Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zapdoc

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2012
Weather is now working for me on AW 9 - I changed the allow location access to Always on then added another city on watch then changed the always on back to when using the app and presto it is working now showing all the cities in weather on my iphone
Fortunately still working OK here both on my S9 and S7 which hav3 latest software updates

Feek

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2009
JO01
Do what you want, you can continue to whine or apply the tip and make your weather app work.
It's your choice.
Perhaps if you read what people have said, you'll realise that it may work for a few seconds, a few minutes or a few hours. It's not a fix, it's not even close to being a fix.

MarkusH91

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2023
I have the same issue on my new Apple Watch Ultra 2 with WatchOS 10.0.1. Pretty frustrating. I had it restored from the backup of my AW 5 and the problem showed up, so I restored it completely and boot it up with no backup. It worked for a day like that but now it doesn’t show data for my weather complications again.

Frustrating…

MarkusH91

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2023
Tips that shouldn't be needed because ultimately, all they'll do is kick it back in manually for a few hours. This is a bug that's been introduced with watchOS 10. There should be no need to go in and start faffing with the location settings, it should simply just work. I'm sure it will again, it'll get resolved in an update.

It's not just the rain complication, it's anything to do with weather.
As many people as possible should report that bug at https://developer.apple.com/bug-reporting/

I just did.

Mrrikki

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2010
And now a further 4, with a phone reboot included. Still updating the weather fine.

Have you moved areas yet to a different town where the weather location would change? That’s often when these workarounds fail.

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
Have you moved areas yet to a different town where the weather location would change? That’s often when these workarounds fail.
No but when I still had the issue and it worked temporarily, it stopped working in the same location after an hour or so.

marketingbawse

macrumors member
Aug 12, 2020
I can only get the complication and weather app to work when I go to the Apple Watch Settings -> Weather and change my Default City from Current Location to another City listed.

When I tried to switch back to Current Location from the other city, it only worked temporarily.

I really hope they fix this bug asap.

audiomixer

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2007
Idaho
For me, adding a new city to the list in Weather, doing the location reset and temporarily changing the watch face did the trick. The weather complication has been working without any problems for a few days now.
So i have done these things as well again and so far current location is working.

rbart

macrumors 65816
Nov 3, 2013
France
The complete procedure is to reset Location & privacy settings, AND add and remove a city in iPhone's weather app to force city list sync to the watch.
Of course, you have to grant locations and privacy again everywhere it's required.
All people around me (and most people on this forum) have completely fixed the problem with this procedure.

neilrajan1794

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2023
Fortunately still working OK here both on my S9 and S7 which hav3 latest software updates
does the weather widget in your smart stack whose default location is set to current lcoation update in time or do you keep getting the message ''loading weather'' ? i have an s7 too and the issue i have left is when i set the weather hourly conditions widget in the middle portion of the modular watch face it keeps saying ''loading weather'' , same in the smart stack

batman75

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2010
image.jpg
I have the same issue on my new Ultra 2

Reactions: edlex

edlex

macrumors 68020
Apr 14, 2010
Miami
Same issue here. Started when I paired my Ultra to my new 15 PM on release day. Using carrot in the meantime. Hoping there’s a fix soon…

Aerofly

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2022
Someone earlier mentioned that the coordinates were missing in the ‘Compass’ app. Mine are also missing, however I also have an app called ‘Coordinates’ on the iPhone and Watch Ultra, and the coordinates are showing fine, which all points to an Apple problem.
My ‘Weather’ app problem seems to have reset for now by resetting the location services and switching to ‘always’, but like many others, I expect this to be a temporary fix until Apple implement a permanent fix.

Reactions: zinned and Mrrikki

David Knowles

macrumors regular
Oct 20, 2020

Mrrikki

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2010
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.