Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

johngwheeler

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2010
I come from a land down-under...
In store pick-up wasn't an option in Australia on or before launch day, although this may have changed now. I queued up for 20 minutes and got one in store (Sport, space grey, nylon strap). It's a nice looking device, and I'm having fund exploring its capabilities :)

cc1013

macrumors member
Dec 5, 2010
Does anyone know what time the inventory system will be updated tonight/tomorrow morning for reservations?

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009
There is still not a single model available in northern NJ.

Yeah I'm not finding anything in NNJ at all. WTF did these sell out, or have limited inventory? Hoping to score a stainless one, but am stuck between the silver SS or black SS.

Bmf79

macrumors member
Mar 21, 2011
Keep checking all sites. I just posted in the BB preorder thread. I found an SBSS 42mm S2 at BB this evening. Only had one in store. Good luck!

bunnicula

macrumors 68040
Jul 23, 2008
How long does it usually take to go from processing to available for pick up? its 9am here and store doesn't open till 10am
[doublepost=1474120960][/doublepost]

I am thinking of doing the same thing as I have a woven band on order. Would much prefer that.

The only thing I am worried about are little scratches or something happening to the watch. How closely do they inspect the watch when returning?

Not terribly close. Just don't scratch it all to pieces. ;)

ballpark1313

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2010
swung by the apple store here in phoenix and asked about their apple watch stock today. They said they had a pretty good stock and didn't completely sell out until around 3. Said they had a lot of the 38mm today. I checked the availability most of the day and the apple website never said they had any in stock. So walking into the store seems like the best bet

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
swung by the apple store here in phoenix and asked about their apple watch stock today. They said they had a pretty good stock and didn't completely sell out until around 3. Said they had a lot of the 38mm today. I checked the availability most of the day and the apple website never said they had any in stock. So walking into the store seems like the best bet

Which Apple Store is this?

Doesn't make sense that the site shows unavailable whereas walking into the store a rep tells you there available. I'd rather be sure they are available instead of going out on a whim.

Reactions: circatee

SLM9555

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2012
This past Friday around 2 pm went to an Apple Store in San Diego, no series 2 in stock I was told. Then yesterday early morning I went online and reserved one for store pick up at that very same store and got the watch.

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
This past Friday around 2 pm went to an Apple Store in San Diego, no series 2 in stock I was told. Then yesterday early morning I went online and reserved one for store pick up at that very same store and got the watch.

Early morning? Do you know what time was that? Just trying to get a better understanding when to check for stock.

macfanrutler

macrumors regular
Jun 13, 2010
NJ
Still not finding anything in Northern New Jersey. I would much rather order it and go pick it up then take a needless trip to the store only to find out they don't have what I want.

bunnicula

macrumors 68040
Jul 23, 2008
Still not finding anything in Northern New Jersey. I would much rather order it and go pick it up then take a needless trip to the store only to find out they don't have what I want.

They won't have any new stock show up online today. No Sunday deliveries.

Not really sure about Monday. Apple deliveries used to be Tuesday-Saturday.

macfanrutler

macrumors regular
Jun 13, 2010
NJ
They won't have any new stock show up online today. No Sunday deliveries.

Not really sure about Monday. Apple deliveries used to be Tuesday-Saturday.

I have seen Sunday deliveries on launch weekends. At least for iPhones not necessarily for the Apple Watch. It also never showed any stock yesterday (Saturday) either so it's possible that they are just really short and leaving everything to walk in customers.

ballpark1313

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2010
Which Apple Store is this?

Doesn't make sense that the site shows unavailable whereas walking into the store a rep tells you there available. I'd rather be sure they are available instead of going out on a whim.
It was the Apple Store at arrowhead mall

bunnicula

macrumors 68040
Jul 23, 2008
I have seen Sunday deliveries on launch weekends. At least for iPhones not necessarily for the Apple Watch. It also never showed any stock yesterday (Saturday) either so it's possible that they are just really short and leaving everything to walk in customers.

They told me in store today that they're getting shipments every day except Sundays. So, there might be stock tomorrow. :)

ashley1496

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2008
Is track by reference always your phone number with apple.com orders? My Apple Watch changed from preparing to ship today. Eek!

kevin_tron_taco

macrumors member
Mar 9, 2016
Burbank, CA
I've found the 42mm space black series 2 I've been looking for. Can't order for pick up but showing as in stock at a store near me. Going to go really early in the am and see if I can be the first one there to pick it up. Obviously not going to mention which retailer or location since I don't want competition!

Ssunbrn

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2010
I've found the 42mm space black series 2 I've been looking for. Can't order for pick up but showing as in stock at a store near me. Going to go really early in the am and see if I can be the first one there to pick it up. Obviously not going to mention which retailer or location since I don't want competition!

how are you checking the store inventory? I've been selecting my desired model/configuration and then clicking see more stores under "pick up". I have never seen anything besides unavailable. Thanks and good luck!

blwade

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2014
how are you checking the store inventory? I've been selecting my desired model/configuration and then clicking see more stores under "pick up". I have never seen anything besides unavailable. Thanks and good luck!

I've been doing the same.. checked at 12 am, at 6 am, at 8 am... I was originally undecided about the watch on pre order day.. I went to the store to check them out on Saturday. Picked the one I wanted... now I'm just trying to decide betweeen ordering or finding in stock... I've been checking the Best Buy, Apple, and Target apps to no avail.

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
I've been doing the same.. checked at 12 am, at 6 am, at 8 am... I was originally undecided about the watch on pre order day.. I went to the store to check them out on Saturday. Picked the one I wanted... now I'm just trying to decide betweeen ordering or finding in stock... I've been checking the Best Buy, Apple, and Target apps to no avail.

Which Apple Watch have you decided on? I believe the Series 2 Sports Watch will be better stocked compared to the SS's of the Series 2.

I just checked Best Buy and they still have stock of the original Apple Watch.

blwade

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2014
I don't see a single series 2 showing available at my local Apple Store... I guess I can try calling around lunch and run over there on my break if they have stock.
[doublepost=1474287757][/doublepost]
Which Apple Watch have you decided on? I believe the Series 2 Sports Watch will be better stocked compared to the SS's of the Series 2.

I just checked Best Buy and they still have stock of the original Apple Watch.

I'm looking for series 2 space gray 42 mm... funny enough, my Best Buy actually has stock of series 2 SSSB.. I'm just not ready to pay that much for it.

PCtoMAC1

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2012
I'm trying all day and NOTHING. This launch is ridiculous! I'm still waiting on my Best Buy order.

Reactions: PTVMan

Molson1020

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2009
Just found one at a Target location near me. Selected IN STORE PICKUP. Hopefully it's legit and isn't a mix up with the original AW.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.