Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bexx

macrumors regular
Apr 4, 2012
UK
Just received the Grip2U slim case in beetlejuice colour. Had the regular one of these for my X and found it really useful when I wanted to use the phone one-handed, however it was quite bulky.

This one really lives up the the slim name. It’s a snap-on shell style, buttons are nice and clicky and it’s been coated with a soft-touch finish - this feels really nice but makes it ibtoa bar of soap! Good thing the whole point of this case is that you hold it using the elastic grip.

Not hugely keen on the exposed bottom, but it’s kept in my purse when out and about so shouldn’t endure too much abuse.

There’s the tiniest lip to protect the screen when face down, however it’s pretty much flush with my screen protector. Camera lenses are decently protected.

I’m interested to see how this will compare with my Loopy when it arrives in the next few weeks. I do like the fact I can wirelessly charge with this one.
3F3771AE-3E59-41B5-8041-EFAAFD380073.jpeg
316C408A-21AE-4FA4-9A09-4D3E29929422.jpeg
71446976-6B92-4B63-AB3A-BC04793E919F.jpeg
68BCA3F9-AE7A-4F0D-BA8B-58DDAFA94755.jpeg

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Just received the Grip2U slim case in beetlejuice colour. Had the regular one of these for my X and found it really useful when I wanted to use the phone one-handed, however it was quite bulky.

This one really lives up the the slim name. It’s a snap-on shell style, buttons are nice and clicky and it’s been coated with a soft-touch finish - this feels really nice but makes it ibtoa bar of soap! Good thing the whole point of this case is that you hold it using the elastic grip.

Not hugely keen on the exposed bottom, but it’s kept in my purse when out and about so shouldn’t endure too much abuse.

There’s the tiniest lip to protect the screen when face down, however it’s pretty much flush with my screen protector. Camera lenses are decently protected.

I’m interested to see how this will compare with my Loopy when it arrives in the next few weeks. I do like the fact I can wirelessly charge with this one.
View attachment 869888 View attachment 869889 View attachment 869890 View attachment 869891

Love that case !

Reactions: Bexx

GhettoMrBob

macrumors regular
May 21, 2014
They need to sort out their quality control checks i suppose.
Found this bad boy in my box of old cases. Served my iPhone 7 graciously. Shame they dont make them like this anymore. View attachment 869787

I actually just contacted them to see if they have any plans to make those for the newer phones and they replied saying not at this time. I had one on my 8 and it was great. Had to go with the Apple leather case instead...the metal buttons are awfully nice on the official case.

Side note: fellow gunners fan I see ?

Reactions: Sal09

EnJaNir

macrumors regular
Feb 16, 2011
Just returned...

Spigen Liquid Air: Overall solid case and I might end up repurchasing later. Things I didn't particularly care for was the etched branding on the sides (there was a lot of it) and the sides didn't utilize the same microdots that the back surface did, so there was some "water marking" where the case touched the frame of the phone.

Zizo Division: First off, I whoops and ordered the Max version. But after handling the case, it was meh, really underwhelming overall. It looks good on their product page, but not so much in person.

Picked up the Apple saddle from Target for now. Will probably try the UAG pathfinder or plasma. Had the monarch for my X but want something with more rounded corners to make it feel slimmer.

Reactions: Mel8899

TNThomas

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2012
Has anyone used the Apple leather case for a long period of time (on previous phones)? If so, how is the drop protection of the case?

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
So here’s a positive dilemma. I have a $60 Amazon gift card. Which basically means I can get almost any case I really want. The question is, what do I want? Suggestions?

Reactions: Jaggrey

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
Has anyone used the Apple leather case for a long period of time (on previous phones)? If so, how is the drop protection of the case?
I've had some pretty significant crashes in the Apple leather and the case has always absorbed all of the damage. You'll get scuffs and tears in the leather but the phone should be fine.

I stopped using them because the bottom is wide open.
Been using them for years and the only scratches I've seen were from trying to blindly plug in the lightning cable. Since wireless charging was introduced my phones have always looked flawless on the bottom and I'm not overly mindful about being careful with them.

Reactions: TNThomas

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Really? Even with those silly bottom cutouts

Remember that carbon is a huge fingerprint magnet. I'm already out of the Contour case in less than 24 hours. The Catalyst case looks pretty interesting but I'm not crazy about clear backs.

Reactions: AE14

bobsamm

Suspended
Oct 6, 2019
I've had some pretty significant crashes in the Apple leather and the case has always absorbed all of the damage. You'll get scuffs and tears in the leather but the phone should be fine.

Depends how the phone falls, i had a 7 plus fall out of a car holder straight down onto the steel seat rail, and put a dint in the bottom near speak, apple leather case.

Mel8899

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2017
Just ordered silicone case in midnight blue for 11 pro. I’ve been wanting to try one.

bobsamm

Suspended
Oct 6, 2019
Has anyone ordered UAG Civilian ?

I would like to know if the sides/back are slippery. I asked their customer service if all pathfinders are slippery or if i got a dud or fake, and got this response lol. Good brush off.

Thank you for your patience.

Based on the pictures you've provided, the case appears to be a genuine UAG product.

Please note that over time we do release different variations or updated models of our cases which is why you're noticing a slight difference between your case and a different UAG cases.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Bswartz95

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2011
Cleveland , OH
Anyone have experience with these Sena cases? I’m interested. Almost looks like it would interfere with the camera.

Attachments

• 8858A37E-35D7-4881-9EA4-05A0AE2EDB26.jpeg
    8858A37E-35D7-4881-9EA4-05A0AE2EDB26.jpeg
    595.6 KB · Views: 82

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Has anyone ordered UAG Civilian ?

Off topic question. Are 1password users having issues with autofill.

I'm going to order one but waiting until they are actually shipping. 1Password working fine for me.

What color Civilian you like best?

TechnicallyTee

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2013
Atlanta
I guess I’m the only one that’s still in love with the SolidSuit. I keep going back to it although I really like the Contour but I’m trying to get over the buttons.

Reactions: Hooterville

Sal09

macrumors 601
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
I'm going to order one but waiting until they are actually shipping. 1Password working fine for me.

What color Civilian you like best?
Pic of the one you posted. Olive Drab.

They are not available in UK hence waiting for someone to review it before i order it from your side of the world lol.
[automerge]1571291804[/automerge]
Which texture Mous Contour cases are you guys running? Specked or the black leather??
Black leather returned ?

khushboo12

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2019
I buy Two type of iphone 11 cases. one is leather and another is silicon. both are the best designed. I ordered From Hamee India which is the best website for phone covers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.