Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nill1234

macrumors 6502
Dec 22, 2012
Are the mini led displays worth waiting for? Will they make that much of a difference? I am guessing we have to wait till next year for mini led. I personally don't care much for ARM processors.
Mini led is ok but micro LED is the real thing. With mini LED you just get dimming zones so larger black parts are true blacks but smaller parts are still lit. Overall its a step in the right direction more of an evolution than a revolution.

Mac133

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2020
I hope microLED is at least as color accurate as modern LCD displays are these days. All these new oled laptops are oversaturated and they are hard to calibrate becuase oled diodes change they color with brightness. Blacks look amazing, but colors look terrible for serious photo/video edit.

Reactions: nill1234

pttai

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2018
Hello everyone, I may be the n person to ask this question, so my apologies. Are there any rumours about the next 16inch Macbook Pro yet?
Last year, I had to sell my MacBook 13 inch away because the T2 chip kept glitching and i had to send it to repair for 3 times in 6 months. I miss the experience using the MacBook so much, but I don’t want to spend my money to have a similar experience. I want something with a bigger screen and latest design.

LFC2020

macrumors P6
Apr 4, 2020
Hello everyone, I may be the n person to ask this question, so my apologies. Are there any rumours about the next 16inch Macbook Pro yet?
Last year, I had to sell my MacBook 13 inch away because the T2 chip kept glitching and i had to send it to repair for 3 times in 6 months. I miss the experience using the MacBook so much, but I don’t want to spend my money to have a similar experience. I want something with a bigger screen and latest design.

If it doesn't get a spec bump at WWDC it'll get a spec bump at the end of the year or early next year.

DHagan4755

macrumors 68020
Jul 18, 2002
Massachusetts
One would think the 16 inch would get an update to comet lake-H processors since Dell is releasing a 15 and 17 inch XPS laptop with them in the near future.

FastLaneJB

macrumors regular
Jun 3, 2008
One would think the 16 inch would get an update to comet lake-H processors since Dell is releasing a 15 and 17 inch XPS laptop with them in the near future.

Apple has long since stopped following Intel’s schedule. They seem to release on their own schedule and then use whatever chips are current at the time.

However I’d like to see the 13/14 inch with WiFi 6 as one of its features. It would seem strange to me at least to then leave the 16 on WiFi 5 for half a year more. So putting in the new 10th Gen CPU and WiFi 6 in the 16 would be good. That’s probably about all I imagine they’ll do, even if they refresh it later in the year. Unless AMD have a new mobile GPU that Apple could use.

kitenski

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2008
Leeds, UK
1588591643582.png

Falhófnir

macrumors 603
Aug 19, 2017
10th gen is an almost nonexistent bump over 9th - and at that it's mainly from higher clocks which risk messing with Apple's finely tuned cooling/ undervolting so I don't think there's any major rush. The biggest thing is Windows OEMs being able to say '10th gen' on the tin while Apple's will still say 9th. Maybe WWDC, though if it's just the chips it's going to be probably the most underwhelming update the MBP has ever received!

Falhófnir

macrumors 603
Aug 19, 2017
Going by the MBA and iPad Pro launch it should be within the next 10 minutes or so, just after 5am Cupertino time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.