Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

awputra

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2016
It is available for pick up in the US. I was able to order 42 mm aluminum space grey sport band and pick it up at The Grove apple store.

Attachments

• IMG_5371.PNG
    IMG_5371.PNG
    90.6 KB · Views: 197

ballpark1313

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2010
I just checked every single Watch combination here in Phoenix and nothing is available. So either everyone is sold out or it goes live at 8. Hoping live at 8

ashley1496

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2008
No dice so far in Seattle. It said unavailable for pick up all the way through 12:30 AM last night so I woke up thinking it would be 8 AM today and it's now showing as available but no stock in my area. Hoping I didn't miss it since someone in California said it went live at 6 am :(

frumpy16

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2008
I just checked every single Watch combination here in Phoenix and nothing is available. So either everyone is sold out or it goes live at 8. Hoping live at 8
I found mine about 9:05 local time. Seemed to be a single one put into stock that I got.

jerry16

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2016
across the universe
will apple store stock refresh again today? or is it 8am...sell...and thats it for the day?

Also wondering this. I suppose it comes down to - is stock updated when the store receives a shipment, or is stock updated at 8AM daily with a list of what the store can receive that day. If it is the former, than maybe we can hope for more inventory throughout the day.

circatee

Contributor
Nov 30, 2014
Georgia, USA
For kicks, I just looked at the Apple shop inventory, for Georgia. All the Series I are available in all the Apple shops in Atlanta, GA. LOL Poor planning and all that...

conklaven

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2014
Picked up my series 2 just now... only one in the store. Employee wasn't sure how it lasted from yesterday as they didn't get any shipment in over night. Mysterious single apple watch

Yuppi

Cancelled
Aug 6, 2007
I was in a store yesterday at 4pm and it was sold out, he checked the other stores, and they were sold out as well (not really surprising). But at 6am today, was able to order a black one for in store pickup. Also same store (The Grove). So maybe they did receive something over night..

awputra

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2016
I was in a store yesterday at 4pm and it was sold out, he checked the other stores, and they were sold out as well (not really surprising). But at 6am today, was able to order a black one for in store pickup. Also same store (The Grove). So maybe they did receive something over night..
Orrrr this is their sales/marketing strategy. The option is not available right now. I guess its sold out already or they keep it for tomorrow lol.

Jimpilot

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2014
No
I think it was either a marketing strategy or they just wanted to control the traffic at their stores.

I picked mine up a little while ago. There were lines for iPhone pickup and a line with two people in it for "other". Took about 30 minutes total. Watch is syncing now

milbournosphere

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2009
San Diego, CA
I didn't see any S2 models available for pickup locally via the Apple Store app at 0800 local.

I chose to trip down to the nearest Apple store regardless (it's only a few minutes from home), mainly to try on the two sizes and make a decision on Aluminum vs SS.

The only Series 2 watches they had in stock were all 38mm Gold or Rose Gold. The sales guy helping me out suggested continuing to check out availability, as their shipment quantities have been kind of spotty. He indicated that inventories should stabilize within a week or two.

ashley1496

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2008
So has anyone experienced seeing on available for in-store pick up at your local store than physically going into the store and them having stock? I really don't want to go all away down there if they don't have any but wondering if they do save some that they don't put available for in-store pick up?

Reactions: PCtoMAC1

awputra

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2016
Hey have u got any email for pick up? Its been an hour after they open their store, but i havent got the email.

dgdosen

macrumors 68030
Dec 13, 2003
Seattle
I'm showing the pickup option available, but no stores in Seattle have the watch I want in stock. Maybe that will be rectified in a few days.

conklaven

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2014
Hey have u got any email for pick up? Its been an hour after they open their store, but i havent got the email.
I ordered for pick up at 8:01am and got the ready for pick up notice at 9:35... 25 mins before store opened.

PCtoMAC1

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2012
So has anyone experienced seeing on available for in-store pick up at your local store than physically going into the store and them having stock? I really don't want to go all away down there if they don't have any but wondering if they do save some that they don't put available for in-store pick up?
I'd like to know this as well.

car__bomb

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2016
If anyone's interested: 5 hours round trip from Edison NJ to Brooklyn. Included a stop to Spumoni Gardens though. But traffic was horrendous and parking was a B. If anyone saw my earlier posts, I got maybe the second to last watch avail today anywhere in my range. 42 Rose gold and orange. Associate was shocked I drove 1.5 hours from NJ...hmmm. Store was a madhouse but I was out in less than 10 mins. I did ask in passing if they had any other watches and they said no. I'm digging the rose, orange is meh but not terrible for now. Guess I'll have to see if I want to keep the rose or return for the silver when it comes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.