Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lucifer666

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2014
I'm using that cheap $17US Ravpower with the Apple leather case (iPhone X). Works well. Not fast charge, but it doesn't get hot, and it's cheap.

Amazon.

AnthonyG6

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2017
I picked up the 'Belkin Boost Up 15W Wireless Fast Charging Pad' at the same time as I bought my iPhone X from Dixons Travel at Heathrow on launch day! When will fast charging be enabled on the X and will that also include wireless fast charging?
[doublepost=1510056361][/doublepost]
Mophie and Belkin chargers are overpriced, you can buy any wireless charger and they will provide the same functionality. I don't want to pay £50+ for a wireless charger, that's just insane, when I can pay £15 and buy a charger that's identical in functionality (i.e same charging speed).
I got the Belkin Boost Up 15W Wireless Fast Charging Pad because I wanted peace of mind that it was good quality and wouldn't catch fire or something considering it's on my bedside cabinet with my phone charging on it overnight right next to my head. I don't know if any wireless charge pads have caught fire and paying more for something doesn't mean it won't have faults (exploding Samsung Note for example) but I'd only have myself to blame if something did happen just because I wanted to save a few dollars/pounds by getting a cheap charge pad. This is just my thinking and I'm not criticising anyone else's choices.

AppleDior31

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2014
What model did you order? I see a couple on the website? Will they all support faster charge after the update?
I got this one in white and two in black. According to the other posts as long as it can support 7w it should be ok? I’m not too worried about fast charging since we will be using them overnight anyway.

Attachments

• 4DBC4C20-C21A-4E2B-A2D7-E114942AB578.png
    4DBC4C20-C21A-4E2B-A2D7-E114942AB578.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 324

i007

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2010
Tri-State
I got this one in white and two in black. According to the other posts as long as it can support 7w it should be ok? I’m not too worried about fast charging since we will be using them overnight anyway.
I’m not really that worried ethier. That’s a good deal though.

AidenL

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2013
Ireland
Are the Anker chargers decent?

I guess you need 12w chargers from Apple to make them work at the new 7.5 watt standard?
[doublepost=1510074206][/doublepost]
I picked up the 'Belkin Boost Up 15W Wireless Fast Charging Pad' at the same time as I bought my iPhone X from Dixons Travel at Heathrow on launch day! When will fast charging be enabled on the X and will that also include wireless fast charging?
[doublepost=1510056361][/doublepost]
I got the Belkin Boost Up 15W Wireless Fast Charging Pad because I wanted peace of mind that it was good quality and wouldn't catch fire or something considering it's on my bedside cabinet with my phone charging on it overnight right next to my head. I don't know if any wireless charge pads have caught fire and paying more for something doesn't mean it won't have faults (exploding Samsung Note for example) but I'd only have myself to blame if something did happen just because I wanted to save a few dollars/pounds by getting a cheap charge pad. This is just my thinking and I'm not criticising anyone else's choices.
Thats a concern I have. I remember a case here where a student was sadly caught and died in a house fire due to a cheap charger. Its something which drives me to overspending to hopefully be confident on safety, same as you are doing I think.

Stylnator

macrumors member
Oct 27, 2017
Can someone please tell me if wireless chargers can support the iPhone X's fast charging ability? If not, there's no reason to buy one - I'd rather just buy the USB C adapter and cable

hamiltonrwatch

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2014
slightly right of left
Add me to the Ikea camp. I purchased two of these for $19.99 ea. Not "Fast Charging" but they charge my X & 8+ quickly. Beautiful solid birch bezel, a recessed USB port on the front, and non-slip rubber feat. Comes with a 6 ft. cord & AC adapter. Fit & finish on both belied their price-points.

Screenshot-2017-11-7 NORDMÄRKE Single pad for wireless charging - IKEA.png
Screenshot-2017-11-7 NORDMÄRKE Single pad for wireless charging - IKEA(1).png

Last edited:

tecnho

macrumors 6502
Apr 13, 2015
I put an order in for what used to be the cheaper RAVPower (it is out of stock on Amazon and the price has considerably jumped for pre-orders). Luckily I was able to roll the dice on one of the last remaining cheap eBay listings.

Reactions: AJsAWiz

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio

The ad states $49.99 (was $59.99).
$59.99 - 25% = $44.99 and
$49.99 - 25% = $37.49
How did you get these for $33 each?
[doublepost=1510120030][/doublepost]
Add me to the Ikea camp. I purchased two of these for $19.99 ea. Not "Fast Charging" but they charge my X & 8+ quickly. Beautiful solid birch bezel, a recessed USB port on the front, and non-slip rubber feat. Comes with a 6 ft. cord & AC adapter. Fit & finish on both belied their price-points.

View attachment 733528 View attachment 733529

Fast charging isn't currently available for iPhones any way. Those look really cool. :cool:

horatiub

macrumors member
Jun 29, 2007
I have just pulled the trigger on the RavPower fast charger. Good reviews and well priced. Apparently it works even with an Apple leather case fitted to the phone

Which one did you get? I still see some listed on Amazon at $49. Was it cheaper before?

sparkytechwire

macrumors member
Oct 26, 2011
Swindon, UK
Which one did you get? I still see some listed on Amazon at $49. Was it cheaper before?
In the UK that one was £35 before the iPhone launch, now it's £52! It's a joke.
[doublepost=1510139839][/doublepost]
$49.99 - 25% = $37.49

Fast charging isn't currently available for iPhones any way. Those look really cool. :cool:
"Yet" I wouldn't want to buy a charger to replace it in a few months! I'd rather spend slightly more now and be done!

Drzed

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2009
How important is it for the wireless charger to have official Qi certification?

I’ve searched the official Qi consortium database and there is surprisingly very few chargers certified compared to,the huge number available in the market. According to that website lack of certification can be a big problem with some cheap non certified (and thus not tested) potentially being dangerous according to them.

Here is the database. None of the Ankers, Ravpowers etc actually have official Qi certification!! Only Samsung, Belkin and Mophie are some of the well known ones that are also certified.

https://www.wirelesspowerconsortium...sc&searching=true&search_type=advanced&page=1

AppleDior31

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2014
$49.99 - 25% = $37.49

Sorry, you’re right. I did have rewards dollars with them and did not account for that.

AnthonyG6

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2017

I’ve searched the official Qi consortium database and there is surprisingly very few chargers certified compared to,the huge number available in the market. According to that website lack of certification can be a big problem with some cheap non certified (and thus not tested) potentially being dangerous according to them.

Here is the database. None of the Ankers, Ravpowers etc actually have official Qi certification!! Only Samsung, Belkin and Mophie are some of the well known ones that are also certified.

https://www.wirelesspowerconsortium...sc&searching=true&search_type=advanced&page=1
That is my concern with getting a cheap charger just to save a little bit of money, if they aren't certified they might not be safe and could catch fire overnight when you're charging your phone on it. It's just not worth the risk.

VodkaPear

macrumors member
Mar 12, 2012

meaning iPhone X also not certify. there are only iPhone 8 and 8+ on the list.

gatorknight904

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2011
Dallas/Ft. Worth
I bought the Samsung Stand from Best Buy when it was 25% off. I use it at my desk while at work. Simply amazing and seems to charge fast enough. I have zero complaints. The phone is pure beauty and life without the home button seems right. Face ID has been working flawlessly for me.

Note: Face ID works while it is on the charger. So convenient!

4DABA62C-7748-45A0-8AB0-0D4460BAC4B8.jpeg

MJedi

macrumors 6502a
Dec 16, 2010
This Samsung Fast Charge charger is really great, and it will support 7.5. I highly recommend it.
How do you know it will support fast wireless charging on the iPhone X?

I'm actually wondering if fast wireless charging will only be on the Mophie and Belkin ones, or all Qi fast chargers will be work?

csurfr

macrumors 68020
Dec 7, 2016
Seattle, WA
How do you know it will support fast wireless charging on the iPhone X?

I'm actually wondering if fast wireless charging will only be on the Mophie and Belkin ones, or all Qi fast chargers will be work?

I think we're all basing it off of the fact that the Samsung can output @ 10w, whereas the iPhone X with the fast charging update will only require 7.5w. The iPhone will demand what wants and the Samsung should give it that much power.

That said, I'm about to return my Samsung that Gator has above, as I picked up the Mophie @ the Apple Store.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.