPhone 8 Plus
IMG_3843.jpeg

It’s here! Originally 10/4-10/9. Mine looks more gray than anything else. Not sure how I feel about that.

Daino92

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2019
Montana
View attachment 2280541
It’s here! Originally 10/4-10/9. Mine looks more gray than anything else. Not sure how I feel about that.
I love my blue titanium 15 PM. The only reason I wish I had the natural is because how it'll wear over time. I keep my phone in a case and have a screen protector on from day one but the natural looks great. I just prefer dark colors. Enjoy the new phone! I think the 15PM is easily my favorite iphone simply because of the in hand feel.

cybermistt

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2023
I’m guessing I’m out of luck once again.. fedex is the worst company to ever exist. My package was delayed Friday and then scanned at 7 am this morning that it was delayed once again. An hour later it says out for delivery but I know it’s not.

Reactions: CarolG
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.