Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bobsamm

Suspended
Oct 6, 2019
Just ordered a 11 pro CarbonThat KEVLAR Edition V2. Will post photos when it arrives Friday. Never had one before, know a few that have and reviews seem good.
They are Australian based and have free world wide shipping, they gave me a code for 8% off if anyone is interested. Worked today.
CARBONHELLO8

Case has no lip so a GSP is recommended, i survived 8 months with a no lip nomad rugged so should be ok. Has top and bottom protection too. As much as i like my black apple leather they start to feel tacky as its warming up here, also want something that won't matter if it gets wet on the back.

sk2sep2304

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2009
Here's better shots of the PS Air Jacket.

A few quick pictures of the Power Support Air Jacket.

img_6237-jpg.869579

img_6237-jpg.869580
img_6237-jpg.869581
img_6237-jpg.869582
img_6237-jpg.869583

flexidexi

macrumors newbie
Aug 18, 2010
After using a clear case on my green 11 that added too much width and bully to the iPhone, I ordered the Speck slim case (single layer) and it’s just what I was looking for. Adds a nice amount of grip to the phone and feels good in hand without adding almost any bulk. I can still enjoy the color and style and feel more secure holding it with this thin case re grippiness than without a case.

greenbee

macrumors member
May 6, 2015
11 pro arrived today. I purchased the mous clarity and the tech21 pure clear. Since the phone is midnight green, I really wanted a clear case with drop protection. The tech21 feels very snug and slim. The mous feels not as snug on the sides and bulkier. I had the tech21 in black on the XS and loved it. I think I'm going to keep it in the tech21.

Reactions: AE14

Justus_Jonas

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2019
Germany
Hello greenbee,
is it possible to get some Pictures of this combination (11 pro green with the tech21 pure clear case)? i also thinking about this.. thx

Telesmurfen

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2016
Speaking of the Tech21 Pure Clear case.. how does it hold up? I’ve thought about buying it, but reading reviews on Amazon, it seems to scratch quite easily (at least earlier generations).. is it really that bad?

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Mous black leather Contour in today. Good fitting, good feeling and overall a very high quality case. The buttons absolutely suck as there is quite a bit of travel before the buttons even come in contact with the actual phones buttons.

My OCD can't handle the symmetrical cutouts on the bottom that don't match the asymmetrical cutouts of the phone.

Also Mous is shipping these cases in half of the retail packaging inside of a plain brown cardboard box. I like the case but "Perfection" it's Not !

Some pics for your viewing pleasure.

cl01.jpg
cl02.jpg
cl03.jpg
cl04.jpg
cl05.jpg
cl06.jpg
cl07.jpg

blaine07

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2014
Oklahoma
Mous black leather Contour in today. Good fitting, good feeling and overall a very high quality case. The buttons absolutely suck as there is quite a bit of travel before the buttons even come in contact with the actual phones buttons.

My OCD can't handle the symmetrical cutouts on the bottom that don't match the asymmetrical cutouts of the phone.

Also Mous is shipping these cases in half of the retail packaging inside of a plain brown cardboard box. I like the case but "Perfection" it's Not !

View attachment 869719 View attachment 869720 View attachment 869721 View attachment 869722 View attachment 869723 View attachment 869724 View attachment 869728

That cost how much lol!?

Reactions: Hooterville

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Oh him .. I had 30% off and still ended up returning them. That power button ruined it and i had same gap issue around lightening port cut out.

You got rid of the Mous cases? I'm tempted to order the Limitless 3.0

bobsamm

Suspended
Oct 6, 2019

Man the back of that case looks so smick, better than nomad, apple cases. Shame about the buttons are they all like that or you got a dud?, the bottom wouldn't worry me and i don't keep boxes as its cheaper to post just the case if i on sell later.
If they made case cheaper with out any packaging i wouldn't care.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Man the back of that case looks so smick, better than nomad, apple cases. Shame about the buttons are they all like that or you got a dud?, the bottom wouldn't worry me and i don't keep boxes as its cheaper to post just the case if i on sell later.

They are all like this. My leather also has some strange discoloration where it looks like it was half treated. You can't see it in the pics but it is there. I like the Contour case, just not the buttons.

Reactions: bobsamm

bobsamm

Suspended
Oct 6, 2019
I like the Contour case, just not the buttons.

At least they are consistent, Nomad seem luck of the draw. My returns so far are Nomad Active buttons too stiff, UAG pathfinder bar of soap.
Apple leather surviving, with a CarbonThat case incoming, hope it feels same or better than the Evutec carbon i had for Xr. If not may have to fork out the $70-80 for another one evutec.

Reactions: Hooterville

sabesh

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2007
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
I have no issues with the Contour buttons. I'm fine with them. I honestly don't understand why everyone's going on about them, lol.

Reactions: steve31
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.