Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
I'm looking for series 2 space gray 42 mm... funny enough, my Best Buy actually has stock of series 2 SSSB.. I'm just not ready to pay that much for it.

Very odd.

Best Buy shows Preorder for the Series 2 SSSB 42mm. Doesn't give the option of shipping or pick up.

Deputydog

macrumors newbie
Aug 21, 2004
Just ordered a Series 2 aluminum 42mm Space Gray for pickup at a target near me. Hopefully they acually have it in stock.

blwade

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2014
Very odd.

Best Buy shows Preorder for the Series 2 SSSB 42mm. Doesn't give the option of shipping or pick up.

Can come to Greenville, SC and get it! ;)

Attachments

• IMG_4769.PNG
    IMG_4769.PNG
    895 KB · Views: 201
Reactions: kevin_tron_taco

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
Can come to Greenville, SC and get it! ;)

I'm using the website. Maybe that's why it's not showing up.

Still no signs of any Series 2 at Apple stores.. but there's plenty of Series 1. I don't understand Apple... The demand is in the Series 2 models not the Series 1.

If anything they should prioritize manufacturing the Series 2 over the Series 1. Those Series 1 models are available everywhere yet no sign of the Series 2.

kilcher

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2011
I'm using the website. Maybe that's why it's not showing up.

Still no signs of any Series 2 at Apple stores.. but there's plenty of Series 1. I don't understand Apple... The demand is in the Series 2 models not the Series 1.

If anything they should prioritize manufacturing the Series 2 over the Series 1. Those Series 1 models are available everywhere yet no sign of the Series 2.

I'm guessing Series 1 was easier to transition over and stockpile since it's basically the S0 w/ new processor. I would think they've had more time to build that stock. And it's probably not much of a stretch to say the S2 is in far more demand than the S1, that may make it seem like there's way more S1's when in reality just not as many are being purchased and they're sitting in stores longer.

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
I'm guessing Series 1 was easier to transition over and stockpile since it's basically the S0 w/ new processor. I would think they've had more time to build that stock. And it's probably not much of a stretch to say the S2 is in far more demand than the S1, that may make it seem like there's way more S1's when in reality just not as many are being purchased and they're sitting in stores longer.

I understand that the possibilities of the Series 1 being easier to transition over.

But my point being is I'd rather them put time & effort producing the Series 2 over the Series 1. Regardless if the Series 1 is easier to produce. Reason I say that... other retailers are still selling the original models even refurbished models.

PCtoMAC1

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2012
I'm in Cincinnati and I've been checking BB, Target and the Apple Store. Nothing besides Series 1 in black aluminum...

bunnicula

macrumors 68040
Jul 23, 2008
I picked up a Series 2 38MM SB SS Milanese at one of our local Apple Stores yesterday. But, really, I know I will not wind up liking the 38MM, because I'm used to my 42MM.

Still, I wanted to try it out. Maybe I'll like it, maybe I'll trade it for a 42MM when they show up. I'm not even sure which version I want. I'm tempted to go Sport this time (I have SS Series 0). I let this 38MM sit all day long at the store before I decided to buy it, just in case someone was desperate for this model.

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
I let this 38MM sit all day long at the store before I decided to buy it, just in case someone was desperate for this model.

38mm doesn't get much love.

Find it kind of odd. Since it's cheaper of the two to buy. I don't the battery life is not that much of a difference compared to the 42mm.

But then pressing your targets on that screen be of concern. I never actually tried out the 38mm.

Seamaster

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2003
I've been in to my local Apple Store today and they're quoting the same times as the website, "three to five weeks".

bunnicula

macrumors 68040
Jul 23, 2008
38mm doesn't get much love.

Find it kind of odd. Since it's cheaper of the two to buy. I don't the battery life is not that much of a difference compared to the 42mm.

But then pressing your targets on that screen be of concern. I never actually tried out the 38mm.

I started out with a 38MM for my first AW. It was a 38MM SS Milanese. I went through a few trying to find the right band, then realized that I liked the 42MM better because the screen was larger.

I didn't really have that huge a problem pressing my targets, but I have small hands.

I do like that the 38MM isn't quite so large on my arm. Looks a bit more like a fashion piece on my wee, girly arms.

:)

I'll open this one here in a bit and give it a look. I've never had battery issues with my 42MM and of the 4 AW wearers in this house, 2 of them are 38MM AW wearers who don't have battery issues, and this new series has a better battery life, so we shall see.

I do think that the down side would be that I have a ton of bands for my 42MM, so a 42MM would be best from the interchangeability perspective.

blwade

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2014
Thanks for pointing out - I called asking if someone could put their hands on it. They checked for like 10 min while I was on hold, and could not find it.

Sorry about that! Apparently the sites can't be trusted...

MBHockey

macrumors 601
Oct 4, 2003
Connecticut
UPDATE

So it turns out Target had AW2s in stock! Picked up a Space Gray Aluminum with Black Sports Band. This was in Brooklyn, NY.

Thanks for the heads up!! Also in NYC. I just ordered it online (same model as you) for pickup in Brooklyn (multiple BK targets have a couple in stock according to the online inventory checker). It charged my credit card, so hopefully it's actually in stock!

Already went to my nearby Apple Store this morning and they basically laughed at me with a "we have no idea when it's going to be in stock here"

Molson1020

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2009
Thanks for the heads up!! Also in NYC. I just ordered it online (same model as you) for pickup in Brooklyn (multiple BK targets have a couple in stock according to the online inventory checker). It charged my credit card, so hopefully it's actually in stock!

Already went to my nearby Apple Store this morning and they basically laughed at me with a "we have no idea when it's going to be in stock here"

I picked mine up at the Gateway Mall location. Of course it was pouring rain outside and I didn't have an umbrella. Yay waterproof Apple Watch!

rdavis41

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2009
Check Best Buy online "Pick Up Today" option and search via zip code. I just went on my lunch break and found a 42mm Space Gray series 2. The employees didn't think they had stock of them but low and behold they did.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.