Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Isengardtom

macrumors 65816
Feb 14, 2009
We're getting pretty close to the announcement. Do you think the new design will contain a notch? :p
I hope not, unless they find a way to make the design with virtually no bezels, while maintaining palm rejection.
In that case I guess I could live with it

Reactions: xxray

jazz1

Contributor
Aug 19, 2002
Mid-West USA
I'm honestly most interested (and worried) about pricing tbh. Lots of unknowns for us Europeans.
I’m even worried in the USA what the cost will be. I do see some saying European buys will feel the price pain even more.

I’m also worried the upgrading base RAM and SSD will also suffer from mind blowing price increases.

I’m trying to get ready ready to slap my head with my Logitech mouse when I see the price of a 13” iPad Pro with upgrades and Magic Keyboard:eek:

Reactions: JeffreyVB

joethedairyguy

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2010
No, they do not sell out quickly. People don’t buy iPads like they do iPhones. You should easily be able to go into an Apple Store to buy one.
When do we think they will be available I am thinking since the event is so early they may be available this week.

Scarboose

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2018
I'm torn.... What I want is the biggest iPad Apple has to offer. I currently have a 4th gen Air, so the bigger iPad Air will be more than enough and cheaper than current Pros! However, my mind keeps playing the fun game of what might the bigger Pro have to offer that would tempt me? I think out of all of the potential features we have heard about, here are the ones that stand out to me:
  1. M4 - would really add to longevity and might play into point 2...
  2. Better battery life - if the battery life is a noticeable improvement over current iPads
  3. Thinner and therefore lighter - speaks for it self
  4. Bezels - maybe? Same as battery, depends on how much it improves
If Apple unveiled a 14" iPad Air along with what is rumored, there would be no question. I'm getting the 14"! I could see that being cheaper than the 13" Pro that is rumored, ha! I'm sure OLED will look amazing, but even my 4th gen Air's screen still looks amazing and crisp.

Anyone else torn based on what is rumored so far? Can't wait for Tuesday!

steelestar

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2013
I continue to keep my fingers crossed that the new iPad Pros will deliver some Mac-level functionality. Cannibalization is not always a bad thing. If the updated devices result in purchases from existing Mac users who would have otherwise stood pat with their existing laptops, it results in increased Apple income. If they replace their Macs with new iPad Pros and the latter are priced with higher profit margins, it also results in increased Apple income - which would not be surprising, particularly when its modular product design is taken not account (you need to include the associated pencil and Magic Keyboard purchases, where the mark-up/margins are ridiculous). Throw in increased market share from additional customers new to the Apple eco-system, and at some point, it actually makes a great deal of business sense to take a niche product and turn it into something much more mainstream (and profitable). It’s where the market (and competitors) are heading, At some point - Apple starts leaving a lot of money on the table, and THAT is what makes no sense to me.

• Haha
Reactions: AlexMac89

iPadified

macrumors 68000
Apr 25, 2017
Soon time to get the result from all speculation and rumours and turn into a happy “delivery thread”. I wonder if it possible for MR to automatically put away comments regarding “hobbled OS”, “toy OS” and similar into a thread of their own so we do not taint the ‘happy thread’.

If I buy, it will for the back to school deals in august so I will follow and share the joy of others.

Joseph C

macrumors 65816
Feb 5, 2009
We're getting pretty close to the announcement. Do you think the new design will contain a notch? :p
Let's hope not!

I expect there will be an update to iPadOS to enable StandBy and Always On Display for the new iPad Pro models, given their OLED displays. Aside from this I'm not sure we'll see anything new beyond the hardware updates, until OS 18 at WWDC.

Being able to virtualise macOS though (via an app?) or possibly more elegantly, being able to run your Apple Silicon macOS apps on iPadOS in Stage Manager mode or full screen would be a total game changer - but sadly doubt it.

Last edited:
Reactions: xxray

xxray

macrumors 68040
Jul 27, 2013
I’n about to do a lot of speculation.

The 2024 pride Apple Watch bands and wallpapers (coming in an upcoming software update) were just announced. They were announced this week last year (May 9th) too.

If that schedule is the same this year, iOS 17.5 release candidate should be released today with the actual release being next week. This could indicate that the iPad Pros are more likely to be available Friday, May 17th rather than this Friday if iPadOS 17.5 is the software needed for the new iPads.

Reactions: Abazigal

gusping

macrumors 68000
Mar 12, 2012
Steve Jobs will visit you in your dreams tonigh! 🤫. You will fold and order! 😛. Probably me to!
Probably... I'm already doing the man maths. My logic is, I can sell my 2018 iPad Pro now and get some money for it, or keep it a big longer, by which time it will be useless to sell as it will be too old to be worthwhile.

Reactions: jazz1

APPLEGO

macrumors member
Apr 7, 2017
Probably... I'm already doing the man maths. My logic is, I can sell my 2018 iPad Pro now and get some money for it, or keep it a big longer, by which time it will be useless to sell as it will be too old to be worthwhile.
Either buy 2024 version at the earliest convenience, or wait for 2025, there is no intermediate option.

jazz1

Contributor
Aug 19, 2002
Mid-West USA
I’ve got to say I’ve tried to speculate, in my own mind, on the price of the new 13” iPad Pro M4 with 16GB RAM,1TB of SSD and new Magic Keyboard. I may have to be in an ER hospital room as I click the buy button. :p Seriously, I hope I’m wrong. I suppose everyone can have a different take what price is doable.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.