Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Khaos1

macrumors member
Nov 1, 2017
If you carefully read the Economic News Daily article (https://money.udn.com/money/story/5612/3945111) cited by MacRumours carefully, you will see the sentence, translated by Google -

"According to the previous example, Apple usually holds a Mac-related product presentation in October. The supply chain expects that this year's new machine will be released in October, which will be separated from the iPhone presentation in September"

Hence- the supply chain agrees on the specs of the upcoming MBP - but the predicted timing is based purely on previous events.

Ming is saying again today that he thinks it’s coming out this fall.

I think it’s happening.

Mr. Dee

macrumors 603
Dec 4, 2003
Jamaica
The iphone release this year is fairly tame- sometimes the do other hardware in the ios event. So it could be Sept.
[doublepost=1564068273][/doublepost]
LOL no way.

Apple has always been focused on have a consistent design language across its product line. Even the keyboard for the new Mac Pro uses a different shade of silver than whats found on other product. Its just that, the Mac Pro happens to be the start of the new generation of this design.

Its not gonna be extremely different, just a thinner lighter version of the Intel 2006 MacBook Pro. It believe, Apple might use something near the previous generation retina MacBook Pro chassis to accomodate the thermals and scissor keyboard. Basically, backtrack.

danwells

macrumors 6502a
Apr 4, 2015
It's not coming at the iPhone event - It'll probably be an October Mac event or the like. Sometimes, Apple will throw in a minor additional piece of iOS hardware at the iPhone event. I wouldn't be surprised to see some revised iPads or someting like an AppleTV (technically not iOS, but almost) in with the phones this time, because the phone release is relatively small.

I can't remember a Mac ever showing up at the iPhone event, and this isn't "just a Mac" - this is a major redesign to a major product.

Khaos1

macrumors member
Nov 1, 2017
It's not coming at the iPhone event - It'll probably be an October Mac event or the like. Sometimes, Apple will throw in a minor additional piece of iOS hardware at the iPhone event. I wouldn't be surprised to see some revised iPads or someting like an AppleTV (technically not iOS, but almost) in with the phones this time, because the phone release is relatively small.

I can't remember a Mac ever showing up at the iPhone event, and this isn't "just a Mac" - this is a major redesign to a major product.

I’m not sure if this counts but they announced the rMBP at 2012 WWDC alongside a new iOS and macOS/OS X.

What else would they announce alongside the 16 inch MBP? Mac Pro info...maybe new iMacs/iMac Pro? Mac Mini refresh?

justinf77

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2003
For what it's worth, I had a consultation with an Apple Business rep yesterday morning and she asked me if I was interested in purchasing computers now, or waiting until the fall when they are supposed to release the new ones...

I know this doesn't count as evidence, and she may just be getting the same information here on MacRumors, but throwing it out there as another data point.

fokmik

Suspended
Oct 28, 2016
USA
what to announce at iphone event? i mean we will get just 1 hour event...2019 ihones are not so different without any major features/design...to have 2 hours to present 3 phones its clear too much so, i think we can get the macbook pro 16" with more mac pro details

sennomulo

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2018
what to announce at iphone event? i mean we will get just 1 hour event...2019 ihones are not so different without any major features/design...to have 2 hours to present 3 phones its clear too much so, i think we can get the macbook pro 16" with more mac pro details
Aren't they refreshing iPads too? I could see them filling the time with non-iPhone non-MBP things.

TheRealAlex

macrumors 68030
Sep 2, 2015
what about an iphone pro?

iPhone Pro will be a 6.6” OLED Panel Apple is buying from Samsung (which is being used in the 2019 Note 10 Plus)
With 120Hz Promotion Refresh rate.

As you can see here some phones have already sourced this part from Samsung.

https://www.anandtech.com/show/14662/asus-announces-rog-phone-ii

It will also be 5G and have at least 8GB LPDDR5 sourced from Samsung.

https://www.samsung.com/semiconduct...b-lpddr5-mobile-dram-for-premium-smartphones/

Starting Prices will be IMO $1,300 to $1,500 for the 2020 IPhone PRO.

bionic_arm

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2019
Is there confidence that a new 13” will be coming out in October?. I thought it was just a 16”. I just placed an order for a 13” as it was only released in July but I am seeing rumours of a new one in October so I am tempted to cancel it.

MrGunnyPT

macrumors 65816
Mar 23, 2017
Is there confidence that a new 13” will be coming out in October?. I thought it was just a 16”. I just placed an order for a 13” as it was only released in July but I am seeing rumours of a new one in October so I am tempted to cancel it.

We aren't sure about anything at this point. If you need a computer buy something cheap until the new one comes out or just pull the trigger now.

bionic_arm

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2019
We aren't sure about anything at this point. If you need a computer buy something cheap until the new one comes out or just pull the trigger now.
I do need a new computer. Its just if im spending 2k plus on a laptop and new version comes out a month after, i would be pretty annoyed tbh. I had just thought that the rumours were about a new 16"model.

Its not due to be delivered until the 8th so i still have time to cancel the order. Hopefully there some news in the next two weeks.

MrGunnyPT

macrumors 65816
Mar 23, 2017
I do need a new computer. Its just if im spending 2k plus on a laptop and new version comes out a month after, i would be pretty annoyed tbh. I had just thought that the rumours were about a new 16"model.

Its not due to be delivered until the 8th so i still have time to cancel the order. Hopefully there some news in the next two weeks.

I'd just cancel and get something between 500-700 euros to do the work until the 16" or whatever comes. I wanna do the switch from the 13" 2017 to a 15"/16" but I'm waiting on a redesign since this 13 is still kicking... I'm having issues with this one because I don't have enough memory for a Windows VM with full blown apps alongside some other issues with screen size and what not.

bionic_arm

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2019
I'd just cancel and get something between 500-700 euros to do the work until the 16" or whatever comes. I wanna do the switch from the 13" 2017 to a 15"/16" but I'm waiting on a redesign since this 13 is still kicking... I'm having issues with this one because I don't have enough memory for a Windows VM with full blown apps alongside some other issues with screen size and what not.

Ahh ok. i think my use case is different from yours,. I want a 13" one. 2.8, 16gb works for me. If there is a new 16" resigned one that makes sense. It fills a gap that doesn't exist currently. fine. I will just be annoyed if there is a new 13" and 15" model aswell because then it makes no sense to buy one right now.

Zerosopher

macrumors regular
Oct 20, 2011
United Kingdom
Hopefully the rumoured increase of 0.4" in the same 15" body is not the only change.

Hopefully it is. I just returned my 15 inches 2019 as I feel it is a bit big (and heavy) and as the 16 inches rumour coming out.
If it can be fit in the same 15-inches body I will reconsider it.

morze

macrumors member
Jun 17, 2019
Hopefully it is. I just returned my 15 inches 2019 as I feel it is a bit big (and heavy) and as the 16 inches rumour coming out.

I'm talking more in terms of what else... Keyboard, touch bar removal/ update, ports, etc. Otherwise I'd just go for the 15" now. I guess we'll see...

Never mind

macrumors 65816
Oct 25, 2018
Dunedin, Florida

OK, that doesn’t make a bit of sense. You just returned a 15 inch because it was too big and heavy but if the 16 inch comes out in the same body you will considerate it. Clue me an on how this makes any sense? :confused:

Reactions: AFPBoy and benface
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.