Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019
A hacksaw and a file would fix that knob on the VRS case, only use case i could see would be handy if hiking or scenic lookouts and you were taking a lot of photos, would be ready to go and don't have to have it in the pocket or worry about dropping in it.
I did a bit of that in NZ last few weeks, would of been handy going up this lol.

View attachment 890250

Nice man. Great pic!

Reactions: bobsamm

TechnicallyTee

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2013
Atlanta
Oh I agree. He says he is going to do full drop tests next week on his YouTube channel. Hit him up. I plan on doing it lol.
[automerge]1579830864[/automerge]

Liked your video man. Totally true with everything you said. I sent my back a few days ago sadly. Was rocking the Evutec since then, but as of today, back on the Apple leather case.

Hey any chance of you sharing the wallpaper you are using on your iPhone in that video? Thanks!

let me see if I can link it since I got it off Zedge. Thanks bro I appreciate it!

devinh

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
Just bought the Otterbox Commuter for IP 11 Pro. Seems like it would provide good protection, a little bulky but thinner than previous models, not sure as I haven’t had one for a few years. I also have the OB Symmetry which I really like. Keep flipping around to Tech21 Evo Check, OB Symmetry, UAG Monarch, Smartish, Speck Presidio Grip and now the OB Commuter. The IPC (IPCase) disease is a serious one.

DonnyXMX

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2012
Garden State
Put out that video about the VRS Crystal Mixx Pro and VRS design immediately followed me on Twitter lol.

Hopefully VRS will use those comments about the lug and get rid of it quickly. Funny how they immediately followed you on Twitter, but that could be a good thing. We will see how pro active they are and if they really care about their customers.

TechnicallyTee

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2013
Atlanta
Hopefully VRS will use those comments about the lug and get rid of it quickly. Funny how they immediately followed you on Twitter, but that could be a good thing. We will see how pro active they are and if they really care about their customers.
Yeah they have my email and information. It wasn’t a video to bash them at all but an opportunity to nail it with their case.

rocknrolldoggy

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2009
I prefer slimmer cases that have some drop protection.

My go-tos:
  1. Torras Slim Fit. Best slim case I've found that's a notch up from something that just protects from scratches like the Caudabe Veil, etc.
  2. Caudabe Sheath. If I want a little more protection.
Also have the Belkin glass screen protector installed by Apple Store.

Motionblurrr

macrumors 65816
Jul 1, 2008
Oh I agree. He says he is going to do full drop tests next week on his YouTube channel. Hit him up. I plan on doing it lol.
[automerge]1579830864[/automerge]

Liked your video man. Totally true with everything you said. I sent my back a few days ago sadly. Was rocking the Evutec since then, but as of today, back on the Apple leather case.

Hey any chance of you sharing the wallpaper you are using on your iPhone in that video? Thanks!

here you go man lol

Attachments

• F77AD64D-E535-42EC-8FF5-F14D3D61B656.jpeg
    F77AD64D-E535-42EC-8FF5-F14D3D61B656.jpeg
    170.7 KB · Views: 175

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
thinking about trying the Mous Aramax case. It is basically the aramid fibre case without the magnets (since I don't use them for anything) Anyone with any experience with this one?

Reactions: Hooterville

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
thinking about trying the Mous Aramax case. It is basically the aramid fibre case without the magnets (since I don't use them for anything) Anyone with any experience with this one?

I have it also. The carbon is still fingerprint city, symmetrical cutouts but at least you get a retail box. The seller on eBay ships them quick and fast.

box01.jpg

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Just picked up the smaller iPhone 11 Pro. Seeing if I can go with the smaller size since I get tired of lugging around all these huge phones. Not sure if im going to do case reviews for them since I think they will be redundant to what I already have done for the Pro Max.

Always thought you had the regular pro and the max. You have any interest in the Galaxy S20 Ultra?

TechnicallyTee

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2013
Atlanta
Always thought you had the regular pro and the max. You have any interest in the Galaxy S20 Ultra?
I just had the Pro Max, I still have it in case I dont like the size and battery life. It looks like a beast device for sure but idk if ill be getting one since I think its supposed to be $1300. The funds are a litte limited these days since the little one came along lol

bobsamm

Suspended
Oct 6, 2019
Still waiting on my Nomad folio, Australia Post sucks, posted Monday from a 6 hour drive away lol. Won't get here till Tuesday now. It's Australia Day long weekend piss up here haha.

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019
Reactions: nrvous1

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
Going full defender this weekend. “You never go full defender..”.

Edit: Nevermind. Back in the Apple case. I’m trying to use a more protective case for an upcoming trip and I think the defender is over kill.

Last edited:

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019
Going full defender this weekend. “You never go full defender..”.

Edit: Nevermind. Back in the Apple case. I’m trying to use a more protective case for an upcoming trip and I think the defender is over kill.

I am back on the Apple leather case as well.

On another note, are any of the UAG cases decent/worth it?

Reactions: nrvous1

TechnicallyTee

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2013
Atlanta
What do you guys think about the Otterbox Symmetry? Thought about heading to pick one up. That use to one of my favorite cases for a long time. Also been wanting to try the Apple leather case but im just so paranoid about the bottom being out.

blaine07

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2014
Oklahoma
What do you guys think about the Otterbox Symmetry? Thought about heading to pick one up. That use to one of my favorite cases for a long time. Also been wanting to try the Apple leather case but im just so paranoid about the bottom being out.

I think everyone here keeps it “in the pile.” It’s a solid case; probably not ones favorite but most conventions and standard. Good case especially if you find it on sail.

Reactions: VaderRulez

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
I prefer slimmer cases that have some drop protection.

My go-tos:
  1. Torras Slim Fit. Best slim case I've found that's a notch up from something that just protects from scratches like the Caudabe Veil, etc.
  2. Caudabe Sheath. If I want a little more protection.
Also have the Belkin glass screen protector installed by Apple Store.

Both of these are favorites of mine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.