Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GomerBoy

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2012
I’ve noticed my X get a little warm but no warmer than when it's charging normally.
I fall asleep so I really don’t know how warm my 8 Plus is getting charging overnight, but when I pick it up in the morning at 100 percent it’s not even close to being warm.

bxsonic

macrumors member
Mar 27, 2016
Surabaya
I’m sort of leaning towards the Samsung charging stand. I’m planning to put it on the desk in my office.

I was wondering if the angle is steep enough for Face ID to work from a distance. Can someone with the Samsung charging stand check this? Thanks.

appygirl82

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2012
Oregon
Hello all! Looking for a wireless charging pad for my iPhone X for my nightstand. It will be to use while I sleep so no need for it to charge super fast. All the charging pads to look through is overwhelming!!! Prefer to order off Amazon, any ones ya'll have that you like and will work good?!

Sheza

macrumors 68020
Aug 14, 2010
Hello all! Looking for a wireless charging pad for my iPhone X for my nightstand. It will be to use while I sleep so no need for it to charge super fast. All the charging pads to look through is overwhelming!!! Prefer to order off Amazon, any ones ya'll have that you like and will work good?!
I've had no problems with this one on my nightstand:

Wireless Charger, RAVPower Fast Charge Qi Wireless Charging Pad Standard Charge for iPhone X iPhone 8 Quick Charge for Galaxy S8 Note 8 and Other Qi-Enabled Devices

Its so nice to be able to just plonk your phone down at night without having to fiddle with the lightning cable/port. The smaller pads tend to be easier to align as well - the Belkin BoostUP has a large surf area, much of which s not actually covered by the charging coil.

geekiemac

macrumors 65816
Feb 13, 2016
I got myself this AUKEY wireless charging stand. I totally dig it. It's elegant because as it's standing, you can even unlock your phone just by looking at it.

I've used it multiple times and the charge is fast and reliable. iPhone barely gets warm. I highly recommend it on top of the quality it comes a decent price, compared to the stuff being sold on the Apple Store.

batman75

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2010
I got the Mophie powerstation mini as a car mount for my car. When it has a microUSB connected (which I hardwired) it will charge on contact. It is also an effective magnetic mount when used with the iPitaka case. See this video.

d4gli

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2016
Zurich, Switzerland
Even integrated the Ikea Rallen within my desk... If it's possible to charge without any cables, I don't want to see any cables for the charger.

Attachments

• qi.JPG
    qi.JPG
    436.8 KB · Views: 233
  • qi2.jpg
    qi2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 241

H3LL5P4WN

macrumors 68040
Jun 19, 2010
Pittsburgh PA
I got the Mophie powerstation mini as a car mount for my car. When it has a microUSB connected (which I hardwired) it will charge on contact. It is also an effective magnetic mount when used with the iPitaka case. See this video.

I love the concept of this, but man, I wish the case actually covered the phone.

Sheza

macrumors 68020
Aug 14, 2010
Just got the Mophie as a present. Enjoying not hearing a squealing noise coming from the charger unlike the old Ravpower. Also, properly-supported 7.5W charging, a heavier and grippier base... happy!

H3LL5P4WN

macrumors 68040
Jun 19, 2010
Pittsburgh PA
The Evutec case is very similar but does cover the phone.

https://www.evutec.com/products/iphone/iphone-x.html

HAH!

I literally just bought (the Karbon) one this weekend. The only problem is, the metal plates are spaced too far apart for my Spigen 6-magnet car mount.

Does anyone have an suggestions? I have this mount in my Jeep:
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ONDM07G/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It has a standard sized (for things like GPS's) ball mount. So I need the 'head' of whatever sort of magnetic mount, to be able to be attached to that.

EDIT: I SCROLLED UP AND THE IPITAKA MOUNTS LOOK LIKE THEY DO THE JERB!
https://smile.amazon.com/Magnetic-W...e=UTF8&qid=1519046933&sr=8-4&keywords=ipitaka

I'm so happy I could jump up and down.

Reactions: Sarah-PITAKA

Jet2

macrumors newbie
Feb 20, 2018
Hampton
Mophie is the best. It is really powerful and convenient. Bought it last Sunday, itis really very good.

Reactions: Sheza

Chinoo

macrumors regular
Mar 24, 2011

can you paste a link to this wireless charging, please

thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.