Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

neilrajan1794

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2023
My weather and sunset/sunrise has worked all day, been in multiple different locations today also.

Strange how it still isn’t working for some.

584a43e124b83b8b656d6c40c7b884c1.jpg
all the smaller circular weather complications seem to work for me , but the larger hourly weather widgets keep saying ''loading weather'' ..weather widgets in the smart stack too keep saying ''loading weather'' and rarely show any real weather info..

Mrrikki

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2010
all the smaller circular weather complications seem to work for me , but the larger hourly weather widgets keep saying ''loading weather'' ..weather widgets in the smart stack too keep saying ''loading weather'' and rarely show any real weather info..

They are working for me also. Very weird.

sidewinder3000

macrumors 65816
Jan 29, 2010
Chicagoland
I posted this in another thread: This starting happening on my S7 after I installed watchOS 10. I reset twice, did the update, nothing. After a lot of troubleshooting, I went to my iPhone settings > weather > location: always. And that seems to have fixed the issue for me.
Hey bookcase, this seems to have worked for me! Thank you for taking the time to participate in this forum and post an answer. I’ve looked everywhere a you are the only one who seems to know a fix.

[UPDATE] It worked for a few hours, but then reverted back to the temperature being displayed as — . Occasionally works and then goes away. Still no permanent fix.]

Last edited:
Reactions: arc of the universe

MikeMcCollister

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 14, 2021
Charlottesville, Virginia
I just got an Apple Watch Series 9 to replace my Series 5. It is now running watchOS 10.0.2 and the weather complications are worse on the Series 9. My rain and my temperature are now showing dashes instead of just the rain. Also, the weather widget shows "Loading Weather", which did not happen on my series 5.

Hopefully a fix soon.

Reactions: Craiguyver

Spenny25

macrumors newbie
Mar 25, 2016
UK
I just got an Apple Watch Series 9 to replace my Series 5. It is now running watchOS 10.0.2 and the weather complications are worse on the Series 9. My rain and my temperature are now showing dashes instead of just the rain. Also, the weather widget shows "Loading Weather", which did not happen on my series 5.

Hopefully a fix soon.
Try the turning off of location services on your iPhone for about a minute and then turn it back on as per below, solved it on my Series 7 which I set up from scratch with my phone. Been working flawlessly for almost a week now.
I just turned off location services for everything on my phone, and re-enabled it a minute later. Since then, weather on watch has been fine.

Reactions: MrGimper

GlenK

macrumors 65816
Aug 1, 2013
St. Augustine, FL
Something strange on my S9 happened this morning. Had just finished a walk and asked siri to end workout. It ended and my watch flickered for just a second and when it came back on it went to a face I hadn't used in months and it replaced my Modular face that's my #1 face. Also had 4 old iMessages from last December pop up and go back to unread. (messages showed up as unread on my iPhone too)

Took care of the messages and deleted the watch face and moved another Modular face that I always have as a back up just in case into the #1 position. Restarted the watch and it's worked fine since, about 3 hours. No idea what happened.

Spenny25

macrumors newbie
Mar 25, 2016
UK
I tried that and just tried it again for over a minute with no fix. Drat!
Oh, that's a shame....seems weird that some fixes work for some and not for others. I had tried the full reset or location and privacy suggested by others on the thread previously and that didn't work, but turning off location services on my phone and turning it back one about a minute later did 🤷‍♂️.

To be honest, most of these 'fixes' appear to be workarounds and to sort it totally it seems a patch from Apple will be required.

Hope it gets sorted soon!

Last edited:
Reactions: neilrajan1794

dealmaker

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2010
I have tried rebooting both devices (Iphine 15 Pro Max and Ultra 2 iWatch) several times.

I have tried the two suggestions Apple fixes....and nothing works.

I have no weather data - not Temperature/Rain?UV Index etc - so three of my Complicaitons on the watch are useless right now!

Are there any other suggested fixes ?? Bizarrely it did work when I first sett the arch up - and then I did get it to work briefly by changing all the complications around and re-loading - but after half and hour or so it reverts to "--" in all the weather complications .....Arghhhhh

cwanja

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
Texas
I tried that and just tried it again for over a minute with no fix. Drat!
Oh, that's a shame....seems weird that some fixes work for some and not for others. I had tried the full reset suggested by others on the thread and that didn't work but the turning off and on of location services did 🤷‍♂️.

To be honest, most of these 'fixes' appear to be workarounds and to sort it totally it seems a patch from Apple will be required.

Hope it gets sorted soon!
It is the least desirable option, but have you tried resetting privacy and locating settings?
Are there any other suggested fixes ?? Bizarrely it did work when I first sett the arch up - and then I did get it to work briefly by changing all the complications around and re-loading - but after half and hour or so it reverts to "--" in all the weather complications .....Arghhhhh
See above.

Reactions: sidewinder3000

pschofie

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2023
I have a similar problem and my compass app is not showing Lat/Long I think all of this is related to a locations services bug, but I can't be sure, I have a new Watch Ultra 2 and it is running 10.0.2 went to Apple yesterday and they thought it was a GPS issue and they replaced the watch still exactly the same problem...

sidewinder3000

macrumors 65816
Jan 29, 2010
Chicagoland
Hey bookcase, this seems to have worked for me! Thank you for taking the time to participate in this forum and post an answer. I’ve looked everywhere a you are the only one who seems to know a fix.

Is there any way to advance this answer up to the top so everyone sees it as one viable solution?
UPDATE: It did work… for a while. Now, instead of the problem happening all the time, it’s happening on and off. Maybe 75% of the time. Frustrating to not be able to find a permanent fix yet. If anyone finds anything else that helps, I’m all ears.

neilrajan1794

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2023
UPDATE: It did work… for a while. Now, instead of the problem happening all the time, it’s happening on and off. Maybe 75% of the time. Frustrating to not be able to find a permanent fix yet. If anyone finds anything else that helps, I’m all ears.
i've tried every possible fix but unfortunately so far all of these supposed ''fixes'' are only temporary ..i really hope apple releases an update to fix this as soon as possible

Reactions: Debauch

Mrrikki

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2010
i've tried every possible fix but unfortunately so far all of these supposed ''fixes'' are only temporary ..i really hope apple releases an update to fix this as soon as possible

Mine is still working since the latest update. Really weird how for some it worked and others not.

pschofie

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2023
It's fixed you need to reset location and privacy preference on the iPhone, all working perfectly now.

jtara

macrumors 68020
Mar 23, 2009
I upgraded from a Watch 6 to Ultra 2. As well, from iPhone 12 Pro Max to 15 Pro Max. And switched from ATT to Verizon. So, thought this had something to do with my "it's complicated" situation.

I'm seeing the same thing. More often than not I get dashes. Sometimes though I get values. Sometimes I will see values if I switch to another face. Sometimes when I switch back to the first face, I get values. Sometimes not.

If I tap on the complication, I do get weather data. And sometimes when I go back to the face then I get values. And then I'll glance at the watch later, and no values.

Given the number of responses, here, I suggest:

"It's broken".

10.0.2 on Watch Ultra 2.

Think I'll be spending more time here again. Google search is another thing broken - that is, across the board, not related to iOS. They've been punked by low-quality content-mills, and so if you search for any solutions for iOS problems, you just get badly-written, barely-comprehensible inaccurate junk. And I don't think Google is able to solve it.

But glad it nudged me to come back to where I can get some answers!

jtara

macrumors 68020
Mar 23, 2009
It's fixed you need to reset location and privacy preference on the iPhone, all working perfectly now.
I did see that somewhere. Sounds scary though, LOL. And then what I pain to re-do all privacy preferences.

I did already (post 10.0.2) do a FULL reset. It was necessary to get the Verizon line working. I'd set it up stand-alone when it arrived before the phone. Couldn't load the eSim until it was reset. I didn't mind a reset in that case, since I'd just been lightly familiarizing myself.

cwanja

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
Texas
I did see that somewhere. Sounds scary though, LOL. And then what I pain to re-do all privacy preferences.
No truly "scary", just a resetting of settings. And I took it as a good time to purge those privacy settings and verify my desired settings for each app.

Have you tried the less invasive option, setting Weather location to "Always" and see if that resolves your issue?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.