Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mk0614

macrumors newbie
Aug 28, 2018
I remember last year when I did buy the iPhone XS Max 256gb My down payment was only 250+ tax for well-qualified customers, I don’t know if they’re going to do the same thing this year

Reactions: haileyscomet

mtulman1

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2015
I want out of the JOD program and per t mobile they told me I can pay $510 total to pay off the lease and the balance and I would own the phone. Then I would trade it into Apple for the upgrade program. I am debating and think it may be a waste of money. Not sure what to do.

md1801

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2014
St. Louis, MO
I want out of the JOD program and per t mobile they told me I can pay $510 total to pay off the lease and the balance and I would own the phone. Then I would trade it into Apple for the upgrade program. I am debating and think it may be a waste of money. Not sure what to do.
That's definitely the way out, however you'll want to see what Apple is offering as a trade-in value for your phone and compare it to the $510 you just had to pay. I suspect you're going to come up a good bit short on the value meter----but you can also sell the phone, possibly for more than the $510 you have to pay, and do the Apple program without a trade.

mtulman1

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2015
That's definitely the way out, however you'll want to see what Apple is offering as a trade-in value for your phone and compare it to the $510 you just had to pay. I suspect you're going to come up a good bit short on the value meter----but you can also sell the phone, possibly for more than the $510 you have to pay, and do the Apple program without a trade.

Good call. I see the $599 on Apple but didn’t think it’s probably not the 64 max I have.

Ramrod82

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2010
I have never done the JOD program. When I got my iPhone last yr I was under the impression I could jump this yr to the pro. From those that have done it in the past do I have to put money down?

md1801

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2014
St. Louis, MO
I have never done the JOD program. When I got my iPhone last yr I was under the impression I could jump this yr to the pro. From those that have done it in the past do I have to put money down?

You can jump to a new phone this year, but it doesn't preclude the possibility that they will require a down payment on this year's phone. I suspect that all models of the pro will carry some sort of down payment, but you may be able to get the non-pro without a down payment.

Reactions: Ramrod82

haileyscomet

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2016
From my experience with T-Mobile, we haven’t had to pay a down payment on a phone that is $750 or less. Anything higher we pay that difference. So if I want the 64gb Pro, I’m looking at a $250 dp. For a 64gb Pro Max it probably going to be $350 :confused:

Soooo, if that’s how it’s going to be for this years’ launch, I may just opt for the 64gb 11 in purple. I have a 6 year old, rent, and a new car payment (among other bills), so I have to spend wisely! :p

I just found out I can’t JOD until the 16th, just my luck haha. I had recently switched to the coral XR :rolleyes:

mk0614

macrumors newbie
Aug 28, 2018
From my experience with T-Mobile, we haven’t had to pay a down payment on a phone that is $750 or less. Anything higher we pay that difference. So if I want the 64gb Pro, I’m looking at a $250 dp. For a 64gb Pro Max it probably going to be $350 :confused:

Soooo, if that’s how it’s going to be for this years’ launch, I may just opt for the 64gb 11 in purple. I have a 6 year old, rent, and a new car payment (among other bills), so I have to spend wisely! :p

I just found out I can’t JOD until the 16th, just my luck haha. I had recently switched to the coral XR :rolleyes:

I only had to put 250 down for my max 256gb last year my payments were $41 a month and change

fryfrkhlly

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2013
Phoenix, AZ

Haha I feel you on the new car payment! I have one too! 64gb is plenty for me. I’ve barely used all mine on my XS. So 64gb Purple 11 for me! *fingers crossed* no down payment lol

2SwiFt29

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2008
Paid off the last 3 months for JOD. Apple offering $400 for the X for trade-in. Still don't know how much T-Mobile is offering.

haileyscomet

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2016
Haha I feel you on the new car payment! I have one too! 64gb is plenty for me. I’ve barely used all mine on my XS. So 64gb Purple 11 for me! *fingers crossed* no down payment lol
64gb is plenty for me too! I have the 200gb iCloud so I never really felt the need for more in a phone. But that’s just me :)

No down payment would be amazing! I feel like the purple is going to sell out super quick!

Reactions: fryfrkhlly

Zippy3505

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2015
Indiana
T-Mobile is always so slow on releasing their pricing. My wife has an 8 plus, and really wants a green iPhone 11. I’ve got an XS Max, and trying to decide between an 11, 11 pro, or 12 pro max. We’ve both got series 4 watches, but will probably stick with those. The new iPad looks intriguing, too. C’mon Tmo, get your prices together!

haileyscomet

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2016
T-Mobile is always so slow on releasing their pricing. My wife has an 8 plus, and really wants a green iPhone 11. I’ve got an XS Max, and trying to decide between an 11, 11 pro, or 12 pro max. We’ve both got series 4 watches, but will probably stick with those. The new iPad looks intriguing, too. C’mon Tmo, get your prices together!
One rep told me pricing will be available tomorrow...but you know how T-Mobile is lol

Reactions: Zippy3505

fryfrkhlly

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
64gb is plenty for me too! I have the 200gb iCloud so I never really felt the need for more in a phone. But that’s just me :)

No down payment would be amazing! I feel like the purple is going to sell out super quick!

I’ve seen a lot of people actually wanting the green/mint. But yeah both those will go fast since they are new most likely!

gavroche

macrumors 65816
Oct 25, 2007
Left Coast
I’m sitting out on upgrading this year. The only thing that will get me to upgrade is if the Qualcomm modem is back in iPhones. I’ll just follow the thread like I do every year and hop on the upgrade train next year.

I hear a lot of people say this and I'm curious..., reports say this years modem is 15% faster than last years, which seems like a bigger difference than Qualcomm versus Intel... so I'm not sure why not having Qualcomm is so important but that 15% speed gain is not...

Xangelkiller

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2014
Last year at launch, on JOD the XS was $99 down and the XS Max was $109 down. Since the MSRP didn’t change for this year, I’m hoping they stick to those or even lower them!

Ramrod82

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2010
Dumb question if I owe about $500 on my phone to T-Mobile can I trade it into Apple for $600 money back? Or does it have to be completely paid off?

andyx3x

macrumors 65816
Mar 1, 2011
I just paid off my XS Max last month. I would be so stupid to get the 11 Pro Max but I might do it anyway. Silver for me I think.

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
I hear a lot of people say this and I'm curious..., reports say this years modem is 15% faster than last years, which seems like a bigger difference than Qualcomm versus Intel... so I'm not sure why not having Qualcomm is so important but that 15% speed gain is not...

The speed isn’t what’s bothering me. It’s the reception. My XS Max don’t stay connected to WiFi all the time, and the places I get service on my 7+, I don’t get that service on my XS Max. I need better reception for work, as I deliver mail, and it’s crucial to have my GPS work for directions in new neighborhoods and to be able to call whenever something goes wrong.

Reactions: macbookguy
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.