Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
I am quite fond of the mophie one at the Apple store. It’s extremely solid and well-built. There’s no cheap plastic, vents, fans, or anything like that. And it works perfectly. Haven’t had a single disconnect, which I hear people complaining about in other wireless threads. And it seems to have the smallest form factor of any that I looked at when I was at Best Buy. It’s just a very impressive piece of hardware.

https://store.apple.com/xc/product/HL812ZM/A

I also agree this is an excellent charger, I have two.

Binarymix

macrumors 65816
Nov 1, 2007
I bought this one from amazon a few days ago, and It's awesome!

https://www.amazon.ca/10000mAh-Wire...8&qid=1511093362&sr=8-5&keywords=sawm+charger

It's just slightly bigger than the X, but a little thicker. It charges by lightning cable, or usb, and when plugged in it acts just like a qi powermat, charging while being charged for taking it on the go.

So far it's working great and the build quality seems really good. It is a little pricier than other qi chargers at $45 CAD, but it's a battery on top of being a qi charger so I think the price is fair.

It can also charge two phones at once via wireless, and usb. I tried it with my X and a buddies android phone and it worked flawlessly.

JDabney24

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2014
I bought this hidden gem on amazon for cheap considering what it offers. It has fast charging, 2 coils for being able to charge your phone in both vertical and horizontal orientations and has a built in fan that expels heat away from the phone to keep it cool while charging.

Fuleadture Fast Wireless Charger, 2 Coils Qi Wireless Charger Stand with Cooling Fan for S... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075P27LW9/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_tai_kVldAb...

steffi

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2003
I bought this hidden gem on amazon for cheap considering what it offers. It has fast charging, 2 coils for being able to charge your phone in both vertical and horizontal orientations and has a built in fan that expels heat away from the phone to keep it cool while charging.

Fuleadture Fast Wireless Charger, 2 Coils Qi Wireless Charger Stand with Cooling Fan for S... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075P27LW9/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_tai_kVldAb...

Doesn't say Fast Charging is available for iPhone models.

BFG86

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2011
Got to place my iPhone on a Mophie charger in the Apple store today and liked it. Small and excellent grip. Doesn’t move at all on a naked phone. Plus love that the cord fits flush into the unit. No crappy micro usb cables and wall adapters. Think when I go back I’m gonna get it. Much easier than dealing with another crappy charger from amazon that doesn’t work.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012

Attachments

• IMG_0060.jpg
    IMG_0060.jpg
    570 KB · Views: 331

JDabney24

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2014
Doesn't say Fast Charging is available for iPhone models.

The charger supports up to 10W output for fast charging and 5W for non-fast charge supported devices. The iPhone 8/plus and iPhone X will support fast charging up to 7.5W next update. At any rate, my iPhone X seems to charge at the same rate currently as if I were to plug it in using the regular provided wall charger.

Last edited:

jwzimm

macrumors member
Nov 19, 2017
I picked up the Ravpower charger for my X. After the most recent update (to 11.1.2) my charger light now blinks green rather than orange (as it did before the update). According to the Ravpower documentation that means the charger is fast charging a compatible device. Does that mean that Apple enabled fast charging with the most recent update? I know that iOS 11.2 was expected to enable this but I am not running the beta for that so I was surprised to see this with the 11.1.2 update.
83070ffc-a8a4-429a-9937-6e093fc223c6-jpeg.735576

deleder2k

macrumors member
Apr 14, 2016
Does anyone know a wireless charger than can charge both the Series 3 AW and the iPhone X? I don't wanna wait for the overpriced Apple charger

deleder2k

macrumors member
Apr 14, 2016
Doesn’t need to say it. As long as the charger supports the Qi standard.

Are we 100% sure about this, or is this something you believe? I think it was the Verge that wrote that only certified Apple charger would deliver 7.5 watts like Ravpower and Belkin.

Look at this:

iPhone 8 running 11.2 public beta with a black Mophie charges from 45% to 100% in an hour or ~50-55 minutes. No status or blue light, fine for bedroom.

(Bought charger 6 weeks ago from Apple and was not fast charging a Samsung S8+.)

Isn't that weird? The S8+ supports the Qi standard too, doesnt it? Why would it not be fastcharged by a fastcharge charger that charges the iPhone fast? Is it because it only supports 7.5 W which Samsung doesn't call fast charge?

DizzyV6P

macrumors regular
Mar 11, 2011
Any updates on the ravpower stand?

The RAVPower stand is awesome. It charges with my Spigen Neohybrid case AND Spigen magnetic mounting plate placed near the top of the case, just under the camera.

The RAVPower stand is able to charge my 8Plus in both vertical and horizontal modes. They are currently running a sale on it on Amazon with $4 off for a final cost of $17.99. You can't beat that price.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074QK9XKL/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I got one for my office and I just ordered another one for my home. The LED light is underneath and just glows for 5 seconds to show its charging. No annoying constant-on LED light so its perfect for charging overnight.

deleder2k

macrumors member
Apr 14, 2016
The stand seems good, but the only problem is the design. Not exactly pretty... :/ But if you're placing it on the bedroom I guess it doesn't matter. Give me a good looking fast and cheap wireless charger.

clutchm3

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2011
The RAVPower stand is awesome. It charges with my Spigen Neohybrid case AND Spigen magnetic mounting plate placed near the top of the case, just under the camera.

The RAVPower stand is able to charge my 8Plus in both vertical and horizontal modes. They are currently running a sale on it on Amazon with $4 off for a final cost of $17.99. You can't beat that price.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074QK9XKL/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I got one for my office and I just ordered another one for my home. The LED light is underneath and just glows for 5 seconds to show its charging. No annoying constant-on LED light so its perfect for charging overnight.
Not that stand, the actual stand for the sit down wireless charger haha

Bexx

macrumors regular
Apr 4, 2012
UK
I bought one of these yesterday and it arrived today: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B075HWJ5L3

I chose it because I can't stand blue or green lights when I'm trying to sleep. It flashes blue for about a minute when the phone is first placed on, then stays off until fully charged. After this, and when there's no phone on it, it glows red.

I also like how it adjusts from completely upright to flat with multiple angles in-between.

Before I bought my iPhone X, I ordered this one (sadly no longer available): https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01IEKORQ0

This was supposed to be my bedside charger, but the LED glows a bright blue for about 10 minutes every time I take the phone off. It was driving me loopy! So it's now my spare charger in the living room.

steffi

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2003
Does iOS 11.2 update bring fast charging to more than just Mophie and Belkin chargers?

davidcmc

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2009
Isn't that weird? The S8+ supports the Qi standard too, doesnt it? Why would it not be fastcharged by a fastcharge charger that charges the iPhone fast? Is it because it only supports 7.5 W which Samsung doesn't call fast charge?

Maybe it's because Galaxy S8 needs 9W of charging rate (the same amount that Samsung wireless fast chargers output) to consider fast wireless charge. I'm not sure, but I believe Mophie charger only outputs 7.5W.

Anyway, that's just my tip.

Danno021286

macrumors member
Apr 23, 2015
Hi not sure if it’s been covered yet but.. I have just purchased the Samsung wireless fast charger model ep-pn920, but it didn’t come with a cable or plug sadly. So just checking here to make sure it’s ok to use the iPhone plug with a micro usb cable? I’ve tried it last night and seems ok? Also have any of you noticed that once charged to 100% the light stays blue on the wireless pad? Is it safe to leave the iPhone X on the pad overnight while it’s doing this? As it appears to keep charging?i don’t want to overcharge or anything Thanks

Attachments

• 32A4EDA9-CB23-4ACB-AEBF-A2DC6CB0124B.jpeg
    32A4EDA9-CB23-4ACB-AEBF-A2DC6CB0124B.jpeg
    20.5 KB · Views: 169

Robdmb

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2008
I picked up the Ravpower charger for my X. After the most recent update (to 11.1.2) my charger light now blinks green rather than orange (as it did before the update). According to the Ravpower documentation that means the charger is fast charging a compatible device. Does that mean that Apple enabled fast charging with the most recent update? I know that iOS 11.2 was expected to enable this but I am not running the beta for that so I was surprised to see this with the 11.1.2 update.

Does the Green LED turn off when fully charged?

omegis83

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2014
I’m actually surprised your charger is flashing green. Mine still flashes orange on the latest beta, without a case, and at ~40% battery. I’ve reached out to RAVPower.....again..... about their claim that they support fast charging on the 8/8+/X. If I remember the Macrumors article correctly, it was RAVPower that contacted Macrumors about the latest beta enabling fast charging.

https://www.macrumors.com/2017/11/14/ios-11-2-faster-wireless-charging-iphone-x/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.