Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Will you be purchasing the new Galaxy S10?

• Yes

Votes: 24 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 48 66.7%

• Total voters

Tig Bitties

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2012
"S10 Concepts" and the real thing may be vastly different, and less exciting.

Plus that guy is a super tool .EverythingApplePro LOL douche

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012
Samsung has gone full Samsung:

Rumored specs for Samsung Galaxy S10+ include 12GB of RAM and 1TB of native storage
https://www.phonearena.com/news/Wil...B-of-RAM-and-1TB-of-internal-storage_id111425

I wonder if users will see any tangible benefit from the extra RAM. I don’t mean this sarcastically. A laptop running Windows is good, not great, at 8. And this is a supposedly lighter OS.

Or will it be like earlier One Plus phones where the RAM is there but basically never used?

pika2000

Suspended
Jun 22, 2007
And it will be $1k+, and all the youtubers and tech bloggers will praise it being the best phone ever, ignoring the ridiculous pricing.

I'll wait for the next Pocophone instead.

Reactions: Tsepz

rmoliv

macrumors 68000
Dec 20, 2017
I think it looks ugly with that front camera hole on the top to be honest. Moreover the OS is buggy and Samsung's customer service is terrible. Would never buy it.

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012
I think it looks ugly with that front camera hole on the top to be honest. Moreover the OS is buggy and Samsung's customer service is terrible. Would never buy it.

As a guy who has both a Note 9 and the iPhone XS Max, I don’t honestly think Samsung-droid is really buggier.

Reactions: dk001

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
My next phone will either be the note 9 or the S10. To be honest I’ve been in the Apple ecosystem for too long and getting the kindle fire HD has reminded me that I’m paying so much for Apple devices but there isn’t much gain. I have the kindle fire HD 8 and the iPad mini 4 and to be honest there really isn’t much difference in quality despite the huge difference in price.

Tsepz

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
And it will be $1k+, and all the youtubers and tech bloggers will praise it being the best phone ever, ignoring the ridiculous pricing.

I'll wait for the next Pocophone instead.
Have to say, the Pocophone has seriously dealt a blow to the pricing of all these premium Flagships love what Xiaomi did there.

HOWEVER we need a second one to come just as strong as the first one in 2019. Here's hoping they bring it even harder next year (put at least IP67 and Fast Wireless Charging in there, as well as sort out the Widevine L1 issue), and they will be golden.

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
Looks dope. Lets hope samsung can fix the pwm issue for amoleds.
If they have pwm for the displays of other phone manufacturers like Google and Apple, they seem to have the secret to taming the migraine inducing effects on their own phones. I’ve been using S series phones for about 4 generations now and for the last two, S8 and S9, I definitely have no complaints. And I would have ended up in the ER with seizures had I tried to endure my XS Max display another full day.

My Pixel 2 Samsung display gives me eye strain with its flicker but doesn’t make me dangerously sick the way my X and XS Max displays did.
[doublepost=1543415809][/doublepost]Oh to answer the original question...I don’t know if I’ll buy it or not. I was so sure I’d buy the Note 9. I even had a preorder. In the end, I decided to wait because Samsung’s customer service enraged me when my husband tried to preorder, too. Our last trade ins went flawlessly but they refused to even process his preorder until every aspect of mine would have been completed. Yet both of us were delayed a month on delivery.

And there’s always a lottery with Samsung (Apple is getting that way, too, sadly, but at least it’s much easier to process a return or exchange with Apple). Out of all the Samsungs purchased between my husband and me, almost half of them would qualify as lemons. Not quite half, but it was close. Of the four Note 7s we had, his first one had a wretched display. My second one had wonky performance and overheating issues. I had two S7’s. One had wonky performance and overheating issues.

Our two S7 Edges were ok in most respects but his had battery problems. Of our S8+’s His was fine. Mine has a pink blob display and now both of them are so laggy they barely function despite light use. I hate that phone so much I’ve recently arranged for it to be traded off for a paltry $230 so I could buy a Christmas present. I don’t care what the market rate is for it, I would almost have gotten more satisfaction running it over with my truck. It wasn’t just the phone itself but the experience I had purchasing and trying to get Samsung to respond to my questions that had me almost writing off Samsung for good.

It was with great trepidation that I traded off my S7 Edge for a discount on my S9+. But the one last chance paid off and it’s been one of the finest phones I’ve ever owned. It’s better in most respects than any of my iPhones. All that holds it back is that I don’t like any of the wearables for Android enough to give up an iPhone and Apple Watch combo and I am one of the unicorns who finds Apple Maps indispensable where I commute.

So I am all over the place with Samsung and therefore don’t know what I’m going to do. But yes of course I’m drooling over these promised specs. However, I doubt this configuration will be offered outside of China and South Korea. Maybe...but I wouldn’t get my hopes up.

Ralfi

macrumors 601
Dec 22, 2016
Australia
View attachment 806889

@Everythingapplepro guy just posted a sick render of the Samsung Galaxy S10 based on latest leaks! What are your thoughts on the upcoming changes?

My boyfriend and I were having a heated discussion about the future of Apple based on the latest leaks from Samsung. I have all Apple products and he has Android.

What do you think of the changes coming to their latest flagship??

Original video:

Aesthetically stunning. The curved edges are form over function though.

I am genuinely curious as to why Apple fans are so anti-Android...

Not all Apple ‘fans’ are ‘so’ anti-Android. You’re talking extremes. Stop wasting your time with childish bickering & enjoy the phones from all sides...we’re all benefiting from everyone’s progression.

Apple fanatics
Why even focus on them for. It makes you look silly.
[doublepost=1543473335][/doublepost]

If there’s a criticism, then it should be with the less secure Face ID system absent from it (if true). Looks wise, that dot is a million times better than Apple’s notch.
[doublepost=1543473382][/doublepost]
If they have pwm for the displays of other phone manufacturers like Google and Apple, they seem to have the secret to taming the migraine inducing effects on their own phones.

Hmm. Strategy?
:D

Last edited:

Hernan4651

macrumors member
Feb 25, 2018
dtlhsrnuwaevuoe.jpg

Do i need to say something?

Reactions: 5105973 and kkh786

Zwhaler

macrumors 604
Jun 10, 2006
I am genuinely curious as to why Apple fans are so anti-Android...

This reminds of of a The Mojave Experiment that Microsoft put out when Vista was getting nothing but hate...

Ha! I wonder if anybody at Apple remembered that Windows was toying with the name Mojave for this ad campaign! :eek:
[doublepost=1543596008][/doublepost]I really wish it still had a headphone jack... I know 2019 is probably the end of that. I may purchase a slightly older phone with a headphone jack and save money in the process. Although I am intrigued by the foldable devices.

Applemaniac7

Suspended
Mar 2, 2018
So Cal.
View attachment 806889

@Everythingapplepro guy just posted a sick render of the Samsung Galaxy S10 based on latest leaks! What are your thoughts on the upcoming changes?

My boyfriend and I were having a heated discussion about the future of Apple based on the latest leaks from Samsung. I have all Apple products and he has Android.

What do you think of the changes coming to their latest flagship??

Original video:
Heated discussion? Really... lol

Reactions: Ralfi

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
Yes I know some here have to have multiple phones but to me it's just a phone, does what I need which they all do(though I prefer the Android way but don't like pure Android) and I can only use one at a time. Not to mention it gets expensive to have a bunch of them so it's pretty easy for me.
Oh, I'll never own more than one phone at any given time. I just switch every year. I think I should probably consider skipping Pixel 4...

....BUT WHAT IF IT'S AMAZING?!!!!

Reactions: 5105973
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.