Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nateatlarge

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 20, 2015
Washington State
I see some iPhone 11's 128GB in white and purple being shipped but nothing in any other colors.

Did anyone else get shipment for any other colors for iPhone 11?

macfan406

macrumors 6502a
Dec 27, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
I see some iPhone 11's 128GB in white and purple being shipped but nothing in any other colors.

Did anyone else get shipment for any other colors for iPhone 11?
I only have MyChoice info for an iPhone 11 64GB Green. But now I'm wondering if that's my Apple Watch, since it's from AI and not T-Mobile... But my iPhone 11 was charged, and my Apple Watch was not.

Reactions: nateatlarge

nateatlarge

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 20, 2015
Washington State
oh man do we have planes in the air!!!

iphone!!!.jpg

thebutlerdunnit

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2014
An update from my house:

No movement on my order as far as I can tell. I have My Choice and nothing has shown up yet. I have no charges to await as I didn't even give them a credit card, because there was no up-front charge. I remember this being an issue for some people in the past; the order wouldn't continue even though it was a $0 due to lack of card info. I'm hoping that's not a problem for me this time around.

While reading through this thread I realized that I was lied to last yr and that Protection 360 is not required in my state for leases (apparently it is in some states according to T-Force). So I contacted them today and had them remove P360 from my account and ensured that it won't be added to my new devices this week. I'll get similar coverage from Apple if I feel like it. It'll be at least a $3 per line per month savings if I get the equivalent from Apple.

definitive

macrumors 68020
Aug 4, 2008
Ordered two 11's this morning in two different colors with trade-up. For some reason both orders had same IMEI's for the trade-in phones, so I had to get one cancelled, and reordered.

The first one said 9/20 for shipment, while second (less common color) 9/21-9/24. After I reordered the second one, it showed the same ship date as before. Hoping to get them by Friday-Sunday, but don't know if that's gonna be possible.

md1801

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2014
St. Louis, MO
So I totally forget. At which landing point will we be charged? I assume the stop in Anchorage, but maybe it was Louisville. My last launch was the 7 Plus disaster xD
Your charge isn't related to an particular landing point. It's related to T-Mobile being able to ascertain how many of a particular unit they have coming in on these planes. Keep in mind, the planes are not solely T-Mobile phones. As they become aware of inventory that has made it stateside, they go through and match that incoming inventory to orders in the order they were completed (i.e. EIP/JOD documents completed, full payment authorized). Next they authorize the payment information on file for those orders for which they appear to have inventory to verify good funds, which in turn will then generate a shipping label for those orders. At some point within a few minutes of those shipping labels being created/charges authorized, the package will show in UPS MyChoice, HOWEVER that does NOT mean the phone is on its way to you just yet. You will likely sit in a status of "Shipment Processed, Ready for UPS" until sometime in the wee small hours of the morning on Friday when those packages are rapidly tendered to UPS, loaded on planes, and flown to the destination hubs in short order.

EDIT: You'll also likely see shipping notices/MyChoice updates/credit card charges in blocks by model. While I don't know the full extent of Apple's logistics system, it seems unlikely that their units are sent in haphazard assortments. It is likely that the hundreds of thousands of phones on a particular plane are largely homogenous (i.e. all or almost all of one plane = 1 model/color combo). Keep that in mind if you see people getting charged/processed and you're still on the waiting block. There is TONS of time, and as noted above there are TONS of planes coming each day which may contain your particular configuration.

macbookguy

Cancelled
Dec 28, 2006
You'll also likely see shipping notices/MyChoice updates/credit card charges in blocks by model. While I don't know the full extent of Apple's logistics system, it seems unlikely that their units are sent in haphazard assortments. It is likely that the hundreds of thousands of phones on a particular plane are largely homogenous (i.e. all or almost all of one plane = 1 model/color combo). Keep that in mind if you see people getting charged/processed and you're still on the waiting block. There is TONS of time, and as noted above there are TONS of planes coming each day which may contain your particular configuration.

Why do you have to be so logical? Why? :) (Thank you.)

Reactions: md1801

Jaedre

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2018
Providence RI
This makes sense. With that said, anyone with 11 Pro Max 256GB Midnight Green been charged? Conversely, can I corroborate anyone with 11's 64GB in Green?

I havent.
[doublepost=1568654805][/doublepost]my Spigen case came in yesterday. gotta love amazon lol

macfan406

macrumors 6502a
Dec 27, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
How can you tell which one is (if at all) the plan carrying your phone?
Usually the ones from coming from Shenzhen, as that's where Apple's assembly lines usually are. Then UPS planes would be allocated either in Anchorage or Louisville. I'm not sure which.

md1801 has a good explanation of everything
Your charge isn't related to an particular landing point. It's related to T-Mobile being able to ascertain how many of a particular unit they have coming in on these planes. Keep in mind, the planes are not solely T-Mobile phones. As they become aware of inventory that has made it stateside, they go through and match that incoming inventory to orders in the order they were completed (i.e. EIP/JOD documents completed, full payment authorized). Next they authorize the payment information on file for those orders for which they appear to have inventory to verify good funds, which in turn will then generate a shipping label for those orders. At some point within a few minutes of those shipping labels being created/charges authorized, the package will show in UPS MyChoice, HOWEVER that does NOT mean the phone is on its way to you just yet. You will likely sit in a status of "Shipment Processed, Ready for UPS" until sometime in the wee small hours of the morning on Friday when those packages are rapidly tendered to UPS, loaded on planes, and flown to the destination hubs in short order.

Goodeye

macrumors 6502a
Jan 30, 2009
Yeah I have everything is MyChoice already showing my Red 128GB 11 is waiting for UPS (obviously waiting for these to land and get to Kentucky I assume).

Additionally, anyone in Arizona know if I can have it dropped off at UPS stores for the day of delivery so I can pick it up there (living in an apt I want to be better safe than sorry). Looks like the nearest UPS CC location is closed to customers on Fridays.

ohaishawnn

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2011
Austin, Texas
Yeah I have everything is MyChoice already showing its waiting for UPS (obviously waiting for these to land and get to Kentucky I assume).

Additionally, anyone in Arizona know if I can have it dropped off at UPS stores for the day of delivery so I can pick it up there (living in an apt I want to be better safe than sorry). Looks like the nearest UPS CC location is closed to customers on Fridays.

UPS Store might cause a one day delay from my experience.

Reactions: Carlos22Dayday

Agent OrangeZ

macrumors 68040
Mar 17, 2010
Planet Earth
Yeah I have everything is MyChoice already showing my Red 128GB 11 is waiting for UPS (obviously waiting for these to land and get to Kentucky I assume).

UPS Store = 1 day delay
I always have mine dropped at the UPS Customer Center (HUB) on 31st AVE just North of Thomas Rd. ALWAYS ready for pickup on launch day!

Goodeye

macrumors 6502a
Jan 30, 2009
UPS Store = 1 day delay
I always have mine dropped at the UPS Customer Center (HUB) on 31st AVE just North of Thomas Rd. ALWAYS ready for pickup on launch day!

That's good to know. I'm in the east valley and would rather not drive to Phoenix if I don't have to lol.

Looks like the UPS CC off Inverness is open on Friday. I assume the one in Phoenix you mentioned is a UPS -CC right? So I should be able to have it left there so I can pick it up when they open at 8:30?

Last edited:

Agent OrangeZ

macrumors 68040
Mar 17, 2010
Planet Earth
That's good to know. I'm in the east valley and would rather not drive to Phoenix if I don't have to lol.

Looks like the UPS CC off Inverness is open on Friday. I assume the one in Phoenix you mentioned is a UPS -CC right? So I should be able to have it left there so I can pick it up when they open at 8:30?
Yes. You should be good.

Goodeye

macrumors 6502a
Jan 30, 2009
Yes. You should be good.

Sweet! Looks like I'm having it held there and will be starting work at home on Friday morning lol.

This is the only third time I've gotten and iPhone at launch. First was the 4 at the Apple Store, and the second was the 6 middle of the day walk-in at a T-mobile store.

This is the first one I've done via preorder and via the carrier at that.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.