Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

lsara

macrumors regular
Apr 14, 2015
Drat, nothing for pickup near me yet. My guess is South Florida is a high demand area.
I know that most people recommend checking in the morning but usually stores get their deliveries either mid morning or afternoon in my experience.

When people talk about 6am it's worth noting that most employees don't get to the stores til 7am or after and there would still be work to be done to get everything into inventory. The mid day stuff will just happen as the employees work through everything.

Alexrat1996

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2015
Lehigh valley PA
I know that most people recommend checking in the morning but usually stores get their deliveries either mid morning or afternoon in my experience.

When people talk about 6am it's worth noting that most employees don't get to the stores til 7am or after and there would still be work to be done to get everything into inventory. The mid day stuff will just happen as the employees work through everything.
Exactly whoever said 6:30 is wrong I would check closer to store opening around 8-10 am

Reactions: rjjacobson

anjo10

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2020
Chicago, IL
Finally returned FW case and exchanged it with a Clay Silicone Case. I think it paired really well with Natural Titanium and it looks beautiful. The Clay Silicone case does not look the same as in the packaging and Apple store. It looks dark gray which I really like.
IMG_0353.jpeg

jetlagged

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2012
My hunt for an iPhone 15 PM is still going on. I plan to travel to Japan and Taiwan and hoping to replace my iPhone 11.

I’ve been checking daily for an inventory for pickup, and so far none.

I hope I get one before I fly out mid October

If not, I’ll just settle with iPhone 15 Pro 6.1” or possibly iPhone 15 plus

Reactions: killawat

Appleseed18

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2018
Midwest
I would but they seem to force you to pick a carrier, I buy my phone fully unlocked with no

I had a Oct 9-16 delivery date for a PM Titanium Blue 256GB. I canceled my Apple order on Friday, ordered one on Best Buy right after and I already got a tracking number this afternoon. If you guys are in the Late Oct or Nov shipping dates I'd double check other places if you want it earlier.
I had the same date Oct.9th-16th just moved up to Oct.5th-9th. Hoping it comes on the 5th.

laffnvegas

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2014
Desert South West
That is weird I usually get box either from UPS or FedEx (Fedex more often) but this year coming from UPS.
The past two previous years the trade in box came from Fed Ex and the return was UPS an they arrived prior to getting the new phone. I think it all depends on the Return Service Center they assign your trade in to. I believe they have several across the US. On Thursday morning I had a label generated but it was coming from Northern California not the PA address. I contacted Apple yesterday, they ended up stated they would regenerate a return for me. I checked UPS a few hours later and that label that was previously created was not showing and a new one was showing and stated the box had arrived at facility. So as it stands my box will arrive tomorrow. We will see how quickly they process them. I remember last year mine went to the PA address and it processed quickly, the year before it went to Northern California and took about 3 weeks.

BadgerFan1

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2023
Finally returned FW case and exchanged it with a Clay Silicone Case. I think it paired really well with Natural Titanium and it looks beautiful. The Clay Silicone case does not look the same as in the packaging and Apple store. It looks dark gray which I really like.
View attachment 2281839
Exact same phone and case color that I chose. Looks great!

dave006

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2008
Just West of East
My wife’s trade in kit arrives today from FedEx. When I check the FedEx app, she has one inbound tracking number for the trade in kit coming in, and two outbound tracking numbers have been generated the trade in kit return label going out.
Interesting first thing to check is if the correct Apple Order number is on both return labels (W0009xxxxxxx)
Mine arrives tomorrow from UPS. There is also a tracking number for the label inside the box that will ship via FedEx and that shows alread with message label is created
Mine trade-in box came from FedEx and the label to me was a peel off label and the return label was already on the outside of the box directly under the original shipping label.
They are both FedEx for me. I talked to Apple chat and they did verify they received an empty trade in kit from me. They were not very helpful. Not sure what to do here I may contact FedEx later to see what they say the delay is exactly.
Maybe the original trade-in kit label failed or someone removed it since the return label is right under it. Just request another return-kit from Apple.

Dave

StudioMacs

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2022
Interesting first thing to check is if the correct Apple Order number is on both return labels (W0009xxxxxxx)
Thanks for the tip.

I checked, and the return label we received today has the order number, and it does show a “quote ID” that matches the number under the trade-in value shown on the Apple Store.

Reactions: alexcue and dave006

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
One that actually puts the customer first. I cannot believe the crap that people in the US put up with regarding home deliveries. Go to the store or a secure lock box rather than have some "unhappy with his lot in life" loser dropkick your package to the porch or roof or driveway and not get a signature so anyone can abscond with the package.
Years ago, my son worked for DHL. One day I ordered a pillow. I told him about the pillow and he said, "Well, at least we probably can't break that."

alexcue

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
The past two previous years the trade in box came from Fed Ex and the return was UPS an they arrived prior to getting the new phone. I think it all depends on the Return Service Center they assign your trade in to. I believe they have several across the US. On Thursday morning I had a label generated but it was coming from Northern California not the PA address. I contacted Apple yesterday, they ended up stated they would regenerate a return for me. I checked UPS a few hours later and that label that was previously created was not showing and a new one was showing and stated the box had arrived at facility. So as it stands my box will arrive tomorrow. We will see how quickly they process them. I remember last year mine went to the PA address and it processed quickly, the year before it went to Northern California and took about 3 weeks.
This could be very true... for last several years for me in SoCal UPS sends the box and the return label inside goes back thru FedEx.

I also picked up the U2 Watch, and traded in my old one, that one came by UPS and is going back FedEx. I'm getting the iPhone trade in box today the exact same way UPS delivers it, but the return will be FedEx. It's convenient for me since i have a FedEx Office right on my way home.

Toby Ziegler

macrumors regular
Mar 28, 2011
Gallifrey
So I have a problem.

I got an email from apple saying my trade in kit was empty. Problem is I have not received the trade in kit to even mail it. When I track the trade in kit it shows delayed. Apple gave me a tracking number used when mailed back and it says delivered. Chat doesn’t know anything.
I had a similar problem last year. My trade-in kit never arrived and Apple took their sweet time sending me a new one to close out my upgrade program loan. The original one showed up empty and only after repeatedly pointing out that I never got a delivery scan for the kit did they send a new one.

New one arrives and the UPS label is hanging on by a thread and the FedEx label is clearly visible. Seems that the tear off labels they use are not up to the task of the first round of shipping.

Reactions: dave006

Samantha124

Cancelled
Dec 21, 2015
I had a similar problem last year. My trade-in kit never arrived and Apple took their sweet time sending me a new one to close out my upgrade program loan. The original one showed up empty and only after repeatedly pointing out that I never got a delivery scan for the kit did they send a new one.

New one arrives and the UPS label is hanging on by a thread and the FedEx label is clearly visible. Seems that the tear off labels they use are not up to the task of the first round of shipping.
Oh great just my luck something like this would happen. I wonder if they’d accept the phone in store.

Popularstranger

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2016
I love that pic - it looks like kitty took a selfie 😆

Still (sadly) holding strong at 10/9-10/16. Hoping *something* happens by next Friday at least, I'm getting impatient.

Not yet. Still showing that for me.

I had the same date Oct.9th-16th just moved up to Oct.5th-9th. Hoping it comes on the 5th.

Same here! Black 15PM 256. Hopefully we’ll see more movement.

I moved up from 9-16 to 5-9 now. Finally some kind of something.
Glad to see y’all orders get moved up. I checked mine and still stuck on 10/9-10/16. I’m hoping I get bumped up as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.