Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vbctv

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2013
Cleveland, OH
I don't know if it's an iOS 13.1 thing or not but I'm using the transfer data directly feature instead of restoring from iCloud. It claims your phone is ready to use in 20-25 minutes using this feature.

Set up phone as new, installed beta then erased and re-set up...

ohaishawnn

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2011
Austin, Texas
9f4c8c6f86b1498ecf7c380ea43220c5.jpg

Bag secured

born2runak

macrumors regular
Aug 21, 2012
currently having issues. when I go into settings, cellular, its telling me to add a cellular plan
I just contacted T-Mobile. They had to send me a pin to activate the Sim card in the new phone. They told me I could have just switched the Sim cards, but I told them apple no longer sends a Sim card remover.

i’m not about to go jamming stuff into my Sim tray when they can just activate a perfectly new Sim card

Goodeye

macrumors 6502a
Jan 30, 2009
I just contacted T-Mobile. They had to send me a pin to activate the Sim card in the new phone. They told me I could have just switched the Sim cards, but I told them apple no longer sends a Sim card remover.

i’m not about to go jamming stuff into my Sim tray when they can just activate a perfectly new Sim card

Good to know. So glad I save any sim card openers when I get one.

Weird they didn't supply one this time, they did on the XRs last year.

nateatlarge

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 20, 2015
Washington State
Good to know. So glad I save any sim card openers when I get one.

Weird they didn't supply one this time, they did on the XRs last year.

Supposed to use the new digital sim now
[automerge]1568997622[/automerge]
Digital SIM info

Reactions: pgiannini1784

haileyscomet

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2016
My phone won’t connect to the Apple server. I can’t even use it. T-Mobile said they fixed it but of course nothing happened. Trying to chat with Apple but they’re down. Anyone know how to fix this?

Elwots

macrumors regular
Aug 8, 2016
Thats correct you have to install the beta first then restore your back up. it sucks but thats how it works.

You can also just “upgrade” your old phone to the 13.0 GM IPSW in iTunes, then the transfer will work to the new phone. I confirmed it does work using the shift+click trick to upgrade.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.