Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ohaishawnn

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2011
Austin, Texas
I ordered an 11 Pro Max 512GB midnight green at 8:08am EST on Friday, and a 11 Green 256GB at 8:24am EST. Got charged for the Pro early yesterday morning, and the green earlier today. Neither show any progress after that. Both show in My TMobile as "Pre-Order Ships by 9/20" and haven't changed since being charged. UPS My Choice shows no shipments going to my address. Anyone else in this boat?

I just switched to TMobile from AT&T on Thursday, so I don't know how they operate, but it seems weird to be charged for over 36 hours with no additional updates..

How it happens every year

Reactions: valleian

seinman

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2011
Philadelphia
The phone I ordered this morning was just charged to my card about an hour ago. Shipping window is 9/21 to 9/24. Feelin’ good about this development.

macbookguy

Cancelled
Dec 28, 2006
Have you gotten tracking yet?
No. Just the Twitter f-force guy telling me I should have it by Friday and to watch carefully tomorrow.

edit to add I have everything else though ... line added, IMEI, financing on account, protection 360 text message, confirmation email, charged, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: haileyscomet

homegeek

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2019
Chicago, IL
iPhone 11 Pro Max Midnight Green 256GB order finalized 5:03AM PST.

CC charged this morning and UPS label visible in UPS app in the afternoon!
I am curious to know how everyone is able to find a tracking number on the UPS site with not reference number or any other information.

haileyscomet

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2016
So after spending an hour and 20 minutes with the rep here is the scoop which I’m sure most of you all of you know

The systems at T-Mobile is overloaded with new pre-orders and inventory stock incoming and depleted before the system can update correctly.

He said once you get a CC charge a phone has been set aside for assignment to your account. If you got a UPS notification phone is assigned to your account and is staged on the outbound cart for UPS.

He said tonight roughly 700,000 phones are going out on the trucks and planes to be delivered on or slightly before the 20th. He also said dates are improving for phones since Apple is sending out more stock.

If a credit card issue happens that system is working correctly and you should get a contact T-Mobile email or text.

UPS is having the same issues with tracking a etc.

So I hope this helps a little
But what about those who preordered on-time that still have no tracking? It’s still showing a ship date of 9/20 but idk guys...

md1801

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2014
St. Louis, MO
But what about those who preordered on-time that still have no tracking? It’s still showing a ship date of 9/20 but idk guys...
Go back a few pages and read my post about how they fill orders. There are going to be uneven distributions of charges/updates/filled orders based on what you ordered, when that configuration is received in the US, and your order time as the 3rd most important detail. Seeing others get movement should be a good sign that you won't be far behind. Hang in there--the estimated shipping dates are usually accurate!

Reactions: Margit72

Chrisodium

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2019
So after spending an hour and 20 minutes with the rep here is the scoop which I’m sure most of you all of you know

The systems at T-Mobile is overloaded with new pre-orders and inventory stock incoming and depleted before the system can update correctly.

He said once you get a CC charge a phone has been set aside for assignment to your account. If you got a UPS notification phone is assigned to your account and is staged on the outbound cart for UPS.

He said tonight roughly 700,000 phones are going out on the trucks and planes to be delivered on or slightly before the 20th. He also said dates are improving for phones since Apple is sending out more stock.

If a credit card issue happens that system is working correctly and you should get a contact T-Mobile email or text.

UPS is having the same issues with tracking a etc.

So I hope this helps a little
This is basically what I said lol

Vanilla Ice

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2011
Los Angeles
I haven’t pre ordered an iPhone since the 6 and that was a mess.... with the iPhone 8, XS and XS Max. Has things been better for pre orders with tmo?

md1801

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2014
St. Louis, MO
I haven’t pre ordered an iPhone since the 6 and that was a mess.... with the iPhone 8, XS and XS Max. Has things been better for pre orders with tmo?
Each of the last 4 have been smooth as butter for me, as long as you understand that the communication and processes during this week don't provide the best output. I have never had a missed delivery date during that window for any of my company's phones.

macfan406

macrumors 6502a
Dec 27, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
Go back a few pages and read my post about how they fill orders. There are going to be uneven distributions of charges/updates/filled orders based on what you ordered, when that configuration is received in the US, and your order time as the 3rd most important detail. Seeing others get movement should be a good sign that you won't be far behind. Hang in there--the estimated shipping dates are usually accurate!
See that's what concerns me lol. I'm hoping my shipping is earlier than estimated

Shaqtus

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2014
Just checked my credit card statement and UPS MyChoice. Charged and shipping info received. T-Mobile estimate is currently 9/21-9/24.
iPhone 11 Max Pro 256gb Midnight Green. Preordered at 0841am.

Attachments

• 11AE5C79-28F6-40E6-A929-0DE43DCF0B22.jpeg
    11AE5C79-28F6-40E6-A929-0DE43DCF0B22.jpeg
    419.5 KB · Views: 110
  • 70FED7F2-C94A-4878-A444-ECEAB1F734AE.jpeg
    70FED7F2-C94A-4878-A444-ECEAB1F734AE.jpeg
    64 KB · Views: 107

chadmclark

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2016
Was charged this morning, now have tracking in UPS MyChoice. My ship date from TMO is 9/20.

Since I chose next day delivery I’m sure UPS will now sit on it until Thurs lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.