Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019
So what do we think of Vaja leather cases around here? No go, since the bottom and part of the sides are exposed?

TechnicallyTee

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2013
Atlanta
Man I chickened out and didnt get the leather haha. How does it do when it gets wet? I don't like being too too careful with certain cases.

muddychicken

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2019
Man I chickened out and didnt get the leather haha. How does it do when it gets wet? I don't like being too too careful with certain cases.
Personally I keep going back to my black leather. After it gets broken in/wax wears down it feels great. Bummer the bottom is open but I feel that it’s grippy enough to be confident I won’t drop it. I’m sure others can attest.

bobsamm

Suspended
Oct 6, 2019
Finally. Not sure what to think yet. One thing though, glad i didn't pay $99AUD retail here, was $50 off ebay. Does make the OB Symmetry feel cheap lol.

7A6A3FEA-A71E-4F2E-ACC8-78BFAB957F39.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: nrvous1

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
I haven’t had an issue yet. But, I haven’t gotten the case wet either so I can’t really tell if it’s a problem or not.
[automerge]1580178876[/automerge]
Finally. Not sure what to think yet. One thing though, glad i didn't pay $99AUD retail here, was $50 off ebay. Does make the OB Symmetry feel cheap lol.

View attachment 890947
Yes!!! Let me know how it works for you. Are you going to use it as a wallet as well or just as a normal case?

bobsamm

Suspended
Oct 6, 2019
I haven’t had an issue yet. But, I haven’t gotten the case wet either so I can’t really tell if it’s a problem or not.
[automerge]1580178876[/automerge]

Yes!!! Let me know how it works for you. Are you going to use it as a wallet as well or just as a normal case?

A bit of both. Going good so far.

Reactions: nrvous1

devinh

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
Hello all, I’ve never had a Caudabe case and in reading these posts, it seems the Sheath is quite popular. I am thinking of getting one. I really like the OB Symmetry and I’m currently using the Tech21 EvoCheck. Which Caudabe case (Sheath or Synthesis) might be synonymous with the OB Symmetry? Thanks!

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010

I always got the Apple leather cases. Love them. Have got them wet in the past and they just dry out fine. As for the bottom, if the phone dropped on it’s bottom there is a slight lip that will protect it. It won’t damage the phone.

Reactions: TechnicallyTee

Tdosthp

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2015
Hello all, I’ve never had a Caudabe case and in reading these posts, it seems the Sheath is quite popular. I am thinking of getting one. I really like the OB Symmetry and I’m currently using the Tech21 EvoCheck. Which Caudabe case (Sheath or Synthesis) might be synonymous with the OB Symmetry? Thanks!

None of Caudabe’s cases are close to Otterbox cases. All are thinner.

The Sheath is probably the most popular. It is thin, great grip, and provides some drop protection.

In my opinion, stay away from the Synthesis. It is very slippery, but has the most drop protection of their case line.

Reactions: devinh

tops2

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2014

I really like my Sheath for my iPhone XR. I was using it for the longest time until I got my latest case. ;)
The Sheath is a solid, thin case with pretty good protection considering its thiness. If you check out the older iPhone Xs/Xs Max thread, there's enough people who dropped their phone in the Sheath and no one reported a broken phone. :)

(My current case is Lonli "Vegan leather" from Amazon since Apple doesn't make a leather caes for the XR. I've been using it since middle of November last year and haven't swapped my case. A record! I love the feel of the Lonli case. Very "pillowy" and soft to me with decent grip. Since its "vegan" leather, I'm guessing this case won't patina and won't suffer water damage like a real leather case.)

Reactions: devinh
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.