Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thebutlerdunnit

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2014
Shipping dates are slipping now for a lot of the iPhone 11 models. Black, White and Red are the least popular and still available for launch day.

nateatlarge

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 20, 2015
Washington State
So I slept through my alarm at 5am lol but I got up a little after 6 and was able to place my preorder. Quick and painless! $0 down :)

iPhone 11 64gb Purple through JOD
Express shipping 9/20

Question though...do I have to turn off Find My iPhone now, or do I do that in the store when I give them my XR?

Wait till you get your phone to turn off find my iPhone
[doublepost=1568405166][/doublepost]What the hell?

Attachments

• 365ABC40-003A-4E4F-8D78-E8FF9202E0CD.jpeg
    365ABC40-003A-4E4F-8D78-E8FF9202E0CD.jpeg
    377.3 KB · Views: 193

alent1234

macrumors 603
Jun 19, 2009
Shipping dates are slipping now for a lot of the iPhone 11 models. Black, White and Red are the least popular and still available for launch day.

the online orders are coming from a separate batch than store inventory. last year there was plenty of phones in the stores at launch

DADDYDC650

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2015
I finally did and ordered in less than 10 minutes smh

Had to get the space gray because the midnight green had a 3 week wait

Sucks that they charge you extra for ordering over the phone though
They don’t charge extra....

Elwots

macrumors regular
Aug 8, 2016
that’s for the new SIM card. Tell them you want it activated on ESIM that’s free

It’s the same amount, but they’re actually different fees. The “SIM starter fee” or “activation fee” is $20 for new customers, but now they’re also charging $20 to upgrade a phone, even if you’re using your old SIM card. The fee isn’t charged if you upgrade online or through the app.

thebutlerdunnit

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2014
the online orders are coming from a separate batch than store inventory. last year there was plenty of phones in the stores at launch

Yes but I’m definitely not going to a store. Nor are most people here.
[doublepost=1568416215][/doublepost]
It’s the same amount, but they’re actually different fees. The “SIM starter fee” or “activation fee” is $20 for new customers, but now they’re also charging $20 to upgrade a phone, even if you’re using your old SIM card. The fee isn’t charged if you upgrade online or through the app.

Can confirm. If you call and aren’t JoD, there’s a fee. The fee is waived for JoD because JoD doesn’t work online.

DADDYDC650

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2015
That charge is for suckers. Been with them for 15 years. I know all their tricks.

nateatlarge

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 20, 2015
Washington State

Oh interesting the store rep said with eSIM they aren’t charging for

dkinley1

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2015
Order placed iPhone 11 pro max midnight green $181.00 down with $150 adjustment because I was told $0 by a REP. hoping for launch day delivery
my shipping date says 9/25-9/30 but im hoping it will arrive launch date as I assume they will have plenty in stock but ill have to wait for the credit card charge to hit next week!

nateatlarge

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 20, 2015
Washington State
my shipping date says 9/25-9/30 but im hoping it will arrive launch date as I assume they will have plenty in stock but ill have to wait for the credit card charge to hit next week!

What does your tmo app say for shipment date?

Attachments

• A9B8F9A7-663D-479C-8506-0EBDA50B78DF.jpeg
    A9B8F9A7-663D-479C-8506-0EBDA50B78DF.jpeg
    185.7 KB · Views: 169

macbookguy

Cancelled
Dec 28, 2006
Ok sorry to be a pain here but I’m confused about how T-Mobile shipping works from reading all 13 pages. Sounds like last year they changed how it was handled and it threw people off. I got free second day air with ships by 9/20 on my iPhone 11. Does this mean I’ll have it Friday the 20 or by Monday the 23?

waguy

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2014
Seattle
Your phone will ship on launch day and arrive up to 2 business days later. Overnight delivery arrives on launch day.

Ok sorry to be a pain here but I’m confused about how T-Mobile shipping works from reading all 13 pages. Sounds like last year they changed how it was handled and it threw people off. I got free second day air with ships by 9/20 on my iPhone 11. Does this mean I’ll have it Friday the 20 or by Monday the 23?

vidjahgamz

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania

It can be different for everybody, really. However last year our XR’s said they would ship on launch day with 2-day shipping and they arrived same day.

Your phone will ship on launch day and arrive up to 2 business days later. Overnight delivery arrives on launch day.

That’s not necessarily true. If previous years have told us anything it is that everybody’s shipping and delivery situation is different. For some people they had 2-day shipping and it arrived on launch day; for others they had 2-day shipping and it arrived days later. It’s impossible to know for sure for everybody.

Reactions: macbookguy

nateatlarge

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 20, 2015
Washington State

you will get it Friday the 20th. On the 15th you should get a precharge for your device “if you owe something” Then you will see UPS notifications by the 17th

md1801

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2014
St. Louis, MO
That’s not necessarily true. If previous years have told us anything it is that everybody’s shipping and delivery situation is different. For some people they had 2-day shipping and it arrived on launch day; for others they had 2-day shipping and it arrived days later. It’s impossible to know for sure for everybody.

This is accurate. One of the variables that’s not being mentioned is that T-Mobile doesn’t yet know how many of which particular model of phone it will be receiving in the planes that will be inbound from China in the next few days. We’ll start seeing tracking information populate soon, but T-Mobile will also be filling orders on the fly once they know what belongs to them on each shipment that makes its way from China on the UPS planes. Shipping dates are subject to movement, sometimes for the positive if T-mobile receives a larger allotment of a certain model, and also possibly for the worse if they receive fewer of an in-demand model than they’re forecasting today while we’re all ordering. With the data gathered in this thread and others, we’ll be able to see a picture of which models are popular, which orders are being filled first (an indication of which phones are being delivered in bulk from China), and which models might see difficulty in arriving. If past experience is an indicator, T-Mobile is conservative with estimates meaning even some folks seeing later ship dates MAY see their phones arrive on launch day depending on what’s on each plane arriving. Bottom line? If you don’t get tracking information or some additional details other than your order confirmation, don’t worry about it until Tuesday night at the earliest. There are lots (literally millions) of moving parts in play and it’s all going to work out.

The good news? We’ll all get our phones in a remarkably quick fashion when one considers the logistics and distance traveled, and we should be glad to get them when they arrive. Cheers!

Resist

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2008
I’m excited to finally see the colors they’re going to release.

Who cares about the colors, when everyone puts a case on their phone. I know of know one that doesn't use one. I'd rather that Apple focus on lowering their prices across the board, than mess with colors.

Last edited:

Phil Holland

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2011
Dallas
Who cares about the colors, when everyone puts a case on their phone. I know of known that doesn't use one. I'd rather that Apple focus on lowering their prices across the board, than mess with colors.
People care about colors. Do you think if they were all the same color it would change the price?

Last edited:
Reactions: haileyscomet

vidjahgamz

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
This is accurate. One of the variables that’s not being mentioned is that T-Mobile doesn’t yet know how many of which particular model of phone it will be receiving in the planes that will be inbound from China in the next few days. We’ll start seeing tracking information populate soon, but T-Mobile will also be filling orders on the fly once they know what belongs to them on each shipment that makes its way from China on the UPS planes. Shipping dates are subject to movement, sometimes for the positive if T-mobile receives a larger allotment of a certain model, and also possibly for the worse if they receive fewer of an in-demand model than they’re forecasting today while we’re all ordering. With the data gathered in this thread and others, we’ll be able to see a picture of which models are popular, which orders are being filled first (an indication of which phones are being delivered in bulk from China), and which models might see difficulty in arriving. If past experience is an indicator, T-Mobile is conservative with estimates meaning even some folks seeing later ship dates MAY see their phones arrive on launch day depending on what’s on each plane arriving. Bottom line? If you don’t get tracking information or some additional details other than your order confirmation, don’t worry about it until Tuesday night at the earliest. There are lots (literally millions) of moving parts in play and it’s all going to work out.

The good news? We’ll all get our phones in a remarkably quick fashion when one considers the logistics and distance traveled, and we should be glad to get them when they arrive. Cheers!

Couldn’t have said it better myself. So true. I’m sure Tuesday will start to show A LOT of movement.

Reactions: nateatlarge

waguy

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2014
Seattle
Perhaps. Some people could receive faster service if they are close to Louisville, KY where the phones ship from. People will know their shipping speed for sure once they have been charged and a shipping label is created. UPS my choice will show the service level.

No one is guaranteed overnight unless they pay for it. The days leading up to Friday will be very busy for UPS.

If previous years have told us anything it is that everybody’s shipping and delivery situation is different. For some people they had 2-day shipping and it arrived on launch day; for others they had 2-day shipping and it arrived days later. It’s impossible to know for sure for everybody.

4sallypat

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
I wish when it comes into the US thru Alaska, that west coast folks would get it the next day.
But no - it has to go all the way to the east coast hub and then fly it back to the west coast.

haileyscomet

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2016
Who cares about the colors, when everyone puts a case on their phone. I know of known that doesn't use one. I'd rather that Apple focus on lowering their prices across the board, than mess with colors.
That’s your opinion. I’m entitled to mine.
[doublepost=1568444012][/doublepost]
People care about colors. Do you think if they were all the same color it would change the price?
Thank you :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.