Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PrettyWings

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 3, 2016
Downloading the beta at this very moment.. seeing how well it performs on the M1. Granted, it’s beta.. but wanna check out the new multitasking features.

But tbh, only thing I’m excited for is the new features in Safari.

Going back or not sure yet?

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
Going back or not sure yet?
Not quite sure yet.

I have a feeling that the new Shelf features for open windows will come in handy with 16GB RAM, I‘m looking forward to exploring that. But besides that… I don’t see any benefit in the M1 iPP, perhaps developers will help. However, I believe @sracer was right with M1 users won’t see any substantial features until 3 or 4 years down the line.

I think having the App Library on dock should fix my main gripe with multitasking.
Well, it wasn’t really a concern for me. I keep one folder with all my apps in it on the dock to help with multitasking, it’s similar to what they are doing with App Library.

Reactions: sracer

RoundaboutRider

macrumors member
May 5, 2020
macOS on iPad. Period. iPadOS is desperately lacking. In fact I’d go so far to even ask for Linux to run on such great hardware currently let down by kneecapped software.
Well looks like iPadOS 15 will still be just iPadOS mainly for consumption. Why the heck the M1 was needed for the 2021 iPads seems to be for nothing more than for bragging rights.

Reactions: Never mind
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.