Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

neilrajan1794

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2023
Fixed it on my S9 watch.
can you check if your weather widgets whose default location is set to ''current location'' on the smart stack is working properly now ? i hope you didnt encounter the ''loading weather'' message on the smart stack weather widget

neilrajan1794

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2023
It seems to have fixed it for me. I have a S9
is your default location for weather set to ''current location '' ? if so , can you please check if the weather widget on smart stack is working properly and not saying ''loading weather'' anymore ? this is the only bug remaining on my device for now :(

HiVolt

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2008
Toronto, Canada
I was seeing the very same thing. It would display for a few seconds when rebooting. It also displayed a few seconds after deleting and reinstalling the app on the Watch (using App Store on Watch), so I had given up. But the location reset did the trick and it’s been fine for more than 24 hours. 🤞
Yeah the location reset fixed it. oddly enough the rain complication has worked since then too.

Only pain is i have to grant permission to everything I open on the iPhone now. I wish the location permissions could have been reset for the watch only.

Reactions: CharlesShaw

spook

macrumors regular
Jan 3, 2004
Not noticed the weather, but for me the heart rate doesn’t update. It says ## 36 mins ago. You press it and go to the app it has reading several minutes before.

Mrrikki

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2010
Just traveled from Bristol to Cardiff and it is still working and showing the weather for Cardiff.

Very happy!

Mrrikki

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2010
can you check if your weather widgets whose default location is set to ''current location'' on the smart stack is working properly now ? i hope you didnt encounter the ''loading weather'' message on the smart stack weather widget

Working fine :)

Salve

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2023
Unfortunately, the update 10.0.2 has not yet completely solved the sunset/sunrise problem. The ad in the complication appears, then goes away and comes back again. Now unfortunately it's gone again...

Diopter

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2023
The first option didn't work for me. There is also still no option for "current location" in Settings > Weather > Default City.

If I do the section option, "Reset Location & Privacy", I guess that's going to clear all of the iPhone's settings for apps' permissions to access photos, camera, microphone, contacts, reminders, health ... ? I think it will and I have a lot of options set across a lot of apps, so maybe I'll just wait and see if the next update fixes it before having to waste the time doing that.

Mrrikki

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2010
Unfortunately, the update 10.0.2 has not yet completely solved the sunset/sunrise problem. The ad in the complication appears, then goes away and comes back again. Now unfortunately it's gone again...

Sunrise and sunset is now working in mine. Weird how the update has worked for some and not for others.

rbart

macrumors 65816
Nov 3, 2013
France
The first option didn't work for me. There is also still no option for "current location" in Settings > Weather > Default City.

If I do the section option, "Reset Location & Privacy", I guess that's going to clear all of the iPhone's settings for apps' permissions to access photos, camera, microphone, contacts, reminders, health ... ? I think it will and I have a lot of options set across a lot of apps, so maybe I'll just wait and see if the next update fixes it before having to waste the time doing that.
I think authorizations are corrupted for a lot of apps when you notice this minor problem with weather.
Not sure an update can fix that without resetting this.

Aerofly

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2022
Since resetting ‘location services’ and switching to ‘always’ yesterday afternoon the weather app has worked flawlessly.

Attachments

• incoming-28269E61-4418-4C38-BA83-2315BDD2808E.png
    incoming-28269E61-4418-4C38-BA83-2315BDD2808E.png
    91.4 KB · Views: 63

Salve

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2023

Make it. This is the only way in this time to get „current location“ back in your settings.
And it works.

Reactions: rbart

Salve

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2023
If the complication shows sunset/sunrise display --/--, then the following steps will help me for some time:
1. Double-click on the crown and close the world clock app
2. Activate the WLAN on the watch. The iPhone and watch do not need to be connected to an actual Wi-Fi network
3. Start the World Clock app and exit the app

The Sunset/Sunrise complication will then appear again.

4. Switch off WiFi again.

This helps for a while, but constantly turning on the WiFi cannot be a permanent solution. And not this way either...

macrophage1

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2014
If the complication shows sunset/sunrise display --/--, then the following steps will help me for some time:
1. Double-click on the crown and close the world clock app
2. Activate the WLAN on the watch. The iPhone and watch do not need to be connected to an actual Wi-Fi network
3. Start the World Clock app and exit the app

The Sunset/Sunrise complication will then appear again.

4. Switch off WiFi again.

This helps for a while, but constantly turning on the WiFi cannot be a permanent solution. And not this way either...

macrophage1

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2014
It seems to be a problem in the smart stacks. I removed all the widgets and not only did I get the temperature on my watch face my battery usage is much less.

I’ll finish the experiment soon by adding back the widgets and seeing if the problem repeats.

A quick note: I tried many of the other things that are posted and they were only short term fixes. This has been working for 12 hours.

Reactions: neilrajan1794

Spenny25

macrumors newbie
Mar 25, 2016
UK
I just turned off location services for everything on my phone, and re-enabled it a minute later. Since then, weather on watch has been fine.
This Works, and doesn't mess with your other location/privacy settings!

Tried the other fixes on 2no watches and they start playing up after a short while......however did the above a couple of days ago and it has been fine ever since. Even after rebooting and traveling around to different locations.

Reactions: cwanja

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
This Works, and doesn't mess with your other location/privacy settings!

Tried the other fixes on 2no watches and they start playing up after a short while......however did the above a couple of days ago and it has been fine ever since. Even after rebooting and traveling around to different locations.
Glad it worked for you. Mines still fine.

Reactions: Spenny25

Mrrikki

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2010
My weather and sunset/sunrise has worked all day, been in multiple different locations today also.

Strange how it still isn’t working for some.

584a43e124b83b8b656d6c40c7b884c1.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.