Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

circatee

Contributor
Nov 30, 2014
Georgia, USA
Merry Christmas all!!

Here is a pic of my mom’s phone and PopSocket Slide. If this isn’t detailed enough, let me know and i can find my Saddle Brown leather case and put it on.

6cfd36680f2f7813a477e651cb795aad.jpg

Like a Boss! Thanks.
I am going to order one...!?!

sabesh

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2007
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Otterbox Defender clone. Check out the reviews. Supposed to be same or better than Otterbox.

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
Otterbox Defender clone. Check out the reviews. Supposed to be same or better than Otterbox.

Looks good and reminds me of those otterbox clones I see at the malls being sold at kiosks. It’s only $14 too. That’s not bad for a nice clone.

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
Rubber on those OB clones always seems to be “off” to me
My father-in-law has one and it developed a lot of slop at the corners of the case. He works in a machine shop and travels locally to different job sites. He’s had the case for about 2 years now so maybe the official otterbox may have done the same? It’s saved his phone countless times on different job sites as well. I don’t know how much he paid for it though, but it was from the mall kiosk. I like my officooo tissue defender pro case. ? I’ve also been weary of the clone cases.

Reactions: blaine07

ItsNotaTumor

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2016

I had the same for my pink iPhone 7, and wanted to show off my purple 11- nice firm feel, doesn't get too smudge-y with fingerprints.

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
Just took off the Monarch and put the Sheath back on................feels like I got a brand new phone. :oops:
That’s the best feeling when it comes to phone cases. I felt the same way after using the defender pro then switching back to a thinner case. Feels so damn nice!

Btw, day 12 on my saddle brown case. Patina is setting in nicely thanks to @Tdosthp for giving me a few tips. This was done with Smith’s leather balm and leaving the case in direct sunlight for about 6 hours. Then normal usage.

Attachments

• C1D6A8CC-5790-4D2E-BCF9-0B898F95236C.jpeg
    C1D6A8CC-5790-4D2E-BCF9-0B898F95236C.jpeg
    60.8 KB · Views: 111

Tdosthp

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2015
That’s the best feeling when it comes to phone cases. I felt the same way after using the defender pro then switching back to a thinner case. Feels so damn nice!

Btw, day 12 on my saddle brown case. Patina is setting in nicely thanks to @Tdosthp for giving me a few tips. This was done with Smith’s leather balm and leaving the case in direct sunlight for about 6 hours. Then normal usage.

Lookin good!

Reactions: nrvous1

VertPin

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2015
Wow, everyone and their mom has a saddle brown case lol. I don't blame them, it ages really fine, but I'll settle for the black leather case which is what I got today.

IMG-0104.jpg

I figured this was worth sharing. To the left is my black leather case for my iPhone X. To the right is my black leather case for my iPhone 11 Pro. As some have said, Apple turned the black into a gray shade this time around. I personally think it looks fine but I do prefer the solid black look of the old leather cases. I wonder if this gray color will darken over time?

Also, it was really easy to choose the most color neutral case this time around, considering the ugly camera cutout. Previously, going with a blue, red, or orange leather case would work...but not with these camera cutouts showing the dark green phone I got lol. But hey, I'll take camera improvements any day to what color case I bought lololol.

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
Wow, everyone and their mom has a saddle brown case lol. I don't blame them, it ages really fine, but I'll settle for the black leather case which is what I got today.

IMG-0104.jpg

I figured this was worth sharing. To the left is my black leather case for my iPhone X. To the right is my black leather case for my iPhone 11 Pro. As some have said, Apple turned the black into a gray shade this time around. I personally think it looks fine but I do prefer the solid black look of the old leather cases. I wonder if this gray color will darken over time?

Also, it was really easy to choose the most color neutral case this time around, considering the ugly camera cutout. Previously, going with a blue, red, or orange leather case would work...but not with these camera cutouts showing the dark green phone I got lol. But hey, I'll take camera improvements any day to what color case I bought lololol.
Looks nice! I have the black as well. It’s a slick looking case.

Reactions: VaderRulez
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.