Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sabesh

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2007
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Yea, the Battersea was one of my favorite cases for past phones. Couple months ago I saw it in Verizon, purchased it, went out to the car, saw the symmetrical cutouts and went right back in and returned it.

Just now saw it on Amazon (ships & sold by Amazon) for $18.00 and ordered it. I’ll live with incorrect cutouts for $18. but not for $50.
Not sure why symmetrical cutouts bother folks, lol. Doesn't bother me either way!

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019
Yea, the Battersea was one of my favorite cases for past phones. Couple months ago I saw it in Verizon, purchased it, went out to the car, saw the symmetrical cutouts and went right back in and returned it.

Just now saw it on Amazon (ships & sold by Amazon) for $18.00 and ordered it. I’ll live with incorrect cutouts for $18. but not for $50.

What is the Battersea case?

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
What is the Battersea case?

It's a good case definitely worth $18.00

Here it is on my Galaxy S10 Plus

bs01.jpg
bs07.jpg

Reactions: Emtbill

bobsamm

Suspended
Oct 6, 2019
@bobsamm what size phone? I’ll take it if it’s for the 11 pro.

Yes 11 pro, i havn't bought it yet lol. Black one for $50 with delivery, retail is $99 here and never on sale. don't know why i am hesitating my wife has brown so know what they are like, and i would only ever buy black.

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
Yes 11 pro, i havn't bought it yet lol. Black one for $50 with delivery, retail is $99 here and never on sale. don't know why i am hesitating my wife has brown so know what they are like, and i would only ever buy black.
Ahh man!! I’m going to have to pass. I really want the brown nomad folio since it ages nicely. Thanks for getting back to me though.

bobsamm

Suspended
Oct 6, 2019
Bought the black nomad folio for $50, no returns so will have to be a keeeper lol. Would of been handy for my NZ trip last week, I had the Apple folio for IPX but can’t justify $200aud for the pro.

Still like the ob symmetry but ready for some leather again, the plastic/rubber starting to feel cheap.

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
Bought the black nomad folio for $50, no returns so will have to be a keeeper lol. Would of been handy for my NZ trip last week, I had the Apple folio for IPX but can’t justify $200aud for the pro.
I’m jealous man. That case looks really nice and the patina on your xr looks amazing so far!

Reactions: bobsamm

Jerald Ang

macrumors newbie
Jan 19, 2020
I’ve had the rhinoshield for my previous phones and it’s a good case. It’s slippery though. Some of the textured backs have a little more grip. I tried the bumper case on my xr and it was really hard to get used to. The boarders of the phone were bulky and when held the back and front felt to recessed. They’re great cases though if you don’t mind it being a little slippery. I’d say it’s just as slick as the back of the black symmetry.

Hey guys, new here but I’m rocking a rhinoshield solidsuit, was actually wondering if the OB symmetry is any ‘slimmer’ in profile than the solidsuit or are both cases practically the same in terms of thinness and handling. I know the solidsuit is generally slicker than the OB, but I was wondering which was slimmer in profile!

Also as a sidenote, for those who have both cases, which is easier to remove? The OB or the Rhino

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
Hey guys, new here but I’m rocking a rhinoshield solidsuit, was actually wondering if the OB symmetry is any ‘slimmer’ in profile than the solidsuit or are both cases practically the same in terms of thinness and handling. I know the solidsuit is generally slicker than the OB, but I was wondering which was slimmer in profile!

Also as a sidenote, for those who have both cases, which is easier to remove? The OB or the Rhino
The solid suit is going to be thicker than the OB symmetry and it’s also going to be slicker since the sides don’t have any tpu/rubber like the symmetry. It’s also easier to remove the phone from the otterbox.

Reactions: Jerald Ang

TNThomas

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2012
Reading about the SolidSuit makes me wonder if RhinoShield fixed the peeling problem some people had with SolidSuit with the iPhone X (including me). Anyone here used it for a few weeks or longer?

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Still using the Apple leather case. Put another coat of Smith’s leather balm on for added grip. I have the nomad rugged brown folio case in the basket. I just can’t pull the trigger at $80.
[automerge]1579467907[/automerge]

What were you using before the lug?

The Monarch, then the Lug, then the Sheath, now back in the Lug until the Battersea arrives tomorrow

Reactions: nrvous1
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.