Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jwzimm

macrumors member
Nov 19, 2017
I’m actually surprised your charger is flashing green. Mine still flashes orange on the latest beta, without a case, and at ~40% battery. I’ve reached out to RAVPower.....again..... about their claim that they support fast charging on the 8/8+/X. If I remember the Macrumors article correctly, it was RAVPower that contacted Macrumors about the latest beta enabling fast charging.

https://www.macrumors.com/2017/11/14/ios-11-2-faster-wireless-charging-iphone-x/

I may have spoke too soon. Last night the charger only flashed orange and not green. Might have been a fluke.

deleder2k

macrumors member
Apr 14, 2016
Hi not sure if it’s been covered yet but.. I have just purchased the Samsung wireless fast charger model ep-pn920, but it didn’t come with a cable or plug sadly. So just checking here to make sure it’s ok to use the iPhone plug with a micro usb cable? I’ve tried it last night and seems ok? Also have any of you noticed that once charged to 100% the light stays blue on the wireless pad? Is it safe to leave the iPhone X on the pad overnight while it’s doing this? As it appears to keep charging?i don’t want to overcharge or anything Thanks

It will be just as safe as if the wireless charger input was lightning. I think the most important stuff is that your USB power adaptor is genuine. Don't buy fake adaptors.

mrklaw

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2008
Tried my Nokia DT-601 charger yesterday. £10 from Amazon UK and it includes the AC adapter too. Only 5W but very small and discreet - went for the white one.

Charged my phone fine overnight, and I was using Sleep Cycle as well with the screen turned off. I only noticed this morning that the charger has a tiny white LED but it is very dim and didn't disturb me at all (I like my room really dark when sleeping).

For that price I might get one for the office too, but honestly the battery life is good enough so far that I might not need it.

ahoydecoy

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2015
Apologies if this has been discussed - which I'm sure it has, but I can't find any threads.

Is there much of a difference between the Belkin and Mophie wireless chargers from the Apple websites and is there a consensus as to which is better?

Otherwise, can anyone recommend a more affordable charger that does 7.5W? The others I'm looking at on Amazon are so cheap that I'm assuming they'll be terrible quality.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
Very few on amazon are verified to do 7.5w. Many think they might, but its conjecture.

Only the mophie and belkin are guaranteed. Apple even blesses it.
RAVPower has one on amazon, claims the apple 7,5w compatibility.

Thats it.

Payton34

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2014
Chicago, IL
I have 2 Mophies and love them. Small footprint yet big enough to not miss the center to charge the X. It just works and it’s super convenient. Once you use wireless chargers you’ll never go,back to lightning plug ins.

nlkccom

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2008
Went with Mophie. Smaller footprint. Solid construction. Worked perfectly so far.

bhayes444

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2013
As others have stated, only Mophie and Belkin are guaranteed to have the 7.5W charging capability at the current moment. Personally I decided to just be more frugal and got two of the Samsung PG-920I chargers when I saw them for $18.50 each. They’re WPC certified and do the minimum 5W, which is all I need for overnight. If I need a faster top off I just plug in with my iPad 12W charger.

bopajuice

Suspended
Mar 22, 2016
Dark side of the moon
$60 for a mophie seems steep considering there are dozens of chargers for $15 to $20. I paid $15 for mine on Amazon. Supports fast charging, looks just like the mophie, it’s great quality, and works flawlessly. Why spend more?

Also, I wonder how much time do you save when fast charging?

Personally, for me since I went to an 8 plus with wireless charging it seems my battery is never low. I set it down on the charger when I get home without even thinking about it. Then grab it and go.

It’s a great feature, but I am skeptical of the cost of some chargers.

ahoydecoy

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2015
Thanks for all your replies. Definitely feels like the Mophie is the way forward.

Thinking I'll get one of those for the living room so that I can put my phone down and quick boost the charge when needed and I might get a cheaper one for the office as my phone sits out on the desk all day - it might as well sit on a charger.

Will keep using the Enblue lightning dock overnight until I can afford to replace it.

MCube74

macrumors 65816
Nov 22, 2010
Hong Kong
I am a bit confused.

I read that wireless fast charge will be enabled in iOS 11.2 or something. But will it only support Apple's certified wireless chargers or any 3rd Party Wireless chargers as well?

I saw this wireless charger from Spigen at a store and it looks nice. It has 2 coils and supports fast charging at 9V.

https://www.spigen.com/collections/qi-charging/products/f303w-wireless-fast-charger

Will it be supported after the new iOS update?

Qwertylizer

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2009
Europe
Tried my Nokia DT-601 charger yesterday. £10 from Amazon UK and it includes the AC adapter too. Only 5W but very small and discreet - went for the white one.

Charged my phone fine overnight, and I was using Sleep Cycle as well with the screen turned off. I only noticed this morning that the charger has a tiny white LED but it is very dim and didn't disturb me at all (I like my room really dark when sleeping).

For that price I might get one for the office too, but honestly the battery life is good enough so far that I might not need it.
Thank you for this post. I also ordered one of these in black.

MCube74

macrumors 65816
Nov 22, 2010
Hong Kong
I think it is best to get any wireless charger which outputs 9V or 10V and which has 2 or 3 coils. Those are the best for long term use. You can then use the same charger for future phones as well.

bigjnyc

macrumors G3
Apr 10, 2008
Does anyone have the Baseus wireless charger: https://www.amazon.com/Baseus-Wirel...076DBMHJS/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

Any thoughts or comments? Is it 7.5W compatible?

There's one comment on there that the charger melted when charging overnight (!?)

I had it for like 3 days... wouldn’t charge my iPhone X properly. Had to move the phone around and get it in a perfect spot for it to start charging, and even then the charging would inexplicably stop. Returned it back to amazon. Now I have the mophie in my house and the Anker in my apartment. Both work wonderfully

Last edited:
Reactions: Boardiesboi

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
I had it for like 3 days... wouldn’t charge my iPhone X properly. Had to move the phone around and get it in a perfect spot for it to start charging, and even then the charging would inexplicably stop. Returned it back to amazon. Now I have the mophie in my house and the Anker in my apartment. Both work wonderfully

Oh no... I ordered it and thought it would charge it easier because of the two coils...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.