Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blwade

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2014
Check Best Buy online "Pick Up Today" option and search via zip code. I just went on my lunch break and found a 42mm Space Gray series 2. The employees didn't think they had stock of them but low and behold they did.

I have been :( Best Buy, Apple, Target... still no luck in my area.

wverveer

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2009
Hello can someone help me? I'm
In Alabama, Nashville, pensacola and i'm a tourist from Holland looping for 42 Apple watch2

Apple store huntsville has nothing and says no possible to buy a watch2 this week

PCtoMAC1

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2012
Hello can someone help me? I'm
In Alabama, Nashville, pensacola and i'm a tourist from Holland looping for 42 Apple watch2

Apple store huntsville has nothing and says no possible to buy a watch2 this week
Which one are you looking for?

MBHockey

macrumors 601
Oct 4, 2003
Connecticut
Looks like they have 4 more in stock according to the website. I was in the area yesterday and didn't think to check....too far away now.

Yeah, i live in manhattan, so it's over an hour to get there on the subway for me. Would never have thought to check this target if not for the post. But i'll have some time tomorrow night to pick it up. Apparently they hold it for 4 days.

bumble_bee

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2016
I'm in Cincinnati and I've been checking BB, Target and the Apple Store. Nothing besides Series 1 in black aluminum...

Literally there are absolutely no watches in this area! I've looked as far south as Lexington/Louisville and all the way up north to Columbus/Indy...absolutely no luck :(

kevin_tron_taco

macrumors member
Mar 9, 2016
Burbank, CA
Check Best Buy online "Pick Up Today" option and search via zip code. I just went on my lunch break and found a 42mm Space Gray series 2. The employees didn't think they had stock of them but low and behold they did.

This is what I did and picked up a Space Black 42mm Series 2 at the best buy near me. They had two in stock and were the only store in LA that had them.

JCFIVE2

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2016
This is what I did and picked up a Space Black 42mm Series 2 at the best buy near me. They had two in stock and were the only store in LA that had them.

Which store did you go to Im from LA i keep refreshing that page on best buy every 5 mins lol

blwade

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2014
Anyone know what shipment times are really like for the watch? Tempted to just order the thing... can't find it in stock around me. Looking for 42 mm space gray.

leenak

macrumors 68020
Mar 10, 2011
The 'check availability' thing shows my 12 closest apple stores and none of them have the 3 versions of watch I was considering. (Although one of the closest stores is 45-60 minutes away, I aint driving that far)

profets

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
Crazy how little to no stock there's been at Apple stores. I had a Series 2 delivered on launch day, but have been trying to watch for pickup options for my brother who's been hoping to get one. No luck so far.

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
Crazy how little to no stock there's been at Apple stores. I had a Series 2 delivered on launch day, but have been trying to watch for pickup options for my brother who's been hoping to get one. No luck so far.
Yeah, they are definitely scarce right now. I was checking 8am and noon. Luckily I found one around noon yesterday.

They had the SG 42MM Sport & SB SS 42MM w/ Milanese Loop. They sold out quickly. So, even when they come available.. they sell out fast.

Reactions: profets

bunnicula

macrumors 68040
Jul 23, 2008
Yeah, they are definitely scarce right now. I was checking 8am and noon. Luckily I found one around noon yesterday.

They had the SG 42MM Sport & SB SS 42MM w/ Milanese Loop. They sold out quickly. So, even when they come available.. they sell out fast.

I swapped my 38MM SB SS Milanese yesterday for a 42MM of the same configuration.

I'm really not feeling the SS watch this time around. The watch is noticeably heavier and it feels more like the sensor area is digging into my wrist. I think I want the Sport, but it's like looking for a needle in a haystack.

I am going to just give up and order a sport here soon and return the 42MM SB SS Milanese. Pretty watch, just not for me.
[doublepost=1474380516][/doublepost]
Where do I find this pick up today option for best buy?

Search "Apple Watch Series 2" in the search bar. Choose the tab for "Pick Up Today" from the search results.

Mine shows 4 of them, but they are all actually Series 1.

Reactions: SLM9555 and profets

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
I swapped my 38MM SB SS Milanese yesterday for a 42MM of the same configuration.

I'm really not feeling the SS watch this time around. The watch is noticeably heavier and it feels more like the sensor area is digging into my wrist. I think I want the Sport, but it's like looking for a needle in a haystack.

I am going to just give up and order a sport here soon and return the 42MM SB SS Milanese. Pretty watch, just not for me.

Well, the Series 2 is somewhat bigger due to the battery... I assume they have to do that with the added GPS on board. I was really looking to get that 42MM SB SS Milanese... but that price! I don't know. I settled on the SG Sport, I believe those are going to be the most popular out of the Series 2 options.

bunnicula

macrumors 68040
Jul 23, 2008
Well, the Series 2 is somewhat bigger due to the battery... I assume they have to do that with the added GPS on board. I was really looking to get that 42MM SB SS Milanese... but that price! I don't know. I settled on the SG Sport, I believe those are going to be the most popular out of the Series 2 options.

I believe you are correct. I was willing to give it a try, but my girl wrists cannot take the heaviness plus the bulk of the new sensor, so that Sport is looking veryyyy attractive. Plus? Costs less.

Reactions: profets

profets

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009

Very interesting to see someone else notice this. I used the original watch since 4/24/15, and now the Series 2 since Friday (both SS). I love the original, size/weight didn't bother me at all. But the Series 2 I found noticeable right away. And when wearing sport & nylon bands, the specific hole that gave a perfectly snug (but not too tight) fit now feels too tight, and actually causes a bit of pain the way the sensor area is being pulled down onto my wrist/forearm. I find myself adjust it like crazy. When I go to the next hole to make it a bit looser, it feels too loose. I think what's happened is that with it getting thicker, the band connects to the watch at the same spot relative to the screen/top, making the additional thickness pushed below compared to the original watch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.