Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

Banglazed

macrumors 601
Apr 17, 2017
Cupertino, CA
Sorry if already posted but just a heads up for trade-ins, my local Apple Store told me they can't do it in store since I preordered and had a kit sent to me. Same with my dad at his store. I thought someone had said previously they could still do it in the store but apparently that's changed this year.

It started last year at my local store. I would have to cancel the trade in kit in order for them to process it in store. Maybe other local store aren't enforcing it or it may also depend on the rep? I no longer select the trade in at preorder and just drop in to trade in the weekend after.

Reactions: TruthWatcher412

FinsToTheLeft

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2023
Sorry if already posted but just a heads up for trade-ins, my local Apple Store told me they can't do it in store since I preordered and had a kit sent to me. Same with my dad at his store. I thought someone had said previously they could still do it in the store but apparently that's changed this year.
I literally just got back home from trading my phone in at my Apple Store. Sounds like it varies from store to store.

Reactions: CarolG

lwilliams

macrumors 6502
Nov 27, 2012
Athens, GA
Are any Oct 9-16 delivery dates being moved up at all? I want my phone, šŸ˜‚
Mine still says Oct 9 - 16 as of a few mins ago.

Best Buy says I can pick up the same model there on Friday of this week. And will give me $180 MORE for the trade.

If something does not move on my Apple order by tomorrow, I make cancel and make the switch to Best Buy.

cinger0439

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2010

Best Buy says I can pick up the same model there on Friday of this week. And will give me $180 MORE for the trade.

If something does not move on my Apple order by tomorrow, I make cancel and make the switch to Best Buy.
Hmmm, I was thinking the same. Went to Best Buy yesterday.

Reactions: rjjacobson

xgman

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2007
You have to insist at the store that you have done it before at stores and it is accepted or ask for a manager. They're just being lazy.

Reactions: cybermistt

bigjnyc

macrumors G3
Apr 10, 2008

$180 more for the trade! Why aren't you jumping on that? I would cancel my Apple order ASAP.

Reactions: HDJulie and CarolG

tekchic

macrumors 68020
Apr 19, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Still 9-16. Maybe I'll see some movement by Friday... I guess the White 512's seem a bit popular otherwise you'd think it would move up faster.

Reactions: svish

dewbert

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2021
IMG_0146.jpeg
Welp, UPS has come and gone today, and my 15 Pro that I requested a delivery date change for (9/22->9/25) wasnā€™t on the truck. Wasnā€™t even loaded this morning. UPS wonā€™t speak to me about it, and Apple wants to wait until Wednesday before theyā€™ll contact UPS. Not a great sign.

ATX_wapiti

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2021
Austin, TX
I hope you had an amazing iPhone Day!!! Hopefully it cools off for you soon or you'll need to take a swim in
@thatappleguytoday pool! ;)
We got up to 102 F on Sunday here in Austin, it was tooooo hot - and then to cap off the weekend we had a crazy storm roll through the area. It dropped baseball sized hail on some of the areas around where we live. Thankfully the hail core was to the east of our home, so we escaped any damage.

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
Well sadly my Blue 15 Pro Max is going to be returned. I knew when I ordered it that was a strong possibility. I am going to transfer my e sim back to my 12 Pro Max. I hope that will work out. The display of the 15 Pro Max was just too overwhelming for my messed up nervous system and gave me a really evil headache and eye fatigue and dizziness when I was trying to compose an email. It was definitely the display. I did some testing to make sure.

So now Iā€™ll try a 15 or 15 Plus in pink. Those arenā€™t going to be available until mid October. If I were willing to try another color I could pick one up at a few stores I could reasonably get to.

But if I canā€™t have my first choice then I will insist on pink for my second choice. If that doesnā€™t work out Iā€™ll stay on the 12 Pro Max.

I am going to miss the camera on my 15 Pro Max. I didnā€™t get to take many photos because the weather has been terrible and itā€™s so dark out. But the few I took were gorgeous.

i505

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2016
New Mexico, USA
Well sadly my Blue 15 Pro Max is going to be returned. I knew when I ordered it that was a strong possibility. I am going to transfer my e sim back to my 12 Pro Max. I hope that will work out. The display of the 15 Pro Max was just too overwhelming for my messed up nervous system and gave me a really evil headache and eye fatigue and dizziness when I was trying to compose an email. It was definitely the display. I did some testing to make sure.

So now Iā€™ll try a 15 or 15 Plus in pink. Those arenā€™t going to be available until mid October. If I were willing to try another color I could pick one up at a few stores I could reasonably get to.

But if I canā€™t have my first choice then I will insist on pink for my second choice. If that doesnā€™t work out Iā€™ll stay on the 12 Pro Max.

I am going to miss the camera on my 15 Pro Max. I didnā€™t get to take many photos because the weather has been terrible and itā€™s so dark out. But the few I took were gorgeous.
Have you tried limiting the frame rate to 60Hz? Settings > Accessibility > Motion > Limit Frame Rate

jetlagged

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2012
Iā€™m going to my local Apple Store in 1-2 hours just to look in person at the new iPhones. I checked the Apple Store app and thereā€™s no availability for in store pick up.

But maybe Iā€™ll snag one who knows, will let you guys know later if I get a 15PM

ChrissyBrown

macrumors newbie
What was your status on the Apple store? Shipped? Preparing for shipment? In progress? Was your card charged?
It said shipped on Apple Store with a tracking number but when I tried to track it with UPS, the status said "Details not Available." It just showed up about 15 minutes ago. I didn't even know it had left China. And, yes, my Apple card was charged.

Alexrat1996

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2015
Lehigh valley PA
How long does it take Apple to close my loan on the phone i returned earlier at 11:10 am it still shows active ?

Itā€™s the 15 pro max I donā€™t want since Iā€™m reordering more storage.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.