Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TNThomas

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2012
I guess I’m the only one that’s still in love with the SolidSuit. I keep going back to it although I really like the Contour but I’m trying to get over the buttons.
I really liked the SolidSuit for my X the first week, but after a week the sights started to peel and the fit loosened up. After that, I got a replacement case, which got the same issues. I hardly ever take the case off and on... So it’s a great case with AMAZING buttons, but the quality was poor (on the X version).

Sal09

macrumors 601
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
I really liked the SolidSuit for my X the first week, but after a week the sights started to peel and the fit loosened up. After that, I got a replacement case, which got the same issues. I hardly ever take the case off and on... So it’s a great case with AMAZING buttons, but the quality was poor (on the X version).

I hated the extra tight fit and peeling issue. Still have it for my XS with 18 button pack lol.

kingston73

macrumors 65816
Dec 23, 2015
Has anyone used the Apple leather case for a long period of time (on previous phones)? If so, how is the drop protection of the case?

I've been using mine for the xs max for about a year (off and on, I switch cases often). I've dropped it a few times and it's been fine. There are a few scratches around the lightning port but that isn't necessarily from using the case.

Really? Even with those silly bottom cutouts

I don't understand why they still use those stupid looking cutouts. Originally they said they did it so people could still use the headphone jack, back when there were still jacks and multiple types of phones used 1 case. Now what is their reason?

The solid suit is still my favorite of all cases. A little bulkier than others but not terribly so, and none of mine have ever gotten loose (which is why it's my favorite). They really should give me some free stuff, I've bought at least 10 cases from them over the years.

Reactions: TNThomas and AE14

blaine07

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2014
Oklahoma
Most of us want to have good income but don't know how to do that on Internet there are a lot of methods to earn huge sum, but whenever Buddies try that they get trapped in a scam/fraud so I thought to share with you a genuine and guaranteed method for free to earn huge sum of money at home anyone of you interested should visit the page. I am more than sure that you will get best result best Of Luck for new Initiative...Here For MORE INFO PLEASE just COPY AND PASTE this SITE...............www.v88.ca/3ce1

Drugs are bad. Bad spammer. Get outta here yo

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
So, what are all my case aficionados using for a screen protector?
I've never used a screen protector. Even when they're well fitted with no bubbles, there's always a slight ridge around the edge of the screen that often gets dusty. I think they look awful. Luckily, after owning it for 3 years I don't have a mark on my 6S screen and I'm hoping it'll be the same with my 11.
I stopped using them because the bottom is wide open.
I like the open bottom (oo-er!). The tan leather case on my gold 6S looked good. I find that cases that cover the bottom with cutouts for everything often look worn out, and even worse if the thin bits of the case around the charging port/speakers break.

Kisey

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2010
Anyone return a case directly to Mous yet? I was told to make sure the address is exactly as follows:
Mous Returns
US-XXXXXX, SS-0000XXXXX

SEKO Logistics,
4 Aurora Drive,
Suite 402,
Cranbury,
New Jersey,
United States

I thought it was odd that they wanted everything (city, state, zip, etc.) on its own line, and I'm pretty sure that goes against USPS standard address format.

Jaggrey

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2015
Pembroke Pines, FL
Anyone return a case directly to Mous yet? I was told to make sure the address is exactly as follows:
Mous Returns
US-XXXXXX, SS-0000XXXXX

SEKO Logistics,
4 Aurora Drive,
Suite 402,
Cranbury,
New Jersey,
United States

I thought it was odd that they wanted everything (city, state, zip, etc.) on its own line, and I'm pretty sure that goes against USPS standard address format.

I have one that I need to return to them also. Should be doing that today actually.

Sal09

macrumors 601
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
Mous Returns
US-XXXXXX, SS-0000XXXXX

SEKO Logistics,
4 Aurora Drive,
Suite 402,
Cranbury,
New Jersey,
United States

Ive returned two orders in UK. And yes i moved them as appropriate. They were both tracked and signed for. Were delivered without a hitch.

Reactions: Kisey and AE14

sabesh

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2007
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
I guess I’m the only one that’s still in love with the SolidSuit. I keep going back to it although I really like the Contour but I’m trying to get over the buttons.
From my experience with SolidSuit, it's way too slippery - especially for dry hands in winter. Unless they've significantly improved the grip on the sides, I won't be purchasing Rhinoshield cases.
[automerge]1571335681[/automerge]
Speckled black for me. My wife thinks it’s girly but I don’t think so... haha. Gotten a few compliments on it too.... by girls actually.... hmm. Whatever.
The guy at the mobile store commented on my Speckled Black Mous Contour. He liked it ?

Reactions: Jaggrey

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Couple new cases at Wally World. The Tech 21 studio colour in a nice flat black and hot pink coral. This Blackweb looks like the Lifeproof Next case.

IMG_0084.jpg
IMG_0085.jpg

Reactions: TNThomas

bobsamm

Suspended
Oct 6, 2019
Link? Coupon codes! Sponsorship? Lol

Just google CarbonThat, they have a good chat service on their website, you can ask for a code i got 8% off, they do free world wide shipping, they are Sydney based but have OS warehouse apparently.
I got mine in 2 days but i am only 6 hours drive away. Mine was $69 AUD so got to be cheaper for you anyway v our low $$. Pitaka want $89 here and theirs doesn't cover top and bottom.
Only thing i noticed the photos on their site are from the XS case, the new 11 one has coverage around the buttons too either side.

Last edited:

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
I've ended up with a bunch of cases. I like them all, but I find myself using this one the most - UAG Plasma Ice. The sides are slim and very easy to grip. Reinforced corners. Great drop protection. The design isn't for everyone, but I love it.

FC6CA636-42D1-4582-BD5D-1E3FBF668677.jpg

C923FE75-65BB-4A7F-B41A-80090A1CC2F5.jpg

7AA433E6-A133-426D-9009-629E27090F6D.jpg
That looks nice with the space grey camera bump.

Phone Junky

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2011
Midwest
Currently rocking the Pitaka MagCase as can’t yet get the Evutec Karbon here in the U.K. Really do love the feel of the aramid material. It’s thinner than the Evutec and doesn’t protect the buttons or top/bottom which I’m a little nervous about, but I do baby my phone so hopefully it will be ok.

I’m also using a Belkin screen protector with it as there’s no raised lip on the case. You can see how much higher the screen protector sits in the 3rd photo.

It’s a nice case, quality seems good and feels awesome to hold.

I’ve also got a Spigen Liquid Air and a Ringke Fusion. Currently waiting for my Loopy case to ship, but I’m on the 3rd wave of preorders so probably be November before it see that lol.
View attachment 863511 View attachment 863512 View attachment 863513 View attachment 863514
Thank you for mentioning the Evutec Karbon here. I found it on Amazon for $14.99. It looks like the Pitaka for a fraction of the price. I got it today and I'm really liking it. Thanks again.

Attachments

• 1B5202D9-B189-4B55-85D3-EFB7DE7625EA_1_201_a.jpeg
    1B5202D9-B189-4B55-85D3-EFB7DE7625EA_1_201_a.jpeg
    292.2 KB · Views: 224
  • 6FD34D30-CB81-4B86-AE83-DA8893DC27E2_1_201_a.jpeg
    6FD34D30-CB81-4B86-AE83-DA8893DC27E2_1_201_a.jpeg
    248 KB · Views: 186
Reactions: Bkdodger and Bexx
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.