Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

tekchic

macrumors 68020
Apr 19, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
I was a :35-er as well. My husband was up around 41-ish I think (we had to share one slow wifi connection on the plane so he let me order first). His 256 blue PM also moved to 5-9 from 10-16 today.

Reactions: Popularstranger

tekchic

macrumors 68020
Apr 19, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Exciting news for those who's dates have moved! Sadly my Oct 17-24 still remains. Hopefully that changes at some point.
If the 2-9, 4-9, 9-16's are beginning to move, hopefully yours will since 17-24 is kind of the next "bucket". As I type this it looks like my husband's phone just got charged, and possibly mine as well... fingers crossed for you! :)

POWERPLANTHOMER

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2021
Years ago, my son worked for DHL. One day I ordered a pillow. I told him about the pillow and he said, "Well, at least we probably can't break that."
I worked at RPS in Phoenix in ‘99. I unloaded the city trucks for processing at night. I remember one truck in particular, it was full of Dell computers. Sometimes the boxes would go down the ramp onto the belt, and over to the floor. Just pick them up and keep going. At least my job was all about the quickness. Shipping was an interesting job.

DaRaider65

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2015
Lubbock, TX
That is weird I usually get box either from UPS or FedEx (Fedex more often) but this year coming from UPS.
Just goes to show you never know my trade-in box came today and I’ve already sent the ol 14 Pro Max in back through UPS, and yesterday I sent back the extra iPhone 15 Pro Max that I didn’t intend to order but on that one had me print a label through FedEx for return

Reactions: rjjacobson

Aurizen

macrumors regular
Dec 5, 2012
Anyone have a 512 Pro Max being pushed up sooner? Mine is still saying 9-16th. I ordered at 8:53 EST

Aurizen

macrumors regular
Dec 5, 2012
Mine. White 512 PM. :35 order time. Just moved this morning to 5-9, this afternoon I got charged, and about 45 minutes later it went to preparing for shipment.
I'm really hoping mine gets moved up today. Maybe tomorrow. I just need it before October 9th

Sikh

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2011
sorry for keeping y'all hanging. it was another very long day for us yesterday and i didn't have the mental capacity to be online anymore. we went to another T-Mobile store and we asked if we could get a PHYSICAL SIM card onto the 11 and then transfer to an eSIM over on the 15.

guess what? that did it.

i'm both relieved and also still so frustrated that this took over 20 hours working with T-Mobile (customer care on the phone, T-Force, and going to two separate stores) and the fact that they kept saying it was the phone that was faulty. I get it - when you can't figure something out, it's easier to just blame something/someone else.

this also goes to show eSIM technology is still not 100% yet in the USA and getting rid of the physical SIM port was a poor decision. i'm sure it could go either way - Apple pushing the technology and forcing our hand at it or cell phone providers not up to snuff with their technology for it.

thank goodness we the 11 had a physical SIM slot...i truly don't even want to think about going eSIM to eSIM in the future b/c that's what started this mess in the first place. maybe we won't upgrade for a while o_O

i want to thank everyone that helped, offered support/suggestions, and mainly commiserated with me. it was nice not feeling alone and having a community that cared. thank you again and i hope everyone is enjoying their new iPhones and for those who haven't gotten it yet, i hope delivery goes smoothly!

This is not a eSim thing, this is a carrier thing. The requirements for a carrier to accept a new tech are very stingent and even a company like Apple can't just introduce new tech without getting it approved through the carriers. From what I remember, this process takes 1-2 years because the carriers test every single thing and make sure they are ready to go when the tech launches. This is more so T-Sprint probably having issues because they are merging two carrier techs (CDMA and GSM) while also having to support eSim across both.

I have gone from Sim to esim to esim to esim and have a friend who moved to eSim, didnt upgrade since the 12 and just went eSim to eSim with the 15. I am on ATT and he's on Verizon and as muhc as I expected Verizon to fail, they actually handled the move like champs both times.

I would blame T-Sprint and not eSim and not let it stop you from an upgrade. If this happens next time you upgrade, I would suggest switching carriers because if they cant figure it out within the next year, they will never figure it out.

• Haha
Reactions: jchiou

Toby Ziegler

macrumors regular
Mar 28, 2011
Gallifrey
Oh great just my luck something like this would happen. I wonder if they’d accept the phone in store.
They won’t. I tried that while I was going back and forth with Apple support every day for more than a week. Much to their credit, my local Apple Store tried everything they could think of to take the phone back in store, but the system simply wouldn’t allow it since it was processed as an online order.

I ultimately managed to get support to send out a replacement return kit after more than a week of daily back and forth. Not sure why they gave me such a hard time, but it worked out in the end.

Reactions: StudioMacs

serrenity20

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2014
Georgia
Just looked for stock and

Attachments

• IMG_0180.jpeg
    IMG_0180.jpeg
    138.1 KB · Views: 85

serrenity20

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2014
Georgia
This is not a eSim thing, this is a carrier thing. The requirements for a carrier to accept a new tech are very stingent and even a company like Apple can't just introduce new tech without getting it approved through the carriers. From what I remember, this process takes 1-2 years because the carriers test every single thing and make sure they are ready to go when the tech launches. This is more so T-Sprint probably having issues because they are merging two carrier techs (CDMA and GSM) while also having to support eSim across both.

I have gone from Sim to esim to esim to esim and have a friend who moved to eSim, didnt upgrade since the 12 and just went eSim to eSim with the 15. I am on ATT and he's on Verizon and as muhc as I expected Verizon to fail, they actually handled the move like champs both times.

I would blame T-Sprint and not eSim and not let it stop you from an upgrade. If this happens next time you upgrade, I would suggest switching carriers because if they cant figure it out within the next year, they will never figure it out.
You are definitely right it is a carrier issue and apple would not have been able to help with issues regarding eSIM at all. I am on T-Mobile and never had an issue with switching to eSIM I had a physical sim on my 13PM and when I knew I was switching to 14PM I had T-Mobile switch the 13 to eSIM before hand. It was seamless when I switched to 14PM and seamless when I did eSIM to eSIM for 15PM.

cybermistt

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2023
Just got my phone today.. FINALLY. was supposed to be delivered on launch day, 9/22 but the fedex drivers could not find my house.. so after trying multiple times I guess they figured it out. even though fedex ground arrives here all the time no issues, but fedex express always has major issues.. A random dodge ram pickup truck with a small magnetic sign on the side that said fedex express showed up and gave me my phone. :) The blue titanium is so amazing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.