Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DonnyXMX

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2012
Garden State
What do you guys think about the Otterbox Symmetry? Thought about heading to pick one up. That use to one of my favorite cases for a long time. Also been wanting to try the Apple leather case but im just so paranoid about the bottom being out.

IMO is a great case, solid and comfortable in the hand. A little slippery but it does have rubber along the sides. I have the “Feeling Rusty” version. Very different colors but I like it.

Also I have the Ringke Fusion X Design Case Black Camo coming today. Took your word that is a great case and your daily driver.

Motionblurrr

macrumors 65816
Jul 1, 2008
I LOVE flipping between the Apple leather case and the Otterbox Symmetry! It makes me appreciate the pros and cons of both.

Have you guys tried the Spigen Neo Hybrid on the 11 Pro Max’s yet? I feel like they’re a very underrated case this time around due to the competition bringing out some heavy hitters but they look great with the gunmetal/black color combo.
[automerge]1579984073[/automerge]
They look pretty sick IMHO

Attachments

• DAE8CF7B-CC10-497A-AC08-8AF5887050C5.jpeg
    DAE8CF7B-CC10-497A-AC08-8AF5887050C5.jpeg
    153.8 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:

blaine07

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2014
Oklahoma
Yes. Definitely noticeable.

I just don’t figure their is enough differentiation between limitless and aramax to warrant an entire another product line. Whatever floats their boats. I understood Limitless, Clarity and Contour. But a fourth line

Reactions: AE14

Theoner1

macrumors regular
May 25, 2017
OB Symmetry is one of my favorite for my Pro Max. I have two flavors black and feeling rusty. Feeling rusty is okay but black is gorgeous, comfortable in the hand and the buttons is the absolute best imo. A little slippery at first but I got use to it over time.

Last edited:
Reactions: nrvous1

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
OB Symmetry is one of my favorite for my Pro Max. I have two flavors black and feeling rusty. Feeling rusty is okay but black is gorgeous, comfortable is the hand and the buttons is the absolute best imo. A little slippery at first but I got use to it over time.
Thinking of switching to the rust bucket aka the rat rod aka feeling rusty for a day or so.

Reactions: Hooterville

bobsamm

Suspended
Oct 6, 2019
What do you guys think about the Otterbox Symmetry? Thought about heading to pick one up. That use to one of my favorite cases for a long time. Also been wanting to try the Apple leather case but im just so paranoid about the bottom being out.

Well i have returned every other case i have tried and only have it, at this point. How are you going with the smaller pro?
[automerge]1579988667[/automerge]
The aramax is here. Very nice and is basically an aramid fiber contour. View attachment 890562 View attachment 890563 View attachment 890564

Is that bowed?
[automerge]1579988902[/automerge]
OB Symmetry is one of my favorite for my Pro Max. I have two flavors black and feeling rusty. Feeling rusty is okay but black is gorgeous, comfortable is the hand and the buttons is the absolute best imo. A little slippery at first but I got use to it over time.

I'd be putting those rusty blue buttons in the black :) yeah slippery is a beat up imo.

Last edited:

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012

The Otterbox Symmetry (solid colors, not clear) is one of my favorite, if not my favorite case for the iPhone 11 Pro Max. It's just an all around fantastic case and I love it. Here's my black with the yellow buttons.

yel01.jpg
yel03.jpg

[automerge]1579996436[/automerge]
The aramax is here. Very nice and is basically an aramid fiber contour. View attachment 890562 View attachment 890563 View attachment 890564

Nice, do I see a little "Banana Boat" going on there?

Reactions: TechnicallyTee

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
I just don’t figure their is enough differentiation between limitless and aramax to warrant an entire another product line. Whatever floats their boats. I understood Limitless, Clarity and Contour. But a fourth line

Aramax only sold in the Asian markets.

TechnicallyTee

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2013
Atlanta
I constantly am going back and forth between the Ringke Fusion-X, Pitaka EZ Magcase Pro, and the SolidSuit......my girlfriend thinks im crazy how I keep swapping cases. I wish I could just fuse some aspects of each case to make the perfect case lol.

Tdosthp

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2015
I constantly am going back and forth between the Ringke Fusion-X, Pitaka EZ Magcase Pro, and the SolidSuit......my girlfriend thinks im crazy how I keep swapping cases. I wish I could just fuse some aspects of each case to make the perfect case lol.

I do the same thing, between the Apple black and saddle brown, Caudabe Sheath, and a clear case.

My work phone is the same, sad tune.

TechnicallyTee

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2013
Atlanta
I do the same thing, between the Apple black and saddle brown, Caudabe Sheath, and a clear case.

My work phone is the same, sad tune.

haha I just got an iPhone 7 for my work phone and just though a Spigen thin fit on it and I’m good. Barely use it anyways but my main device yeah I have issues. I guess that’s why I made the YouTube channel I did ??.

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
The Otterbox Symmetry (solid colors, not clear) is one of my favorite, if not my favorite case for the iPhone 11 Pro Max. It's just an all around fantastic case and I love it. Here's my black with the yellow buttons.

View attachment 890588 View attachment 890589
[automerge]1579996436[/automerge]

Nice, do I see a little "Banana Boat" going on there?
I think it might be the dip on the sides On the phone it’s flat. Thankfully
[automerge]1580007478[/automerge]
Pitaka mag pro? You like it more than Mous?

devinh

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
It’s one of my favorites. I‘ve had one with each iPhone I’ve owned. It’s relatively thin, provides good protection, a little slippery on the sides but also has some rubber grip which helps.

TechnicallyTee

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2013
Atlanta

The Mous cases are a little too bulky when talking about the Limitless line, contour is fine but I really like the Magcase Pro. The back gets a little grimey but the grips on the side just does it for me and honestly it doesn’t feel too bulky.

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
The Mous cases are a little too bulky when talking about the Limitless line, contour is fine but I really like the Magcase Pro. The back gets a little grimey but the grips on the side just does it for me and honestly it doesn’t feel too bulky.
Awesome. The grimey feel and finger prints are bothersome for sure.

Reactions: Hooterville

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012

Didn't you have the regular limitless 3.0 also?
[automerge]1580054842[/automerge]
I know right. I've been watching the prices myself but meh. Still to high.

Just returned 4 more beaters to Amazon, hope they don't ban me ?

Reactions: VaderRulez and AE14
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.