Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What do you most want to see in the next iPhone?

• Water resistance

Votes: 27 17.9%
  • Ability to add songs without iTunes

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Wireless charging

Votes: 19 12.6%
  • Longer battery life

Votes: 84 55.6%
  • Other (post a comment)

Votes: 20 13.2%

• Total voters

recoil80

macrumors 68040
Jul 16, 2014
Less bezel!
With 3D touch I seldom use the home button since I can switch app pressing on the left. If they find a way to integrate touch id into the display they can get rid of the home button and reduce the space at the bottom of the screen and at the top to be symmetric.
I'd also like a better battery life on the smaller model but if they reduce the size of the bezel I may go for the bigger model

Reactions: Benjamin Frost

Vicrooloo

macrumors regular
Dec 8, 2015
All I want is that sapphire screen and that rumored super home button. Maybe a thinner phone to see how far Apple can push it.

Longer battery life? PFFFF. I'm not some sort of smartphone addict to check my social media every minute. +, I have chargers everywhere I go

Last edited:

Vicrooloo

macrumors regular
Dec 8, 2015
Having chargers with you is just a poor solution to a problem that doesn't need to exist. With normal usage and services like 4G it can be hard to get a full day of use out of the battery.
My question is what's normal usage? Because I do get a full day out of my battery with things like automated brightness, LTE, bluetooth etc all on. I view Youtube and use Plex on some days. I visit Reddit and Facebook and Groupme and Messenger and Feedly regularly. I use Overcast and Google Play Music when I'm in the car and my commute is 40 minutes one way.

I don't recharge my phone until the evening when I'm at home. So that's at least 10 hours from the morning unplug to the evening pick me up.

CYKBC

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2014
Thinner lighter 5s with less bezel. Typical performance increases and maintaining battery life would be solid.

CTHarrryH

macrumors 68030
Jul 4, 2012
Phone physically the size of the 5 (s) but with reduced bezel so that the screen size is the size of a 6. Or at least smaller physically than the 6 but with 6 screen size.
I don't care about thinner

Reactions: Benjamin Frost

Kiimora

macrumors 65816
Sep 11, 2014
London UK
Aside from the fact that I went from 6 plus SG to RG + the internal improvements in the S , I would really like a different design in the next iteration whilst retaining the 5.5 screen estate. In addition a midnight blue rear should be added to the color ensemble:)

geta

macrumors 68000
May 18, 2010
The Moon
My question is what's normal usage? Because I do get a full day out of my battery with things like automated brightness, LTE, bluetooth etc all on. I view Youtube and use Plex on some days. I visit Reddit and Facebook and Groupme and Messenger and Feedly regularly. I use Overcast and Google Play Music when I'm in the car and my commute is 40 minutes one way.

I don't recharge my phone until the evening when I'm at home. So that's at least 10 hours from the morning unplug to the evening pick me up.

10 hours is not a full day.

Just coz you managed to finish your working day on a single charge, i wouldn't call it full day (24h is a full day)... unfortunately with the battery capacity these days, if you want to finish your day on the safe side, unless you're a light user, you need to carry a charger (or battery pack\battery case) with you, or at least having one in the car\working place.

I hope one day we will have one week usage from a single charge, like the old Nokia days... this constant running after battery charging is something i hate the most, spacial when im forgetting to charge it before im going out in the evening after a full day of usage. Luckily im having charger in my car, if not, no chance to finish the night with a working phone.

Nipommu

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2011
Want to see:
1. all new design
2. thinner
3. flush camera
4. no antenna bands
5. wireless charging
6. new color - all black
7. thinner borders

couldn't care less about
1. battery
2. water resistant
3. 4k, 5k etc etc

its all about the looks and how it feels in the hands for me.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
I'm 50/50 wireless charging and longer battery life. My 6S can get me through an entire work day so I'm satisfied with battery life as it is but wouldn't mind for a bit more. The convenience of wireless charging would be nice instead of fumbling with wire. I feel it would be a more elegant solution.

Russiaone

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2010
Can we finally see some home screen customization? Hell, if Apple said to me "Russia, you can fully theme your home screen the way you want it, but ONLY ON iPHONE 7..." Sign me up!

Really, those grid of icons is looks tacky nowadays.

But, a bit more on topic, the top/bottom bezels are much too big; do away with those, please. Also, how about an entirely black iPhone 7 with a glowing Apple symbol on the back?

Reactions: biracialfamily91

Vicrooloo

macrumors regular
Dec 8, 2015
10 hours is not a full day.

******** it isn't. Don't be one of those idiots who think that smartphones need to have batteries that last 25+ hours with moderate usage just because dumbphones can. There has never been a set standard or expectation, from the first smartphone until now, that smartphones should last at least 24 hours. The iPhone battery life is top of class but if that's not enough then you can certainly demand more but keep in mind that battery tech has remained, relatively, unchanged for decades and its one of the hottest puzzles to solve in the world right now. The next big battery breakthrough will be the biggest thing since electricity, the wheel or fire.

Last edited:

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
******** it isn't. Don't be one of those idiots who think that smartphones need to have batteries that last 25+ hours with moderate usage just because dumbphones can. There has never been a set standard or expectation, from the first smartphone until now, that smartphones should last at least 24 hours. The iPhone battery life is top of class, if that's not enough then you can certainly demand more but battery tech has remained relatively unchanged for decades.

If that's not enough you can pay Apple 100 dollars for the battery you wish they would have built into the phone in the first place.

image.jpeg

But I guess thinness of the device is more important then it functioning to many people.

Vicrooloo

macrumors regular
Dec 8, 2015
But I guess thinness of the device is more important then it functioning to many people.
The phone functions perfectly for me. At least 10 hours on a single charge for me. That's amazing. Better than any Android I've owned without having to mess with battery mods and AI. So what is this about "But I guess thinness of the device is more important then it functioning to many people"? If your phone doesn't last you at least your working day then maybe you should be looking at your usage. Even a dumbphone used at that percentage or scale wouldn't last nearly as long as it could.

When it comes to people complaining about battery. I've learned that its not because the battery life is terrible or bad, its because those people want to consume more. And even if Apple caved in and gave the public a really thick iPhone with a big thick battery the consumption would just increase and those people will be back to begging for better battery life.

Last edited:
Reactions: HEK and Skika

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
The phone functions perfectly for me. At least 10 hours on a single charge for me. That's amazing. Better than any Android I've owned without having to mess with battery mods and AI. So what is this about "But I guess thinness of the device is more important then it functioning to many people"? If your phone doesn't last you at least your working day then maybe you should be looking at your usage. Even a dumbphone used at that percentage or scale wouldn't last nearly as long as it could.

When it comes to people complaining about battery. I've learned that its not because the battery life is terrible or bad, its because those people want to consume more. And even if Apple caved in and gave the public a really thick iPhone with a big thick battery the consumption would just increase and those people will be back to begging for better battery life.

My usage.

image.jpeg

You are right, I want it to be a better "phone" since my business requires me talking on it.

I'm like you, I keep chargers scattered around the world. Not a very elegant solution but it works.

This is the absolute best I've ever gotten, like I mentioned above its good enough. But this isn't the longest I've worked and work is only half my day.

image.png

Full signal strength, wifi, pure business...well 2% Facebook but I had 5% battery consumption in "settings" so....lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.