Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JamieLannister

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2016
Untitled@0.5x.png

No one asked for a 'better Magic Keyboard' but a majority of people asked for a better file management browser, better multitasking, user profiles, and a host of other usability enhancements but no you give us some new Magic Keyboard that will cost more than a base iPad.

macboyfan

macrumors demi-god
Apr 17, 2015
Seattle, WA
I love this site, but please stop stating rumours as if they were facts.

“Apple is overhauling the Magic Keyboard…”

This is a rumour, not a fact. Please present it as such - throughout the article.
It's obvious this isn't a fact. This site is quite literally called macRUMORS. If you love this site, surely you're familiar with the constant speculation.

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
New Pencil? There are dozens of third-party pencils on Amazon. I just bought one for $13. It lacks two features (1) pressure sensitivity and (2) inductive charging. It does have a USB charging port and is tilt-sensitive.

I bought it thinking I would try it and in the worst case have to return it and buy a "real" pencil from Apple. But I don't notice any problems.

I can't see any reason to buy the Apple branded pencil (unless I need pressure sensitivity) What am I missing?

• Haha
Reactions: 4odomi

Surf Monkey

Suspended
Oct 3, 2010
Portland, OR
View attachment 2322708

No one asked for a 'better Magic Keyboard' but a majority of people asked for a better file management browser, better multitasking, user profiles, and a host of other usability enhancements but no you give us some new Magic Keyboard that will cost more than a base iPad.

It can be both. The “Magic Keyboard” is no great shakes. There have been plenty of complaints about it since it was introduced.

But yeah. Giving iPad a real file management system? That should have happened YEARS ago. Apple won’t do it because they need you to buy a laptop too.

BanjoDudeAhoy

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2020
I love the Magic Keyboard for the iPad. It’s a great accessory. But as much as I love it, I consider it way overpriced already.
I got mine used with a 2108 12.9” iPad pro, so it was ok. But the retail price…? Even if it doubles as a protective case - between 300 and 400 euros for a keyboard?!

Then again, smart folios I find overpriced as well 🙃

Reactions: TheNewLou

H_D

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2021
The current solution is already too heavy and clunky, a metal enclosure doesn’t sound like an improvement.
As for the pencil, using the end as eraser or for other writing/painting tools would be appreciated, but what I would most love to see is a better, more realistic writing experience on that glass surface of the iPad. Anything that gets us closer to the Remarkable or even PenTips-feeling.

ApplesAreSweet&Sour

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2018
The iPhone Pro Max needs to support the Apple Pencil.
If there’s ever a chance you’ll get to use Apple Pencil on iPhone then you only get to do so because the Apple Pencil is already paired to an iPad.

Absolutely no way Apple will randomly let you use Apple Pencil with any other device than iPads.

Having you buy two $1000 devices instead of just one $1000 device is an art form Apple has mastered long a ago.

You don’t build the most valuable tech brand in the world by putting out do-it-all devices.

We’re getting more of the same but better, like always.

We’re not getting new products that cannibalize the sales of each other.

Last edited:

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
A space back Apple Pencil sounds nice. If not space black/midnight then pink would be nice.

All the Magic Keyboard upgrades sound good.

Seanm87

macrumors 68020
Oct 10, 2014
It can be both. The “Magic Keyboard” is no great shakes. There have been plenty of complaints about it since it was introduced.

But yeah. Giving iPad a real file management system? That should have happened YEARS ago. Apple won’t do it because they need you to buy a laptop too.

I don’t understand this argument. iPad has a file management system called Files app. I use it frequently, what does it not do for you?

4odomi

Cancelled
Jan 19, 2018
how sheltered from the real world would you have to be to continue to use Magic Mouse or keyboard?
I'm being serious here, they are lackluster and way behind even mid tier mouse and keyboards.
But those other keyboards & mouse's don't have magic 😊

4odomi

Cancelled
Jan 19, 2018
New Pencil? There are dozens of third-party pencils on Amazon. I just bought one for $13. It lacks two features (1) pressure sensitivity and (2) inductive charging. It does have a USB charging port and is tilt-sensitive.

I bought it thinking I would try it and in the worst case have to return it and buy a "real" pencil from Apple. But I don't notice any problems.

I can't see any reason to buy the Apple branded pencil (unless I need pressure sensitivity) What am I missing?
Apart from what you've already mentioned, you'll find out in a couple of months when it stops working 🤣

Greenmeenie

macrumors 68020
Jan 14, 2013
A simple thing that Apple has never done with the Apple Pencil, but should, is to offer it in different colors. Give people a choice. Black or White at least for the Pro iPads & multi colors for the regular iPads. Something.

4odomi

Cancelled
Jan 19, 2018

I just don't know why Apple just don't introduce a desk top, lap top, iPad & a phone all in one 🤷🏻‍♂️

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.