Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

dagored

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2007
Florida
Mine started moving today and it says it will be delivered tomorrow. It should start moving soon for you. :)

The kit will ship to you via UPS but use FedEx to ship back to Apple.
Mine arrived Sunday from FedEx and are now on their way back with FedEx.

TurboCoder2022

macrumors regular
Nov 25, 2022
I don’t think you’re screwed but there are a few articles out there saying both phones need to have the most recent update before transferring. The iCloud didn’t work for me so I’m giving you another option.

Like I said factory reset the new phone. Update the old one then proceed with the setup like it’s a new phone and do transfer to transfer. Make sure you do t delete the eSIM when factory resetting the new phone.
Thank you again for this one, Doc.

I'm working through the process and transferring over my mom's phone. Now that's more like it - it's taking 36 minutes.

16 minutes left to go.

I'll update once this is done.

Reactions: 5105973

JWorld127

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2013
My phone and watch were delivered on Friday and the driver just left them outside by the door to my building. Didn’t even ring the bell. I saw the truck pull in and waited for the bell. Then I saw the truck pull off.

I thought a signature was required
yes unfortunately you thought wrong.

rjruiz2

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2014
Surprised when UPS delivered my iPhone 15, he said no signature was required and was prepared to leave it at the front door. 😯🙀

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
Mine started moving today and it says it will be delivered tomorrow. It should start moving soon for you. :)

The kit will ship to you via UPS but use FedEx to ship back to Apple.
Yep mine arrives tomorrow from UPS as well. Never had problems I track it, have receipt and images dated of my old phone still working before I box it. But there never have been issues to deal with so the process is pretty smooth

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
I’m not really sure what the exact problem is. I did try limiting the refresh rate by turning ProMotion off but that didn’t help.

My daughter kindly let me try her iPhone 15 this evening and I didn’t feel any fatigue or pain during the time I spent reading a few forum posts on it. That was enough encouragement for me to go ahead and place an order for a Pink 512 GB 15. Delivers October 10-17. So I’ll give that a try. It was my second favorite model so I’ve still got my enthusiasm going. But I’m prepared to accept that it may also not work out for me.

If it doesn’t work out I will still have my Android phones and my 12 Pro Max.

I did take such a gorgeous portrait photo of my husband on the 15 Pro Max so I will miss that camera. But I’m hoping to get some nice photos on the 15 as well. If it works out for me.

My other final option would be to try the 15 Plus. It’s got a slightly different flicker profile from the iPhone 15.
Never knew @GrumpyMom that the various iphones had different flicker profiles that can do that.

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
I have an incoming package (and outgoing) in my FedEx dashboard, but the package has not moved from Indiana yet. Hmm.
Mine is coming from UPS (see below leaving Pa today). But I already have a FedEx label made for the return that showed before the UPS number actually LOL

IMG_8242.jpeg

Alexrat1996

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2015
Lehigh valley PA
It’s gonna bogus people who on the iPhone upgrade program and want to do a store pick up it’s very impossible to get what Order what they should do is like they do a Ticketmaster is put a time limit how long the phone gets reserved and hold before it gets released in the next person

SpecB

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2021
Jamaica
I think it is just overloaded due to high demand from folks trying to find an iPhone today vs waiting until mid to late October or even November for iPhone 15 Max configurations.

Dave
I also surmise that's why the in-store pickup option on the Apple website late yesterday afternoon, was disabled / greyed-out.

1695736158436.png

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
Never knew @GrumpyMom that the various iphones had different flicker profiles that can do that.
I'm not sure I'm using correct terminology but yeah, each of the models is just different enough it's possible to try all of them to find one I might be able to live with. I tried every 12 out there from 12, 12 mini, 12 Pro to 12 Pro Max. 12 Pro Max was easiest. I adjusted to 12 mini for a few months but got sensitive again.

Star-fire

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2007
I had a Oct 9-16 delivery date for a PM Titanium Blue 256GB. I canceled my Apple order on Friday, ordered one on Best Buy right after and I already got a tracking number this afternoon. If you guys are in the Late Oct or Nov shipping dates I'd double check other places if you want it earlier.
I would but they seem to force you to pick a carrier, I buy my phone fully unlocked with no carrier.

Reactions: AeroSatan

Expos of 1969

Suspended
Aug 25, 2013
DHL did this? What kind of bizzaro, topsy-turvy parallel universe do you live in?
One that actually puts the customer first. I cannot believe the crap that people in the US put up with regarding home deliveries. Go to the store or a secure lock box rather than have some "unhappy with his lot in life" loser dropkick your package to the porch or roof or driveway and not get a signature so anyone can abscond with the package.

Alexrat1996

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2015
Lehigh valley PA
It’s gonna bogus people who on the iPhone upgrade program and want to do a store pick up it’s very impossible to get what Order what they should do is like they do a Ticketmaster is put a time limit how long the phone gets reserved and hold before it gets released in the next person

I can’t even get an order in store not sure what to do ?

Expos of 1969

Suspended
Aug 25, 2013

I can’t even get an order in store not sure what to do ?
That Upgrade Program is the beginning of the problem. It is a leech.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.