Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mel8899

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2017
I’ve been wanting this case for sometime now. It was either that or the regular black symmetry and slap my own pop socket on there. I like not having to hassle with placing my own on the case.

I really like having it built in. It still doesn’t lay flat but I’m ok with that!

Reactions: nrvous1

Jaggrey

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2015
Pembroke Pines, FL
The carbon Monarch is not slippery.

They (Dbrand) say Toronto in the email but the case actually ships from New York.

I tried the Monarch at Best Buy the other day. Grip is great but I didn’t like how big it felt in my pockets cuz of it being squared off.

My Cyril came in today. Nice case. I like the soft touch but I guess cuz my hands are so dry it’s more slick to me than the Ringke Fusion I had been using. Sigh.

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
Reactions: Hooterville

circatee

Contributor
Nov 30, 2014
Georgia, USA
Slippery initially. I only noticed this, because when I took my black leather Apple case off, and put the red one on, I thought I was going to drop the device.

With body oils and such, the case will lose that slipperiness in a few days. I have always liked the Apple leather cases. Albeit, I WISH there was an option of sorts, for a stand (to watch films\YouTube during lunch)...

How does it feel and look? I’m really wanting the red leather now.

Reactions: nrvous1

eddiezus

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2019
Slippery initially. I only noticed this, because when I took my black leather Apple case off, and put the red one on, I thought I was going to drop the device.

With body oils and such, the case will lose that slipperiness in a few days. I have always liked the Apple leather cases. Albeit, I WISH there was an option of sorts, for a stand (to watch films\YouTube during lunch)...

apple does sell these

basically a popsocket but it slides into apple brand cases instead of sticking on

Reactions: circatee

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019
I have a feeling that for most of us, almost all cases are going to be a little slick because of our dry hands. My hands are really bad and need prescription moisturizer to stop the bleeding. I wash my hands obsessively. And that isn’t a good thing.

Wow your hands get like that as well? Mine get super bad this time of year. I work in IT so am always washing my hands. I am in pain all winter long with the cracking and bleeding. My fingertips are especially bad. Not fun when typing lol! Did not know there is a prescription you can get.

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
Wow your hands get like that as well? Mine get super bad this time of year. I work in IT so am always washing my hands. I am in pain all winter long with the cracking and bleeding. My fingertips are especially bad. Not fun when typing lol! Did not know there is a prescription you can get.
Yes sir. I work closely with law enforcement and have to handle people closely including a bunch of homeless people. Sometimes gloves are not readily available especially when having to go hands on so alcohol wipes, hand sanitizer and hand washing are at an all time high. Heh....

circatee

Contributor
Nov 30, 2014
Georgia, USA
Any chance you could please share a photo of it on an Apple Leather case?

Thanks in advance, if you can...

I have read in a thread here that it will fit on a OB Symmetry, but you cannot slide it. Haven’t just bought one for my mom, I can confirm that it fits the  Leather case and a couple different clear cases.

Tdosthp

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2015
Any chance you could please share a photo of it on an Apple Leather case?

Thanks in advance, if you can...

Merry Christmas all!!

Here is a pic of my mom’s phone and PopSocket Slide. If this isn’t detailed enough, let me know and i can find my Saddle Brown leather case and put it on.

6cfd36680f2f7813a477e651cb795aad.jpg

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
Merry Christmas all!!

Here is a pic of my mom’s phone and PopSocket Slide. If this isn’t detailed enough, let me know and i can find my Saddle Brown leather case and put it on.

6cfd36680f2f7813a477e651cb795aad.jpg
Man that red leather case looks slick!! I think I’m going to have to end up getting one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.