Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bobsamm

Suspended
Oct 6, 2019
I always got the Apple leather cases. Love them. Have got them wet in the past and they just dry out fine. As for the bottom, if the phone dropped on it’s bottom there is a slight lip that will protect it. It won’t damage the phone.

Won't damage lol, big statement there. I have said before here my 7 plus in a apple leather fell out of the car holder and hit the steel seat rail and dinted the bottom. All about how it falls.
[automerge]1580249504[/automerge]
I really like my Sheath for my iPhone XR. I was using it for the longest time until I got my latest case. ;)
The Sheath is a solid, thin case with pretty good protection considering its thiness. If you check out the older iPhone Xs/Xs Max thread, there's enough people who dropped their phone in the Sheath and no one reported a broken phone. :)

Iv'e also said this before but problem with the sheath v ob symmetry or similar is the sides will come away from the case easily, very soft, my xs max fell 2 ft in a sheath hit a wooden cupboard drawer and cracked the screen protector on the side, protector saved the screen, i reckon the case did nothing but if was in the OB nothing would of happened.

Other than that they are nice slim case with grip.

Reactions: devinh

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
Won't damage lol, big statement there. I have said before here my 7 plus in a apple leather fell out of the car holder and hit the steel seat rail and dinted the bottom. All about how it falls.
That’s the truth. My 11 pro fell off my lap out of my car and landed on asphalt which I’m assuming is what damaged the bottom of my phone using the Apple leather case (bum piss case). I’m still risking it using this current Apple leather case although I think I’m going to get a black symmetry this weekend.

tops2

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2014
All about how it falls.

Totally true!

I’ve watched some of the Mous Limitless 2.0 drop tests and am amazed how much abuse that case took. Then I remember a forum member here had an unfortunate drop where their phone was damaged...

So I kinda feel like I might as well use a case I like and not worry about how protective a case is... Lol. ;)

Reactions: bobsamm

bobsamm

Suspended
Oct 6, 2019
That’s the truth. My 11 pro fell off my lap out of my car and landed on asphalt which I’m assuming is what damaged the bottom of my phone using the Apple leather case (bum piss case). I’m still risking it using this current Apple leather case although I think I’m going to get a black symmetry this weekend.

I dropped my 11 pro in a thin carbon case on the tar road, lucky it fell flat on the back and no damage, too slippery, i snapped that case in half so i wouldn't use it and bought the OB symmetry.
Wasted $60 or so.

The nomad folio is going good, only fault is the volume buttons are a bit stiff, power one is good. It's making me use my ear plugs instead of having the phone against the ear hole lol.

One reason i never stuck with a folio type case was i always used a brodie holder in my car and they don't suit ,but i got a new Jeep Cherokee in June that has car play so don't need the holder everything is on the screen, so can swap cases around not worry about adjusting it all the time.

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
I dropped my 11 pro in a thin carbon case on the tar road, lucky it fell flat on the back and no damage, too slippery, i snapped that case in half so i wouldn't use it and bought the OB symmetry.
Wasted $60 or so.

The nomad folio is going good, only fault is the volume buttons are a bit stiff, power one is good. It's making me use my ear plugs instead of having the phone against the ear hole lol.

One reason i never stuck with a folio type case was i always used a brodie holder in my car and they don't suit ,but i got a new Jeep Cherokee in June that has car play so don't need the holder everything is on the screen, so can swap cases around not worry about adjusting it all the time.
I’m using a pro clips mount in my daily driver, but making adjustments to suit the case of the day is a pain so now I just throw my phone in the passenger seat. Lol. I don’t like using folio cases as well, but man that horween leather is so nice!

Reactions: VaderRulez

bobsamm

Suspended
Oct 6, 2019
I’m using a pro clips mount in my daily driver, but making adjustments to suit the case of the day is a pain so now I just throw my phone in the passenger seat. Lol. I don’t like using folio cases as well, but man that horween leather is so nice!

Go for it. I do like them just never suited my brodit car holder, the holder gets in the way anyway.
For your viewing pleasure, black and brown :)
37B8E85F-6E10-4925-9A35-93CD854D2169.jpeg
87FD9C2C-C283-40CB-80E1-0EACB811ED30.jpeg
1A35CC67-4B79-4C7F-A325-D62F03E0C5DF.jpeg
BE74F53C-0DF5-4692-8F6B-5A0E174F4950.jpeg
:)

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
I always buy black anyway, but at $50 v $100 i got lucky, plus my wife would hate having matching case colour haha.
I think I found the seller on eBay that’s selling the folio for $50, but he only has cases for the pro max. I’m going to try using my regular nomad rugged brown case for one full month before ordering the folio case. Wish me luck.. lol

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019
Go for it. I do like them just never suited my brodit car holder, the holder gets in the way anyway.
For your viewing pleasure, black and brown :)
View attachment 891134 View attachment 891135 View attachment 891136 View attachment 891137 :)

Thanks for the pics. Was going to ask what you thought of the new Nomad case. Been busy with work and have not been on the forums as much this week. It looks hella sweet, but I just can't bring myself to use a folio case. I wish the buttons were better on the Nomad or I would pull the trigger on their Rugged case.

As for me, still using the Apple leather case at the moment lol. Not sure which case to get next.

Reactions: bobsamm and nrvous1

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
Thanks for the pics. Was going to ask what you thought of the new Nomad case. Been busy with work and have not been on the forums as much this week. It looks hella sweet, but I just can't bring myself to use a folio case. I wish the buttons were better on the Nomad or I would pull the trigger on their Rugged case.

As for me, still using the Apple leather case at the moment lol. Not sure which case to get next.
Yeah, the buttons are not the greatest. I have to get used to them on the rugged case coming from my Apple case. I’m going to have to hide my Apple leather case; every time I walk by it I feel like swapping it back on.

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019
Yeah, the buttons are not the greatest. I have to get used to them on the rugged case coming from my Apple case. I’m going to have to hide my Apple leather case; every time I walk by it I feel like swapping it back on.

Lol I know what you mean!

bobsamm

Suspended
Oct 6, 2019
I think I found the seller on eBay that’s selling the folio for $50, but he only has cases for the pro max. I’m going to try using my regular nomad rugged brown case for one full month before ordering the folio case. Wish me luck.. lol

I am in Australia remember, mine was a private seller too only had 1.
[automerge]1580266435[/automerge]

My black rugged for Xr buttons were good, my wife's brown folio are good, The rugged/active 11 pro cases i returned were all stiff.
Pot luck.

HerbertDerb

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2017
I have now have 2 Otterbox Deffender cases and bot are starting to get loose where i press the volume/power buttons :(

I have been looking for new rugged-case and Mous Limitless 3.0 sound promising.However, how "deep" is the 11 Pro's camera protector on the sides? Reason why i did get the deffender in the first place was that the case extends so much around the cameras, so they will not get easily scratches.

Is the Mous comparable to Deffender in this regard?

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019
I think you guys have scared me away from the leather case lol. Im back on the Pitaka MagCase Pro now. Looking for something fresh though but I might consider picking up the Symmetry.

Nah man Apple leather cases are great. Unless well, you drop your phone a lot lol. Though I have dropped mine seldom and have been fortunate.

Reactions: nrvous1

bobsamm

Suspended
Oct 6, 2019
Well, I broke down and just ordered the nomad folio case.

Lol, i might hit up nomad for a commission :) Wow That converts to $123AUD i hope you like it i think you will. Pray for good buttons.
How does that even work they are cheaper here, retail $99Aud = $67US. Makes mine at $50AUD = $34US sound a bargain.

It's actually a bit shorter and not as wide as the OB Symmetry, nice size for a folio. Tempted to get the brown in a rugged if i knew it would have good buttons. Leather is so nice.

Last edited:
Reactions: nrvous1

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
Lol, i might hit up nomad for a commission :) Wow That converts to $123AUD i hope you like it i think you will. Pray for good buttons.
How does that even work they are cheaper here, retail $99Aud = $67US. Makes mine at $50AUD = $34US sound a bargain.
Heck yeah that’s a bargain. These cases aren’t getting any cheaper. Lol.

I’ll be returning the rust bucket symmetry to help offset the cost of the nomad case.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.