Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

csurfr

macrumors 68020
Dec 7, 2016
Seattle, WA
What is driving you to return?

I picked up the RAVPower off amazon for my flat model. Should arrive later this month. Will be used around the house.

Honestly? The bright blue light. The Mophie light is so dim that it can barely be seen. The Samsung one is pretty crazy in a dark room.

That, and I had been concerned about it not showing green as a full charge prior to all of us figuring out that it was probably something specific to Samsung phones. I think I paid 38.00 for the Samsung and I dunno, 60 whatever for the Mophie. Perhaps the Samsung was the better choice. I LOVED that Face ID worked with it as you were saying. I could tap the screen look at it and boom. That was immensely valuable.

Damn you. Now I might have to keep it and return the Mophie. ;)

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
i like the idea that apple backs the Mophie and I don't mind paying for something that will last and isn't junk or cause problem with the phone. The thing holding me back about the mophie is the plug. I wish it has USB. I like to have my iPad and phone next to my bed and I have a dual USB charger to charge both.
The anker seems cool but if apple does screw us with only enabling the fast charge on the Belkin and mophie...

meanwhile i still can't pick a case and my phone is *supposed* to come on Tuesday... (first world problems i know)

Reactions: Dstopsie

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
I bought the Samsung Stand from Best Buy when it was 25% off. I use it at my desk while at work. Simply amazing and seems to charge fast enough. I have zero complaints. The phone is pure beauty and life without the home button seems right. Face ID has been working flawlessly for me.

Note: Face ID works while it is on the charger. So convenient!

View attachment 733723

Looks like a very nice wireless charger stand. :)

gatorknight904

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2011
Dallas/Ft. Worth
Honestly? The bright blue light. The Mophie light is so dim that it can barely be seen. The Samsung one is pretty crazy in a dark room.

That, and I had been concerned about it not showing green as a full charge prior to all of us figuring out that it was probably something specific to Samsung phones. I think I paid 38.00 for the Samsung and I dunno, 60 whatever for the Mophie. Perhaps the Samsung was the better choice. I LOVED that Face ID worked with it as you were saying. I could tap the screen look at it and boom. That was immensely valuable.

Damn you. Now I might have to keep it and return the Mophie. ;)

Hahahahah the blue light is bright but at $38 you can’t beat it. Face ID working is just icing on the cake. $60 is just ridiculous.

clutchm3

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2011
I bought the Samsung Stand from Best Buy when it was 25% off. I use it at my desk while at work. Simply amazing and seems to charge fast enough. I have zero complaints. The phone is pure beauty and life without the home button seems right. Face ID has been working flawlessly for me.

Note: Face ID works while it is on the charger. So convenient!

View attachment 733723
Link to amazon order this model?

walds11

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2010
Can anyone recommend a good wireless charging stand? I want to be able to rock a wireless charging stand on my desk at my office.

csurfr

macrumors 68020
Dec 7, 2016
Seattle, WA

The Afroman

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2009
Austin,Tx
So i picked up this one and it's beautiful. I didn't want a hunk of black plastic on my nightstand.. so i looked for a wooden one. Nice and dark. 3 coils, supports fast charging.

https://www.amazon.com/DISDIM-Wireless-Charger-Aluminum-Charging/dp/B01IELYV10

CbaLXND.jpg
wk99oUx.jpg

Reactions: vito

BFG86

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2011
Which adapters are y’all using with these chargers that don’t come with a power adapter? I don’t understand why I need one of those Qualcomm chargers when that technology is not in iPhones. I’d prefer to get a charger that included the adapter or just use the iPad adapter. As I understand it even the 10w iPad adapter may not be enough to give even 5 watts of wireless power. If I get a Usb-c wireless charger I wonder if the Apple 29w adapter I have will work?

The Afroman

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2009
Austin,Tx
Which adapters are y’all using with these chargers that don’t come with a power adapter? I don’t understand why I need one of those Qualcomm chargers when that technology is not in iPhones. I’d prefer to get a charger that included the adapter or just use the iPad adapter. As I understand it even the 10w iPad adapter may not be enough to give even 5 watts of wireless power. If I get a Usb-c wireless charger I wonder if the Apple 29w adapter I have will work?

I use Anker adapters. They are smart and provide more than enough power.

The Afroman

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2009
Austin,Tx
Link to the one you use/recommend?

This is for 2 ports - Anker 2-Port 24W USB Wall Charger PowerPort 2 with PowerIQ for iPhone X/ 8/ 7 / 6s / Plus, iPad Air 2 / mini 3, Galaxy S Series, Note Series, LG, Nexus, HTC and More https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LCDJ7LG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_sJ-aAbA9N00QW

This is for more ports - Anker 60W 6-Port USB Wall Charger, PowerPort 6 for iPhone X/ 8/ 7 / 6s / Plus, iPad Pro / Air 2 / mini/ iPod, Galaxy S7 / S6 / Edge / Plus, Note 5 / 4, LG, Nexus, HTC and More https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00P936188/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_YK-aAb088B69T

Reactions: clutchm3

philipsony

macrumors newbie
Aug 20, 2010
The Samsung charger does not. I don't think I've seen a post yet where anyone's charger works on the Series 3.

From the initial announcements it sounds like Apple Watch and AirPod wireless charging are Airpower exclusives.

that a pity
maybe i should just get a cheap wireless charger for now and wait for other 3rd party Airpower alternative sometime next year

tony_glasgow

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2015
UK
that a pity
maybe i should just get a cheap wireless charger for now and wait for other 3rd party Airpower alternative sometime next year

That's exactly what I've done... as there's no sign of fast charging in iOS 11.2 Beta I don't see the point of spending excessive money on a (non-Belkin/Mophie) fast charger that might not end up supported.

Here's what I'm using (without issue):

Choetech 2017 Upgraded Wireless Charger [Slide Terminator]
CHOETECH Fast Qi Wireless Charging Stand

£30 for both (at the time)!

AidenL

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2013
Ireland

tony_glasgow

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2015
UK
Do they have plugs on the lead, or do you need to supply your own?

Neither came with a USB power brick - just a microUSB cable. I use an Ankher 40W multi-USB charger next to my bed for phone + watch + iPad. On the other, just plugged it into my monitor’s USB with I think is 1A. Both seem to charge roughly 1% every 2 minutes.

You’ll struggle to find a sub £25 charger that comes with a USB plug.

Reactions: AidenL

bmac4

Suspended
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta Ga
i like the idea that apple backs the Mophie and I don't mind paying for something that will last and isn't junk or cause problem with the phone. The thing holding me back about the mophie is the plug. I wish it has USB. I like to have my iPad and phone next to my bed and I have a dual USB charger to charge both.
The anker seems cool but if apple does screw us with only enabling the fast charge on the Belkin and mophie...

meanwhile i still can't pick a case and my phone is *supposed* to come on Tuesday... (first world problems i know)
So the Mophie and Belkin are the only ones that allow fast charging wirelessly?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.