Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Came across a really nice case today at Walmart, I have been using the uag plyo,that I love, but found a incipio elan for 14 dollars, at check out , it was 8 dollars, frosted back, tremendous grip on the sides, nice lips, 6 foot drop protection, slimmer all the way around than the plyo, great fit, no lose ness anywhere, my new favorite case, and only 8 dollars, check it out.

Our Wally World only has this for the Pro and not the Max. You get one for the Max?

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
Ordered an Apple Leather case, Red. Due for delivery on Monday.

I often use a Black and Red Apple Leather case. Just delayed ordering my Red one.
I received some Apple gift cards the other day. So, what was to do, besides spend them on a case :D
I’ve been wanting to try the red Apple case as well. I know it won’t patina as nicely as the saddle brown case, but it’s a very nice and different looking color.

Reactions: VaderRulez

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Dbrand grip case. Went with the gray carbon skin first (match my space gray phone) as I did not want to take a chance of screwing up my swarm. No problem getting the skin on at all. Just have to peel it off the backer super slow when you get near that thin camera border. Decent case with excellent grip, buttons are OK but not on the Symmetry level. :oops:
I'll test drive it for a few days and see how it goes. Here are a few pics for my peeps. :rolleyes:

gp01.jpg
gp02.jpg
gp03.jpg
gp04.jpg
gp05.jpg
gp06.jpg
gp07.jpg
gp08.jpg

circatee

Contributor
Nov 30, 2014
Georgia, USA
Certainly looks nice! Keep us posted.
I have always wanted to try a dbrand, just too scared to install it. More than likely, I would mess it up...

Dbrand grip case. Went with the gray carbon skin first (match my space gray phone) as I did not want to take a chance of screwing up my swarm. No problem getting the skin on at all. Just have to peel it off the backer super slow when you get near that thin camera border. Decent case with excellent grip, buttons are OK but not on the Symmetry level. :oops:
I'll test drive it for a few days and see how it goes. Here are a few pics for my peeps. :rolleyes:

View attachment 884114 View attachment 884115 View attachment 884116 View attachment 884117 View attachment 884118 View attachment 884119 View attachment 884120 View attachment 884121

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX

View attachment 884114 View attachment 884115 View attachment 884116 View attachment 884117 View attachment 884118 View attachment 884119 View attachment 884120 View attachment 884121
It’s looking good man. Definitely looks a lot better with the skin on it.

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
Was perusing Walmart...I know, I know....and came across this case in their locked cabinet, but they only had it for 11 Pro.

Anyone have any experience with this case? Looks to be rare in the states.

Looks like the clear otterbox symmetry. It’s a good case. I have one and it will protect your phone with awesome buttons. It will yellow over time though.

Tdosthp

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2015
Looks like the clear otterbox symmetry. It’s a good case. I have one and it will protect your phone with awesome buttons. It will yellow over time though.

It’s different than the Symmetry...couldn’t get a good look at it, but a quick search shows they call it a SKIN...doesn’t appear to have the bulk or hard back of the Symmetry.

Reactions: nrvous1

Mel8899

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2017
I ordered the Tech21 Studio Colour then saw people on here saying that it’s super thin. Is this true?

eddiezus

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2019
Was perusing Walmart...I know, I know....and came across this case in their locked cabinet, but they only had it for 11 Pro.

Anyone have any experience with this case? Looks to be rare in the states.

It’s different than the Symmetry...couldn’t get a good look at it, but a quick search shows they call it a SKIN...doesn’t appear to have the bulk or hard back of the Symmetry.

they have them at my walmart, it is a walmart exclusive that is basically a flimsy skinny case just to show off your phone, i think it was like 3/6 feet drop protection? not worth it. five below has the same cases w/o the otterbox branding ?

they also have another walmart exclusive case called the viva, which is a cheap version of the commuter cases, and it’s actually a two piece (rubber + hard plastic).

has anyone have the Otterbox Vue or Otterbox Figura cases from Apple?

Tdosthp

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2015
they have them at my walmart, it is a walmart exclusive that is basically a flimsy skinny case just to show off your phone, i think it was like 3/6 feet drop protection? not worth it. five below has the same cases w/o the otterbox branding

they also have another walmart exclusive case called the viva, which is a cheap version of the commuter cases, and it’s actually a two piece (rubber + hard plastic).

has anyone have the Otterbox Vue or Otterbox Figura cases from Apple?

I have the Figura...gave it week and took it off. I posted about it in this thread. Got slippery.

Reactions: eddiezus

eddiezus

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2019
I have the Figura...gave it week and took it off. I posted about it in this thread. Got slippery.
thanks! i was leaning towards the Vue but i’m scared it would be slippery as well. The few videos i found on it loved them The figura looked nice on the screen but it looked too siliconeish and way too skinny.

sabesh

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2007
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019
I love these two Nillkin cases. Best slim cases IMO. Very grippy. CamShield (1st two). Frosted Shield (last one). They were not available at iPhone 11 launch, and I forgot about them. Finally got around to getting these, and no regrets.

View attachment 884255 View attachment 884256 View attachment 884257

Looking sharp man! I've had them in the past and they are nice. Need to get rid of some cases before I get anymore though lol.

Amazon has them as well, but are more $$$

Reactions: sabesh and nrvous1

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Jonesing over here...........only have the UAG Carbon Monarch in route before Christmas. ?

Must have been asleep at the wheel lately. ?

bobsamm

Suspended
Oct 6, 2019
Jonesing over here...........only have the UAG Carbon Monarch in route before Christmas. ?

Must have been asleep at the wheel lately. ?

I've given up for now with our snail mail would be into the new year before i would get anything, see what the boxing day sales hold :)
I am down to my one and only OB symmetry, everything else returned.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.