Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dkinley1

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2015
Who ready for Today’s Credit Card Charges I am hopefully I get charged for my iPhone 11 Pro Max 64gb midnight green
If I’m not mistaken charges started yesterday at around 10am?

Last edited:
Reactions: Jaedre

md1801

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2014
St. Louis, MO
To give everyone a bit of hope, despite my order being in within the first few minutes of the pre-order window, I was originally assigned a ship date of 9/21 to 9/24, however I was charged yesterday and have live tracking indicating it will be delivered at launch on Friday.

This just goes to show you what has been pointed out all along---just be patient, and remember that there is lots of time left, and their shipping estimates are now far more conservative than they used to be. We're almost there people!

macfan406

macrumors 6502a
Dec 27, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
To give everyone a bit of hope, despite my order being in within the first few minutes of the pre-order window, I was originally assigned a ship date of 9/21 to 9/24, however I was charged yesterday and have live tracking indicating it will be delivered at launch on Friday.

This just goes to show you what has been pointed out all along---just be patient, and remember that there is lots of time left, and their shipping estimates are now far more conservative than they used to be. We're almost there people!

I'm hoping I get my tracking today. T-Force says that both phones are ready to ship. the 11 I ordered has an IMEI, so I assume that's the one showing up in My Choice despite being 1.20 LBS. It might have something to do with JOD but my 11 Pro Max doesn't have an IMEI yet. Anyone with an 11PM on JOD have an IMEI?

hansolo79

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2008
Anyone with an estimated shipping dates in early October see any charges or tracking numbers? I ordered a midnight green 64GB IPhone pro max.

md1801

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2014
St. Louis, MO
I'm hoping I get my tracking today. T-Force says that both phones are ready to ship. the 11 I ordered has an IMEI, so I assume that's the one showing up in My Choice despite being 1.20 LBS. It might have something to do with JOD but my 11 Pro Max doesn't have an IMEI yet. Anyone with an 11PM on JOD have an IMEI?
I have no IMEI in my account and my order still states "Processing" with the ship date still showing 9/21-9/24. Furthermore, I've noticed that the UPS iOS app shows the inbound package, but the full UPS website does NOT. To those of you attempting to us MyChoice to find tracking, be sure to use both methods. Clearly for both companies the data is flowing unevenly!

Reactions: Elefanta

macfan406

macrumors 6502a
Dec 27, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
I have no IMEI in my account and my order still states "Processing" with the ship date still showing 9/21-9/24. Furthermore, I've noticed that the UPS iOS app shows the inbound package, but the full UPS website does NOT. To those of you attempting to us MyChoice to find tracking, be sure to use both methods. Clearly for both companies the data is flowing unevenly!
Both website and app show a single inbound package, which based on the data I have I am presuming to be the iPhone 11 I ordered for my sister.

NickG420

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2010
In Wayne Gacey's Basement
Here's a question...

On UPS My Choice, if I change the delivery location to Garage and enter my Garage code do you think they would open my garage and leave my phones in there?

I can open and close my garage from anywhere remotely so closing it back would not be an issue.

I'd really prefer they didn't just leave my phones on my front porch. Not that my neighborhood is bad, but lets be honest...I am sure plenty of criminals know Friday is new iPhone delivery day.

md1801

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2014
St. Louis, MO
Here's a question...

On UPS My Choice, if I change the delivery location to Garage and enter my Garage code do you think they would open my garage and leave my phones in there?

I can open and close my garage from anywhere remotely so closing it back would not be an issue.

I'd really prefer they didn't just leave my phones on my front porch. Not that my neighborhood is bad, but lets be honest...I am sure plenty of criminals know Friday is new iPhone delivery day.

I'd imagine they're not too keen to enter private property that way. If you're worried about theft, the preferred option would be to have the package held at your local distribution center, and for you to go pick it up when it fits your schedule.

thebutlerdunnit

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2014
Does anyone know why I got the text about Protection360 with AC services registration is complete. When I don't have Insurance with T-Mobile and they double checked it as well.

I got that text as well. I was pretty annoyed since I had them cancel Protection 360 earlier this week, specifically to ensure that it didn't get added to this device. I contacted T-Force and they told me that I don't need to worry, it's not added. I can't say that I trust them right now. I got them to add a Protection Plan Block to my account.

AbaddonRain

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2016
ATL
Here's a question...

Just pick them up from the local distribution center, unless you don't have one close? These UPS drivers in my area are so lazy, so I just pick everything up when they are set to deliver something. The distribution center is less than 5 miles from my house and they never show up until around 7pm usually so I pick up everything.

Vanilla Ice

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2011
Los Angeles
These 2 day shipping choices are sketch. By living in Los Angeles, if the phones don’t ship by tonight, there is no way east coast / west coasters will get these phones delivered by Friday lol

Zorn

macrumors 65816
Feb 14, 2006
Ohio
Starting to get worried now. All I have is a charge on my card yesterday morning, and a shipping date that says "Ships 9/20 - 9/20". No IMEI in TMo site, nothing at all on my UPS My Choice.

Carlos22Dayday

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2011
These 2 day shipping choices are sketch. By living in Los Angeles, if the phones don’t ship by tonight, there is no way east coast / west coasters will get these phones delivered by Friday lol
2nd day is basically overnight for UPS. I’ve had iPhone pre orders ship Friday early AM like 2am and arrive by 5am, get sorted and delivered. Lol I’m on the west coast too, Utah.

nateatlarge

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 20, 2015
Washington State
Strange that my 11PM has a label with a ship date of 9/21-9/24, but nothing on my 11 in green. All I know is I’m just glad I’m probably getting my phone Friday

I ordered the iPhone 11 green 128GB and got tracking last night
[doublepost=1568812497][/doublepost]
Having a hard time deciding if its worth getting a 128gb 11 with EIP or JOD. I typically keep my phones for 2-3 years with no immediate need to upgrade when new models drop. The pricing/terms seem the same (31.52/mo) though would be trading in my iPhone 8 for $350 in credit against the monthly cost.

I do like the ability to pay the balance/phone off once enrolled in EIP and maintain the ongoing bill credits effectively bringing my monthly bill down. From what I've read, JOD cancels out the bill credits after upgrading to a new phone.

Am I understanding this correctly? Meanwhile I've found the 360 protection at 15/mo incl Apple Care seems more worthwhile than AppleCare+ with Theft/Loss, though never had any type of coverage like this before.

you are correct with it all :)

4sallypat

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
2nd day is basically overnight for UPS. I’ve had iPhone pre orders ship Friday early AM like 2am and arrive by 5am, get sorted and delivered. Lol I’m on the west coast too, Utah.
Yes, this is correct, even though it may be 2 day Air, if UPS can deliver it in 1 day, they will.
UPS has been undergoing changes in their delivery guarantee for the better.
I have a friend who is a UPS regional manager and said that packages when they see next day and 2 day going to the same location, they both get the 1 day service to exceed customer expectations and generates loyalty...

Carlos22Dayday

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2011
Just got an update!
9/18 @ 02:05 am: Departure scan - ANCHORAGE, AK.

Yellow and red iPhone 11s
Yippee!!!
You ordered from t mobile or Apple? I don’t know why it would be shipping from AK if it’s t mobile ordered.
[doublepost=1568812942][/doublepost]
What does having IMEI mean? My 11 order has it but no status information what so ever other than estimated delivery of this Friday.

My 11 pro order which is estimated to arrive October 2-8 has IMEI and return shipping label assigned. Does it mean my 11 pro is already available? Then, why October?
It means the order has a specific phone assigned to it. I don’t know exactly the logistics of it but my best guess is T Mobile has possession of the phone and has it assigned to you and ready for shipment.

4sallypat

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
You ordered from t mobile or Apple? I don’t know why it would be shipping from AK if it’s t mobile ordered.
Funny you ask, I ordered 1 phone from Apple Store for me and the other from T-Mobile to take advantage of the $350 trade in on my son's 7+.

BOTH phones have the SAME tracking (UPS detailed shows 1/2 and 2/2)

Gotta see who gets their's first !

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.