Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

Alexrat1996

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2015
Lehigh valley PA
That Upgrade Program is the beginning of the problem. It is a leech.

Exactly what they should do like getting ticket counter hold your phone for like 5 to 10 minutes in the shopping cart before I get the next person to give enough time to get the phone.

I’ve been searching all day yesterday for the phone I had in my shopping cart but when asked for the iPhone Up programmed details phones sold out

zonai

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2022
My 15 Pro Max is displaying a reddish tint on the right side during specific circumstances. Namely, when I use it at night with Night Shift on. I spent 2 hours in the Apple Store where they tried to gaslight me into believing the red tint didn’t exist or was a software issue, after 2 employees confirmed they could see it. I could return or exchange the phone but they have no stock anywhere and said that because I got it on EIP, the exchange process could be complicated.

Alexrat1996

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2015
Lehigh valley PA
My 15 Pro Max is displaying a reddish tint on the right side during specific circumstances. Namely, when I use it at night with Night Shift on. I spent 2 hours in the Apple Store where they tried to gaslight me into believing the red tint didn’t exist or was a software issue, after 2 employees confirmed they could see it. I could return or exchange the phone but they have no stock anywhere and said that because I got it on EIP, the exchange process could be complicated.
I had an issue with mine. Also I just returned it and I don’t have a phone now I’m waiting to re-order it since I’m on the iPhone upgrade program.

Apple_Tiger

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2023
Exactly what they should do like getting ticket counter hold your phone for like 5 to 10 minutes in the shopping cart before I get the next person to give enough time to get the phone.

I’ve been searching all day yesterday for the phone I had in my shopping cart but when asked for the iPhone Up programmed details phones sold out
Thats how best buy does it. You put it in the bag and at checkout you have 15 minutes. That then subtracts one from their stock. I agree that apple clearly should do this

ColoArtist

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2012
Denver, CO
My order for a natural titanium 15Pro had a ship date of 10/4-9. Last night my credit card was charged and the status went to preparing to ship. Cool. I was hoping I might get it this week.

Nope. This morning the status went to shipped...yeah...but the arrival date showed 10/3. Not bad...still early. But now the arrival date is back to 10/4-9 and UPS shows the package is delayed and without a delivery date.

Thought I'd post it in case others are in the same bundle.

Delay.jpeg

ChoiMinji

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2021
One that actually puts the customer first. I cannot believe the crap that people in the US put up with regarding home deliveries. Go to the store or a secure lock box rather than have some "unhappy with his lot in life" loser dropkick your package to the porch or roof or driveway and not get a signature so anyone can abscond with the package.
A typical tracking including courier ph# info in many countries in Asia…
IMG_0279.jpeg

Samantha124

Cancelled
Dec 21, 2015
So I have a problem.

I got an email from apple saying my trade in kit was empty. Problem is I have not received the trade in kit to even mail it. When I track the trade in kit it shows delayed. Apple gave me a tracking number used when mailed back and it says delivered. Chat doesn’t know anything.

Last edited:

StudioMacs

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2022
So I have a problem.

I got an email from apple saying my trade in kit was empty. Problem is I have not received the trade in kit to even mail it. When I track the trade in kit it shows delayed. Apple gave me a tracking number and it says delivered. Chat doesn’t know anything.
My wife’s trade in kit arrives today from FedEx. When I check the FedEx app, she has one inbound tracking number for the trade in kit coming in, and two outbound tracking numbers have been generated the trade in kit return label going out.

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
My wife’s trade in kit arrives today from FedEx. When I check the FedEx app, she has one inbound tracking number for the trade in kit coming in, and two outbound tracking numbers have been generated the trade in kit return label going out.
Mine arrives tomorrow from UPS. There is also a tracking number for the label inside the box that will ship via FedEx and that shows alread with message label is created

Samantha124

Cancelled
Dec 21, 2015
After looking in the app I do see one outbound label saying delivered like Apple chat said. Wow so weird not sure what is going on.

Attachments

• IMG_0136.jpeg
    IMG_0136.jpeg
    213.9 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0139.jpeg
    IMG_0139.jpeg
    150.3 KB · Views: 36
Reactions: rjjacobson

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
After looking in the app I do see one outbound label saying delivered like Apple chat said. Wow so weird not sure what is going on.
Looks like your box is comming from UPS and the other FedEx is the label on the included shipping box like mine. I wonder about the message that they got box and empty was that spammer?

Reactions: Samantha124

StudioMacs

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2022
Looking closer at the two outbound tracking numbers (for duplicate trade ins), the weights are different in the shipping details. One is 1.0 pounds and the other is 0.7 pounds.

There are definitely some crossed wires on this.

Samantha124

Cancelled
Dec 21, 2015
Looks like your box is comming from UPS and the other FedEx is the label on the included shipping box like mine. I wonder about the message that they got box and empty was that spammer?
They are both FedEx for me. I talked to Apple chat and they did verify they received an empty trade in kit from me. They were not very helpful. Not sure what to do here I may contact FedEx later to see what they say the delay is exactly.

• Wow
Reactions: rjjacobson

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
They are both FedEx for me. I talked to Apple chat and they did verify they received an empty trade in kit from me. They were not very helpful. Not sure what to do here I may contact FedEx later to see what they say the delay is exactly.
That is weird I usually get box either from UPS or FedEx (Fedex more often) but this year coming from UPS.

Samantha124

Cancelled
Dec 21, 2015
Looking closer at the two outbound tracking numbers (for duplicate trade ins), the weights are different in the shipping details. One is 1.0 pounds and the other is 0.7 pounds.

There are definitely some crossed wires on this.
Hmm so that is weird you got two labels outbound as well. I wonder if any others had issues with the trade in kits.

StudioMacs

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2022
Hmm so that is weird you got two labels outbound as well. I wonder if any others had issues with the trade in kits.
I had in-store pickup for my phone on Friday. It was the first time I didn’t get delivery, and the in person trade in was less stressful than sending it off and hoping everything goes smoothly. In retrospect, I wish we had done that for my wife’s iPhone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.