Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macfan406

macrumors 6502a
Dec 27, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
This forum is always a wild trip. I'm glad that Apple is not disappointing this year! Seems like all of us who ordered on pre-order day will get our phones! Good job T-Mobile and Apple.

This should sum up every launch week experience well I think. Enjoy! (maybe on those new Super Retina XDR displays for my fellow Pros)
1568985404104.png

4sallypat

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
Ping pong delivery ?
Can't tell where it's leaving from....
One of mine is tracking at 2 different hubs at the same time ?
WOW - UPS tracking messed up!
2hZmkz.png

md1801

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2014
St. Louis, MO
Yep. That's exactly how that works. Mine didn't show up until it was actually out for delivery.

I use UPS for A LOT of stuff for my business. It is also not unusual (though it remains infrequent) but I'll have some things delivered from time to time that have completely skipped the destination scan and out for delivery stages and just have shown up. It's entirely possible on a really busy day like this that some people looking at the situation with a sense of angst may be pleasantly surprised when their new phone arrives on time or early despite the lack of the tracking system updates.

Reactions: 4sallypat

macfan406

macrumors 6502a
Dec 27, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
I use UPS for A LOT of stuff for my business. It is also not unusual (though it remains infrequent) but I'll have some things delivered from time to time that have completely skipped the destination scan and out for delivery stages and just have shown up. It's entirely possible on a really busy day like this that some people looking at the situation with a sense of angst may be pleasantly surprised when their new phone arrives on time or early despite the lack of the tracking system updates.
I get what you mean; I was talking about the "Follow My Delivery" option for My Choice. It didn't show up until my phone was Out for Delivery.
[automerge]1568986493[/automerge]
Phone just got delivered
The lucky first one! Let us know how it looks! I'm waiting until I can leave work to get mine. I'm half working and half watching the UPS delivery map eagerly awaiting haha

hansolo79

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2008
Hopefully I'll get my phone one day sniff sniff. Estimated Delivery for my 64GB MG Pro Max is in the first week of October. Haven't even been charge.

andyx3x

macrumors 65816
Mar 1, 2011
Cancelled my pre-order for a 64gm Pro Max silver because I wouldn’t get it for 3 weeks. Went to a local T-Mobile store and they only had some 11’s. All the locations in this area were like that.

I’m at the mall now and just checked out all the colors at the Apple Store. I wanted to see the Space Grey since it would ship today. It’s very nice. I actually liked all the colors. Midnight Green is really sweet too. But I don’t want to wait 3-4 weeks. So I walked down to the T-Mobile store and pre-ordered again. My card was charged within 3 minutes of placing my order. Should have my Space Grey on Monday or Tuesday.

Reactions: MrAperture

ohaishawnn

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2011
Austin, Texas
This was my worry. I ended up cancelling my pick up request before it was scanned at the next place. Thought that would delay it. Then I find out guess what? It went to that location :(
Oh well.

I didn’t cancel mine, I just took the chance and it went to the one I picked. I’m curious if they sent it to the one I picked because they knew ahead of time? Or maybe just a coincidence.

Goodeye

macrumors 6502a
Jan 30, 2009
I didn’t cancel mine, I just took the chance and it went to the one I picked. I’m curious if they sent it to the one I picked because they knew ahead of time? Or maybe just a coincidence.

Yeah The one I held at is in the same town as I, However there is a CC-hub a town over that I'm literally halfway in between the two. Some packages go to that one some to the one in my same town. THe one a town over is closed to customers on Fridays (REALLY?!)

I cancelled it thinking there could be a delay if it went to the one to the town over. That was just stupid. It is what it is. I'm heading out to finish my work day from home in about an hour. According to UPS MyChoice, my phone is loaded on the truck but isn't actually out for delivery yet so if that changes soon I'll probably head back sooner (I'm 10 mins away from the office).

ohaishawnn

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2011
Austin, Texas
Yeah The one I held at is in the same town as I, However there is a CC-hub a town over that I'm literally halfway in between the two. Some packages go to that one some to the one in my same town. THe one a town over is closed to customers on Fridays (REALLY?!)

I cancelled it thinking there could be a delay if it went to the one to the town over. That was just stupid. It is what it is. I'm heading out to finish my work day from home in about an hour. According to UPS MyChoice, my phone is loaded on the truck but isn't actually out for delivery yet so if that changes soon I'll probably head back sooner (I'm 10 mins away from the office).

UPS is dumb sometimes. Oh well. At least you’ll still be able to get it today. Gotta love having a flexible job!

dms_91

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2016
I’m beyond pissed. Already out for delivery for me even though I asked customer service to ensure that I want it held for pick up. Now it’s already on a truck where I’m going to be waiting all damn day. Just wanted to pick it up at 8am!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.