Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

dizmonk

macrumors 65816
Nov 26, 2010
I went back to the local Apple store hoping they would have some Pro models in stock. To no surprise, they did not. After constantly refreshing the website and lucking out, finally secured a Pro Max for pickup tomorrow. I didn't want the 512gb but it was better than waiting a month for a 256gb. When I first saw the specs I was lukewarm on trading in my 13 Pro. Once I got to the store and tested them all out, I was very impressed. Very excited.

Reactions: SpecB and bevsb2

ChoiMinji

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2021
That's great to hear! Here in the US, I've heard DHL is pretty mediocre/bad.
Most of the shipping companies here show the delivery handlers phone number in the tracking information and some also provide gps tracking from origin to destination.

Apple_Tiger

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2023
Itā€™s the 15 pro max I donā€™t want since Iā€™m reordering more storage.

For me it's typical within 24 hours that they close out the loan. However I think it's taking longer than usual. I still haven't gotten the trade in complete and closed email for my iup trade in despite that the order status does state that it's completed.

tekchic

macrumors 68020
Apr 19, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
For me it's typical within 24 hours that they close out the loan. However I think it's taking longer than usual. I still haven't gotten the trade in complete and closed email for my iup trade in despite that the order status does state that it's completed.
Ugh - yeah this is why I haven't just cancelled my preorder and gone for an in-stock score... worried it'll prevent me from sneaking another order through for store pickup. Patience... uuuuuuugh o_O

AeroSatan

macrumors member
Nov 12, 2011
NYC
I pre-ordered the 15PM Blue Titanium 512Gb on 9/20 for delivery on 9/22 from T-Mobile. 9/22 came and no iPhone was delivered. The UPS website kept saying the phone would be delivered by 7pm and that it out for delivery. Around 10pm I got a new delivery date of 9/25 by 7pm. Now it's 9/25 and I called T-Mobile telling them I'm getting different status updates from T-Mobile and UPS. So T-Mobile contacted UPS and now I got an email from UPS customer service saying that the package is lost and that I should file a claim with T-Mobile. T-Mobile now says I should wait up to 72 hours since UPS will attempt to deliver up to 3 times. As this ever happened to anyone before? This is/was disappointing.
Iā€™d be surprised if everyone didnā€™t have this happen to them at least once. Everyone has at least one horror UPS/FedEx/USPS story for sure.

Last edited:

ogremoustro

macrumors 6502a
Aug 17, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Is it true to check 6:30 am for stock my store told me 8 am est?

Anyone on IUP did you guys get one recent for store pickup after launch ?
Someone already told you it doesn't really matter when you check. I was checking all day and some in the SKU I wanted popped up at around 2pm. Use this site to keep checking every now and then: https://iphonechecker.herokuapp.com/

Reactions: tekchic

JBinPDX

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2021
Everyone has at least one horror UPS/FedEx/USPS story for sure.
I have one that's new to me... and not really a horror story. I received the trade-in box for my watch today. Someone apparently thought it had something "interesting" in it rather than just being an empty box. So they opened it up. And then used the little included piece of tape to tape it back up again. I was laughing as I called Apple Support, because I'd have loved to have seen the face of the would-be thief when it was empty. I wonder if they thought someone else beat them to it. The box isn't damaged at all, so support said to go ahead and use it with my own tape.

I have other horror stories for UPS, FedEx, and USPS, but they're not Apple related. Hopefully this makes a few other fellow-sufferers smile.

Reactions: dave006

AeroSatan

macrumors member
Nov 12, 2011
NYC
I have one that's new to me... and not really a horror story. I received the trade-in box for my watch today. Someone apparently thought it had something "interesting" in it rather than just being an empty box. So they opened it up. And then used the little included piece of tape to tape it back up again. I was laughing as I called Apple Support, because I'd have loved to have seen the face of the would-be thief when it was just an empty box. The box isn't damaged at all, so support said to go ahead and use it with my own tape.

I have other horror stories for UPS, FedEx, and USPS, but they're not Apple related. Hopefully this makes a few other fellow-sufferers smile.
Yea these porch pirates will try to loot anything and everything. I think DHL is the only provider Iā€™ve never had an issue with and theyā€™re pretty much all international shipments. So kudos to them I guess

Reactions: JBinPDX

David Knowles

macrumors regular
Oct 20, 2020
My phone and watch were delivered on Friday and the driver just left them outside by the door to my building. Didnā€™t even ring the bell. I saw the truck pull in and waited for the bell. Then I saw the truck pull off.

I thought a signature was required

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
Iā€™m in Thailand, my phone was delivered by DHL, the delivery guy called me saying heā€™ll be here in a couple minutes and he took a photo of me with the package for verification. Later that day DHL called me to verify that I received the iPhone šŸ‘šŸŒø
DHL did this? What kind of bizzaro, topsy-turvy parallel universe do you live in?

Thats_Not_Marcus

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2023
Are any Oct 9-16 delivery dates being moved up at all? I want my phone, šŸ˜‚
Apple says my Pro Max in Titanium Blue is supposed to be delivered between Oct 17-24. I was debating on canceling and just trading my 14 Pro Max in to get the Pro free since Tmobile would have it to me by the end of the week/early next as per their website.

I came here in hopes people were getting updated that their phones were shipping earlier than estimated haha.

ogremoustro

macrumors 6502a
Aug 17, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
image.jpg

No thanks to UPS.

vabigpoppa

macrumors member
Apr 26, 2008
I had a Oct 9-16 delivery date for a PM Titanium Blue 256GB. I canceled my Apple order on Friday, ordered one on Best Buy right after and I already got a tracking number this afternoon. If you guys are in the Late Oct or Nov shipping dates I'd double check other places if you want it earlier.

Vengeful

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2011
Has anyone kept their old phone on iPhone upgrade program without sending it to Apple after upgrading?
I have, gave it to my gf. You just keep paying the monthly until itā€™s fully paid. You will end up with two monthly bills.

chips99

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2016
I pre-ordered the 15PM Blue Titanium 512Gb on 9/20 for delivery on 9/22 from T-Mobile. 9/22 came and no iPhone was delivered. The UPS website kept saying the phone would be delivered by 7pm and that it out for delivery. Around 10pm I got a new delivery date of 9/25 by 7pm. Now it's 9/25 and I called T-Mobile telling them I'm getting different status updates from T-Mobile and UPS. So T-Mobile contacted UPS and now I got an email from UPS customer service saying that the package is lost and that I should file a claim with T-Mobile. T-Mobile now says I should wait up to 72 hours since UPS will attempt to deliver up to 3 times. As this ever happened to anyone before? This is/was disappointing.
I unfortunately had a friend last year who was in a similar situation. He ordered directly from Apple and they lost his phone in Louisville. He contacted Apple and they apologized and "expedited" a replacement, but that effectively put him to the end of the line and I don't think he actually got his new phone until mid October or early November. Sorry you're going through this. :-(

CopyChief

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2007
Anyone else still waiting for their trade-in kit to ship? I have labels in my FedEx app but the packages havenā€™t moved since Friday.

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
@GrumpyMom that's a bummer to hear. Do you think it's the PWM / refresh rate on the 15 Pro Max? I know some people are very sensitive to the PWM.
Iā€™m not really sure what the exact problem is. I did try limiting the refresh rate by turning ProMotion off but that didnā€™t help.

My daughter kindly let me try her iPhone 15 this evening and I didnā€™t feel any fatigue or pain during the time I spent reading a few forum posts on it. That was enough encouragement for me to go ahead and place an order for a Pink 512 GB 15. Delivers October 10-17. So Iā€™ll give that a try. It was my second favorite model so Iā€™ve still got my enthusiasm going. But Iā€™m prepared to accept that it may also not work out for me.

If it doesnā€™t work out I will still have my Android phones and my 12 Pro Max.

I did take such a gorgeous portrait photo of my husband on the 15 Pro Max so I will miss that camera. But Iā€™m hoping to get some nice photos on the 15 as well. If it works out for me.

My other final option would be to try the 15 Plus. Itā€™s got a slightly different flicker profile from the iPhone 15.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.