Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PBG4 Dude

macrumors 601
Jul 6, 2007
I want Apple to have an ““If I asked my customers what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse” — Henry Ford” moment and blow us away somehow.

Pretty sure this won’t happen and we’ll see an iterative improvement over iPadOS 14, but one can dream…

Reactions: TraceyS/FL

Itsedstech

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2011
Kansas
That’s interesting. I never really thought of a menu bar. Features like that…. I wouldn’t expect Apple to bring to iPadOS, but it could happen.

Ye with so small expectation. I’m curious… Why not go with an iPad Air 2020? Or did the XDR Display appealed to you?

I actually returned my 12.9 m1 for the 11 in. M1. The xdr display was gorgeous tho! I’d probably be fine with the air but I’m a spec junkie lol it makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside holding all that power in such a small form factor ??‍♂️

Reactions: mr_jomo and Ludatyk

LFC2020

macrumors P6
Apr 4, 2020
I need iPad Pro so I keep it. That simple. Why bother letting WWDC be your purchasing decision, especially for personal device? I enjoy using iPad way more than using iPhone, even for the largest size. I use iPad whenever I can. It’s just amazing.
Very well said, great upgrade in every single way, enjoy the beast and stop thinking about what if…..

LFC2020

macrumors P6
Apr 4, 2020
I’d be good with just widgets and maybe some icon updates. It does everything I need for now.
Don’t forget that hideous home bar, need a option to disable it or remove it all together, ruins the look of this beautiful mini led display _____ ?

• Haha
Reactions: snipr125

Itsedstech

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2011
Kansas
Don’t forget that hideous home bar, need a option to disable it or remove it all together, ruins the look of this beautiful mini led display _____ ?
I didn’t mind the edge shadowing at all but being someone who likes using dark mode, the blooming was pretty noticeable. But not a deal breaker. Hopefully the 11 inch gets oled next. I’ll take the contrast and inky blacks over the super bright lights

Surfman

Suspended
May 24, 2021
It’s actually handy when you use the trackpad, just tap it to go home, better than 3 finger swipe up.

• Sad
Reactions: LFC2020

iOS Geek

macrumors 68000
Nov 7, 2017
I didn’t buy the M1 (just bought a new Air a few months ago and don’t need the power the Pro gives). If you were to ask me for specifics, I don’t think I’d have a solid answer. I just hope to see “more”. Granted the Air is obviously not up to the Pro M1 level of power, but I definitely believe that the capabilities of this Air far outweigh what it’s being given right now.

So yeah…I can’t think of specifics to list off the top of my head, but I would like to see them just push it further. The capabilities are there, just waiting to be utilized.

DMG35

Contributor
May 27, 2021
I don't need anything at WWDC to keep it. With that being said, I don't expect anything special for the M1 iPad Pro specifically. I don't think Apple is going to offer something for that specific iPad that they don't offer for any other Pro iPad (Excluding Gen 1) which is perfectly fine with me. I personally think that anyone who thinks Apple is going to single out the M1 iPad Pro is going to be very disappointed.

Reactions: iOS Geek

Chazani

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2014
What?? Return the what??? How dare anyone suggest such thing? Lol.

Once my iPad gets checked out for the halo issue and either fix/replace/ keep all depends on what the geek bench sees.. I bought the iPad because I wanted it. Watching that Apple event made me very glad I waited to upgrade. I had my other iPad Pro for 5 years, used every single day.

As for WWDC, it has nothing to do with my decision in purchasing the 2021 iPad…

Reactions: raqball

Artsketch

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2019
Calibration and color profiles for iPad Pro
better file management
ability to format external drives

would be nice, but the new mini led is a huge improvement, no reason to return.
Anybody who don’t see the screen improvement don’t really need the new iPad in his workflow.

Last edited:

Kierkegaarden

Cancelled
Dec 13, 2018
Hey all,

so it’s no surprise at this point that a bunch of people are thinking of returning their M1 iPads based on WWDC.

One of the things brought up is Pro apps, though that could mean different things. For example, if they just bring in Final Cut Pro and I see nothing about Xcode or things to help developers develop on it, I will still have a 2021 Pro but I will send the one I have back and move to a lower model. So I guess what I’m really looking for is better development capability.

So, when it comes to you personally, what specifically do you need to see in order to keep it?
A “bunch of people”? Where do you get this impression — from a few people on these forums?

People should really learn to make up their own minds.

Reactions: raqball

richpjr

macrumors 68040
May 9, 2006
In my opinion, never buy a Apple device based on what it might be able to do in the future. Always buy for what it can do today. If it gets added ability and support down the road, that is a bonus.
This is exactly why I haven't bought one - yet. I will pick one up, but depending on what is announced, it will either be a 256 12.9 or a 1/2 TB 12.9 if there is something worthwhile to take advantage of it. Not willing to roll the dice until I know what is being released and really dislike buying early and then returning if I guess wrong.

Reactions: tekchic

A_Flying_Panda

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2017
Nothing. I got my ipad on the launch day, so regardless what apple says or does not say about the iPadOS 15 on WWDC, it’s way pass return period. Can’t return it

pookitoo

macrumors 6502
Apr 16, 2015
Paris
I had the 12,9 2020 and I was very happy with it but a little bit short with disk space. I sold it for a good price and bought the 2021 hopping for Final Cut Pro to be announce or release for wwdc.

I bought before wwdc because i was pretty sure it can be hard to get one before 2 month: the screen is a little bit better but not a waouh effect but the big problem is blooming . I don’t understand why so many people are so kind with apple, a device at this price! 90 % of the time I don’t see it but the evening with dark background and white it’s totally obvious !

so, if they don’t release Final Cut Pro on iPad, i don’t see the reason for me to have the m1 for 700 $ more than a 2020 refurbished

( I mainly do procreate, Lightroom and starting to use nomad sculpt, maybe the m1 can be useful for this app but never see the limits of my previous 2020 iPad Pro )

chrism_scotland

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2018
In reality the 2020 iPad Pro already did most of what I want a tablet to do; and much of what I need a laptop to do; especially with the Magic Keyboard; I picked up the M1 because I feel the extra RAM headroom and that M1 chip will be of benefit in my photography and art apps; and thought the new screen would be nice; although I’m coming from the Tab S7+ which already has a great OLED screen anyway.

I’d really like to see some things coming that are really going to take advantage of the M1 Chip and RAM; if not I would consider returning this and just picking up a 1TB 2020 model and save a huge amount of cash; that said it would be hard to give up the new screen now!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.