Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

batman75

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2010
I bought the Mophie one from The Apple Store and it worked just fine with my X last night. Compared to all the ones on Amazon it is a bit overpriced but I’d rather use one that is officially recommended by Apple than something else.

I did the same. But it was bloody expensive at $59.99 plus 8.9% sales tax in the apple store.

I need one more and considering something else.

Slowpc

macrumors 6502
May 24, 2013
Winston Salem NC
Looking for one as well with Apple Watch Mount for charger or a Qi charger for Series 3 ? Would love to get something setup for that if there is one out there.

chicagofan00

macrumors 6502
Apr 4, 2010
I did the same. But it was bloody expensive at $59.99 plus 8.9% sales tax in the apple store.

I need one more and considering something else.

Agreed. The price has kept me from buying a second one for the office. For now I’ll make due with just the lightning cable at the office.

Picapau21

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2015
Thanks. Was thinking it was the newer one at a crazy low price!
[doublepost=1509918632][/doublepost]I'm for a stand charger with a soft finish because I'm rocking the phone naked. Thinking about getting the new Samsung EP-PG950BBEGWW Wireless Fast Qi Charger but the price without a wall plug is abit rich. Also having a fan could be annoying charging at night.

No its one of the older ones I think. Although they've probably all got the same circuitry inside them from the same factory.
[doublepost=1509945992][/doublepost]
Can anyone recommend a good wireless charger for around £15?

Cheers

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wireless-C...e_desktop?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&ref_=yo_ii_img

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
This QI charger from Spigen just arrived

E8en2sM.jpg

Its the Spigen Essential F301W Universal Ultra Slim Fast Wireless Charging Pad. Perfect size for me as I use it on the bedside table. Not fully tested its charging speeds but as it's used for a overnight charger it's not really that important to me.

Looks good. I charge my phone over night as well. I got this one, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MUDQZDD/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And ordering a extra one (pad this time). I should have ordered the one you have in addition to the stand but I was too late (like I was with the Anker) and they were gone.
[doublepost=1509949932][/doublepost]
This wireless charger came in yesterday - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071GB9JYH/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I was happy it charges even with my protective case-mate bling case on....I was so impressed I ordered a second one for my bedroom. For 16 bucks not a bad deal. It will also support the fast charging next year (although you have to buy the fast charge cable for that...)

That one (like Anker and Spigen pads) is currently unavailable. They might be getting hit with iPhone X owners hence the unavailability of certain wireless chargers.

royinla14

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2011
This QI charger from Spigen just arrived

E8en2sM.jpg

Its the Spigen Essential F301W Universal Ultra Slim Fast Wireless Charging Pad. Perfect size for me as I use it on the bedside table. Not fully tested its charging speeds but as it's used for a overnight charger it's not really that important to me.
It shows as coming soon on their website? Where did you get it?

amps

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2009
Purchased a Samsung Wireless Fast Charger Model EP-PN920 and its going back. It never changes LED status to green once the phone is fully charged. I've tried leaving it sit after full charge for 30 minutes and no change, it stays blue like its charging still.

irideti

macrumors member
Dec 20, 2012
For those who bought the Mophie Wireless Charging Base. Is it normal the light stays solid after the phone is fully charged? Thanks.

ddublu

macrumors 65816
Jun 26, 2011
I have this charger (except in black) and man, does it take forever to charge. I was going to get the Mophie when I picked up my iPhone X on 11/3 but realized the max power was 7.5W with it as well. Are there any higher powered wireless chargers?

csurfr

macrumors 68020
Dec 7, 2016
Seattle, WA
Purchased a Samsung Wireless Fast Charger Model EP-PN920 and its going back. It never changes LED status to green once the phone is fully charged. I've tried leaving it sit after full charge for 30 minutes and no change, it stays blue like its charging still.

Mine does the same thing. I wonder if it’s because Samsung has something special built into their phones to tell the charger when they are done?

The question becomes (for me) Belkin or Morphie from the Apple Store today? They are the same price. One is white, one is black. Fundamentally, aren’t they the same thing?

Reactions: amps

jeblis

macrumors 6502
Jun 13, 2012

I think this is a common problem with all chargers. My Samsung one does this and people complain RavPower does as well. Hopefully apple will update how the phone says it’s done.

mrklaw

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2008
These lights mean I can’t imagine having one in my bedroom - has to be pitch black for me to sleep properly

Reactions: Craiger

michael31986

macrumors 601
Jul 11, 2008
can't you just check if its fully charged? for me the light stays constant blue on and that looks like it says its fully charged.

the green is probably for samsung only.

csurfr

macrumors 68020
Dec 7, 2016
Seattle, WA
Thanks. I could always tape it up

So this is probably super grainy since I use my iPad Pro, but here is the Mophie with the X charging on it. The light is ridiculously dim. It just looks a bit bright in the picture.

In all honesty, it is maybe 1/8th of the brightness of the Samsung charger I just returned.

BFBEEC4C-B241-4D4C-8D5A-59CB291985EB.jpeg

Reactions: mrklaw

irideti

macrumors member
Dec 20, 2012
So this is probably super grainy since I use my iPad Pro, but here is the Mophie with the X charging on it. The light is ridiculously dim. It just looks a bit bright in the picture.

In all honesty, it is maybe 1/8th of the brightness of the Samsung charger I just returned.

View attachment 733081

Does the light stay on when phone is fully charged?

rwilliams

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2009
Raleigh, NC
can't you just check if its fully charged? for me the light stays constant blue on and that looks like it says its fully charged.

the green is probably for samsung only.

That's what I'm thinking too - the green is for Samsung devices only. This charger wasn't built for iPhone compatibility, so it likely isn't receiving some sort of communication from the iPhone that charging is done. Definitely not a reason I would take it back, if it charges as advertised.

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
I wonder if Belkin and Mohpie will make a stand. Iwould really prefer a stand to a mat.

Less expensive then the two you mentioned but I got Spigen's stand. I use it to charge my X over night and it works very well. I also ordered Tech Matte's pad but then I saw the Rav pad people were mentioning here. It had great reviews so I cancelled Tech Matte's pad and getting Rav's for a second charger.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MUDQZDD/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.