Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nateatlarge

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 20, 2015
Washington State
Hey guys I need help. My phone shows that it’s in my city on UPS:

Held
09/20/2019 - 6:14 A.M.
Lathrop, CA, United States

Past Event

Hold at UPS Access Point Completed
09/20/2019 - 6:14 A.M.
As requested, the UPS My Choice® delivery change was completed. / Deliver to a UPS Access Point™ location.
Less
09/20/2019 - 6:08 A.M.

09/20/2019 - 2:20 A.M.

09/20/2019 - 1:37 A.M.
West Sacramento, CA, United States

09/19/2019 - 7:50 P.M.
West Sacramento, CA, United States

I went down there and they told me that it is still in Sacramento, not yet in my city. For any of you that picked up, was there anything beyond “held” on your tracking info?

Any update?

orbitalpunk

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2006
Both of my phones were delivered but I should add that only one was supposed to arrive because my first order I actually canceled at Tmobile but they decided to send it anyways so now I have to send it back. Thanks Tmobile.

Loving the new phone coming from the 6s. Night mode is ridiculous.

Agent OrangeZ

macrumors 68040
Mar 17, 2010
Planet Earth
iPhone 11
09DC77EF-16A0-496C-B908-4D333DDC39C2.jpeg

iPhone XR (no flash)
43F4A0E6-D385-4EC6-8F06-70884107CC77.jpeg

iPhone XR (Flash On)
82BC80EB-C009-4EB2-88F4-9208DEFE0B7F.jpeg

Iphonepromax

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2019
Any update?
No man, they’re telling me that the phone isn’t even in my city yet, despite what the tracking is showing. I have no option but to wait for whatever they want to do. Hopefully I can get it on Monday now I guess. Sucks because I woke up at 5am to preorder just for UPS to **** it up. Same thing happened to the dude that was there right before me too so I’m not the only one.
I think the phone might actually be in my city and the lady there just didn’t know how to do her job.

• Angry
Reactions: nateatlarge

iNICK20

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2014
Sorta knew this was gonna happen, but I went to sign up for AC+ Theft and Loss protection, And its shows I have AC Services through T-Mobile.
I was on the phone with T-Mobile and Apple for hours (3-Way Call), Just to be confirmed that its probably an error on T-Mobile side, but once its shows I'm not being billed for it. Its should automatically drop off and allow me to get the plan I wanted. Anyone else have this issue? I did last year as well lmao.

iNICK20

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2014
Can someone tell me the reasoning why they didn't include fast charging with the iPhone 11? I know the 11 starts at $699. If you want fast charging then the 18w charger is $30 and the USB-C to Lightning Cable is $20.

frumpy16

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2008
Can someone tell me the reasoning why they didn't include fast charging with the iPhone 11? I know the 11 starts at $699. If you want fast charging then the 18w charger is $30 and the USB-C to Lightning Cable is $20.
It's because the 11 fills the "basic", entry-level model role. Not including creates differentiation for the people buying the Pro level to feel like they can justify the additional investment.

Goodeye

macrumors 6502a
Jan 30, 2009

I found the Apple 18w charger on Amazon for $15 (looks like it’s $23 now :/ )and a 6 foot Anker MFI usb-c to lightning cable for $14 bucks. They had the 3 foot cable too which was even cheaper. Fast charge on the 11 is fast!

Last edited:

briankeith513

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2011
Atlanta, GA
After the mix up with UPS yesterday, I was finally able to speak with a UPS supervisor, who located my phone, that had never left the local hub, so I picked it up after work. This is one heavy device, I can tell it’s also thicker than my XS Max, but I’m ok with that since it has a bigger battery. Also, this is one beautiful phone. The matte finish is very attractive and feels good in the hand .

Iphonepromax

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2019
After the mix up with UPS yesterday, I was finally able to speak with a UPS supervisor, who located my phone, that had never left the local hub, so I picked it up after work. This is one heavy device, I can tell it’s also thicker than my XS Max, but I’m ok with that since it has a bigger battery. Also, this is one beautiful phone. The matte finish is very attractive and feels good in the hand .
Lucky :( Apparently mine never made it to my city although tracking says otherwise. They don’t open until Monday now, and that’s if my package is even there at that point. I feel like it was already there now, as I called UPS and they said they had a shelf number and everything, but the lady at the UPS center was very, very rude and didn’t want to help at all.

briankeith513

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Lucky :( Apparently mine never made it to my city although tracking says otherwise. They don’t open until Monday now, and that’s if my package is even there at that point. I feel like it was already there now, as I called UPS and they said they had a shelf number and everything, but the lady at the UPS center was very, very rude and didn’t want to help at all.

Smh, sorry to hear that. I had to call back about 3 or 4 times, before the reps would even let me speak with a supervisor. They were all very unhelpful, and all gave contradicting info. The supervisor saw the notes regarding the situation and apologized, admitting that this could hav been resolved very easily, from the beginning.

nateatlarge

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 20, 2015
Washington State
Because they want your $50.

fast charger comes with the iPhone11 pro if that counts.
[automerge]1569085090[/automerge]
Sorta knew this was gonna happen, but I went to sign up for AC+ Theft and Loss protection, And its shows I have AC Services through T-Mobile.
I was on the phone with T-Mobile and Apple for hours (3-Way Call), Just to be confirmed that its probably an error on T-Mobile side, but once its shows I'm not being billed for it. Its should automatically drop off and allow me to get the plan I wanted. Anyone else have this issue? I did last year as well lmao.

you have Apple care and theft protection through protection 360. Why do you want to change it

Iphonepromax

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2019
Smh, sorry to hear that. I had to call back about 3 or 4 times, before the reps would even let me speak with a supervisor. They were all very unhelpful, and all gave contradicting info. The supervisor saw the notes regarding the situation and apologized, admitting that this could hav been resolved very easily, from the beginning.
They let you speak to the supervisor at the CC hub?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.