Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tdosthp

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2015
I think we’ve tried them all. Here’s a question that hasn’t been asked. Has anyone thought of designing their own case? Material, style, functionality, protection, color, buttons and grip?

If I had the opportunity and if it was technically possible, my perfect case would probably be the Apple Silicone that is put on like the battery case...so the bottom would be covered and not flimsy.

Or I would like a slightly thicker Caudabe Sheath.

I would definitely want my ideal case to:

1. Follow the contours of the iPhone, just like the OEM silicone and leather do...no squared-off backs or sides and no seams.

2. Mute switch would be cut-out just like the OEM case...can’t stand huge openings on thin cases.

3. Of course the buttons would have to be OEM quality

Reactions: nrvous1

Ammar666

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2015
0066D914-BE4A-499D-A05C-F4CD307757AA.jpeg

Apple Silicone case in Beryl color.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Odd.. I have the all-black Monarch. No issues with fingerprints for me.

Don’t see how that’s possible unless you are wearing gloves. The flat black finish on the back is definitely fingerprint, smudge and grease collector. And I wash my hands at least 10 times a day. Maybe my OCD is just out of control

sabesh

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2007
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Don’t see how that’s possible unless you are wearing gloves. The flat black finish on the back is definitely fingerprint, smudge and grease collector. And I wash my hands at least 10 times a day. Maybe my OCD is just out of control
I just ran my finger over the shiny parts. No fingerprints. I do have dry hands during this eastern Canadian winter. But still..

Reactions: Hooterville

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012

Volt green is my color so this has piqued my interest. :oops:

I see this on sale for $27.97 on the Tech21 site but there is no way to order.
Why show it on the site with a reduced price if we are forced to pay $39.99 from Apple?

Last edited:
Reactions: AE14
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.