Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rKunda

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2008
Tempted to grab 2 of the mophie chargers as part of the sale on Best Buy but it’s a lot of money to throw out. Need to go over this thread again and see what people are doing.

MCube74

macrumors 65816
Nov 22, 2010
Hong Kong

rKunda

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2008
Buy 3 mobile accessories and get 25% off. Just find the mophie on the site and details are on the page.

nieks

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2016
The Netherlands
I got the IKEA Rällen charger, built it into a IKEA 365+ coaster. Result: a great looking Qi-charger, made from cork. And it has cost me a wonderful € 16,50. Sure, no 'fast' charging, but I charge my phone at night, so that's not a problem. I'll post pictures when I'm at home. And to add to that: I'm not gonna spend €50+ on a mophie or belkin charger that does exactly the same, albeit a bit faster.

Reactions: MjWoNeR and mrklaw

AnthonyG6

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2017
Ah, ok! May I ask the reason? The accompanying manuals were all in Chinese....So I couldn't read about this anywhere. But for what it's worth, it took the same amount of time to charge the phone from 0 to 100 as it took with a 5W adapter with another wireless charger I have (around 3 hrs)
That's because 'fast charge' hasn't been enabled yet by Apple. Hopefully in iOS 11.2 it will be enabled.

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
Last edited:

ryanmcv

macrumors 6502a
Aug 12, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
I like this Anker stand but its max output of 5 watts doesn't do it for me. I might just get Ankers Pad that does up to 10 watts.

Hasn't been a problem for me. My phone is fully charged when I get to work in the morning, so I really just need this stand to keep the battery topped off throughout the day. For that purpose, it's great.

pics? i'm liking the price of the samsung thats currently on sale for $25..

I'm away from my desk at the moment but the Amazon page has plenty of pics. This Anker stand was $26.99, but I found a 10% coupon to bring it to about $24.

Reactions: puckhead193

rKunda

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2008
I picked up 2 of the Mophie charging bases. Or rather, I ordered them and am waiting on shipment. It's dawned on my I'll need a stand to use face ID at my desk, so may have to return one of these.

Alternatively, I am considering some sort of triangular wedge to have the base sit at an angle, making my own 'stand.'

Has anyone else thought of / tried this successfully? A smaller doorstop might even work.

TruBleu

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2014
The Hague, Netherlands
That's because 'fast charge' hasn't been enabled yet by Apple. Hopefully in iOS 11.2 it will be enabled.
I'm on 11.2 beta and fast charging is enabled in this beta. Having said that, I am not too keen on fast charging. I'm happy to place it on the charging dock when I go to sleep and wake up to a fully charged phone... So I'd actually prefer a 'slow' charger. I have a wireless stand at work too, in case I run out of charge during the day.

Susurs

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2010
Hi!
Does the LED indicator on 3rd party chargers turn into different color/or stops blinking when finished charging an iPhone? My X charged to 100% on Baseus wireless charger. but the status light was blue during charging, and stayed like this also @ 100%. Charger/adapter/phone is not warm anymore (as it was during the charging process), but I was worrying whethere it still trys to charge the phone if the indicator stays the same....

Susurs

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2010
From the answers on the Mophie product support site I understand that it is the phone itself which draws as much power from the base as is necessary: http://eu.mophie.com/shop/wireless-charging-base

One of the questions on the site (http://eu.mophie.com/shop/wireless-charging-base) was:

"Will the charger stop giving power to the phone once it reaches a 100% to prevent it from overcharging if I should leave my phone on the charger overnight 1 answer

1. Anne T
    · 20 hours ago

Your phone is safe to stay on the base overnight.Your phone will only pull the power it needs (the wireless base doesn't force power on the phone). When your phone is at 100% it will reduce the power that it is pulling to a nominal amount."
They also seem to say that the led stays on as long as the phone is connected....

Therefore, by analogy, I assume that my Baseus charger does the same and it should be ok even if the indicator is on...?

Attachments

• Image.jpg
    Image.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 195
Reactions: Bedolaga

bigjnyc

macrumors G3
Apr 10, 2008
From the answers on the Mophie product support site I understand that it is the phone itself which draws as much power from the base as is necessary: http://eu.mophie.com/shop/wireless-charging-base

One of the questions on the site (http://eu.mophie.com/shop/wireless-charging-base) was:

"Will the charger stop giving power to the phone once it reaches a 100% to prevent it from overcharging if I should leave my phone on the charger overnight 1 answer

1. Anne T
    · 20 hours ago

Your phone is safe to stay on the base overnight.Your phone will only pull the power it needs (the wireless base doesn't force power on the phone). When your phone is at 100% it will reduce the power that it is pulling to a nominal amount."
They also seem to say that the led stays on as long as the phone is connected....

Therefore, by analogy, I assume that my Baseus charger does the same and it should be ok even if the indicator is on...?

Yes you are fine, its the exact same behavior. I personally covered the LED light on the mophie with electrical tape since it's on a bedside table which is eye level to where I sleep.

Reactions: Susurs

bigjnyc

macrumors G3
Apr 10, 2008
Picked up the Anker PowerPort Qi 10W off amazon last week and it came today. Much smaller than I was expecting from the pictures. Really like it!

Not sure why, but now it's unavailable on Amazon, and Anker's website only lists Amazon as the vendor to buy from

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KJL4XNY

I have the same one along with the mophie... I was really taken aback when I first opened the box and saw how small it was. Works wonderfully though you will love it. I like that the LED lights turn on for about 5 seconds to let you know its charging but then turn off. and I like how the material on top looks and feels, the pictures don't really do it justice.

MBHockey

macrumors 601
Oct 4, 2003
Connecticut
I have the same one along with the mophie... I was really taken aback when I first opened the box and saw how small it was. Works wonderfully though you will love it. I like that the LED lights turn on for about 5 seconds to let you know its charging but then turn off. and I like how the material on top looks and feels, the pictures don't really do it justice.

Yeah, it's really a nice product. I'd like to grab another for my girlfriend's iPhone X but now they are unavailable!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.